GRMN Yaris GRMN speculation

AK10TOY

Obsessed member
Dec 18, 2021
Bucks
Yeah, sad to think it'll probably be garaged and barely used, cars, especially that one, are made for driving,

to each their own I suppose 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Onehp

KimmE_GR

Dedicated member
Mar 29, 2022
Yeah, sad to think it'll probably be garaged and barely used, cars, especially that one, are made for driving,

to each their own I suppose 🤷‍♂️
I think people who have the money to buy a Yaris for 200k are not afraid to drive them. I would atleast. xD

Reactions: Michael Knight

Duke

Totally Hooked
Dec 27, 2021
I love my GR, but there's no way a (very) mildly tickled one is worth that much to me.

As far as speculation goes I'm not even sure it makes sense. It's just not special enough compared to some other 'big bucks' track-focused specials like NISMO GTRs or GT Porsches.

Michael Knight

Totally Hooked
Dec 7, 2021
www.grcf.fi
I love my GR, but there's no way a (very) mildly tickled one is worth that much to me.

As far as speculation goes I'm not even sure it makes sense. It's just not special enough compared to some other 'big bucks' track-focused specials like NISMO GTRs or GT Porsches.
More rare than GT Porsche

corroded

Totally Hooked
Dec 23, 2021
Yeah, £120k is a lot of money for a Yaris... could buy a normal one, and a spare, and one to gut and to turn into a rally car

That said, a lot of people said £35k was a lot for a Yaris too.

Reactions: Kaxe

Duke

Totally Hooked
Dec 27, 2021
More rare than GT Porsche
Haha, true. But GT Porkers actually seem quite common nowadays.

Besides, if it was only about rarity you’d buy some kind of larger-engined Subaru or a weird Lancia that is only made for Italian politicians to be chauffeured about in 😁

If the GRMN had really trick stuff like Öhlins damping, carbon wheels and/or brakes, and maybe a dry-sumped 360+ps then I might see the value.

Reactions: Max

GRunt

Obsessed member
Feb 17, 2022
Northern Germany
I don't care about these Stehzeuge. I'd take it so, if a car is to prestigious or rare or anything else to be driven, it's not a car anymore but an investment or a museum exhibit. If you buy a car but are afraid to drive it you bought the wrong one.

I found the same about other things. I got an really excellent hand forged Japanese knife as a special present. It's exceptional good craftsmanship. I rarely use it because it's just to good. Poor tamahagane just laying around. Things that ate build for a purpose but don't get to be used are piece of art or junk with a very blurred line. 😆

Onehp

Totally Hooked
Dec 6, 2021
Scandinavia
Stehzeuge :LOL:

Exceptions exist, the GOAT is maybe Rowan Atkinson that drove his Macca F1 40k+ miles, crashed it twice and sold it with approx £7 million in profit...

Lets hope they get driven, despite the modest looking spec they are supposedly very good... @Duke

Reactions: Michael Knight

Michael Knight

Totally Hooked
Dec 7, 2021
www.grcf.fi
it could be that mk2 GR has same engine as GRMN... which I think its a bit funny as GRMN is very limited and expensive model. kind of removes the halo effect from that model. but let's wait and see...