GR86 GR86 - Paint Colour Choices

Andy asked me to split out the graphs showing a visual split between different colour choices for ordered cars into its own thread.

I'll keep this post updated as more people join the forum and confirm their orders in the main Order List thread.

I welcome any suggestions for improving the visuals or what other data you'd like to see.

View attachment 6258

I've also collated information on order times and confirmed delivery dates for different paint colours in the table below:

Electric Blue 6MT:

Name​
Transmission​
Colour​
Order placed​
EDD​
6MT​
Electric Blue​
09/04/2022​
23/06/2022​
6MT​
Electric Blue​
09/04/2022​
05/08/2022​
6MT​
Electric Blue​
10/04/2022​
05/08/2022​
6MT​
Electric Blue​
10/04/2022​
05/08/2022​
6MT​
Electric Blue​
10/04/2022​
08/08/2022​
6MT​
Electric blue​
20/04/2022 ???​
08/08/2022​
6MT​
Electric Blue​
20/04/2022 10:04​
08/08/2022​
6MT​
Electric Blue​
10/04/2022​
08/08/2022​
6MT​
Electric Blue​
20/04/2022 10:04​
15/08/2022​

Electric Blue 6AT:

Name​
Transmission​
Colour​
Order placed​
EDD​
6AT​
Electric Blue​
20/04/2022 10:12​
14/09/2022​

Ignition Red 6MT:

Name​
Transmission​
Colour​
Order placed​
EDD​
6MT​
Ignition Red​
10/04/2022​
06/07/2022​
6MT​
Ignition Red​
09/04/2022​
06/07/2022​
6MT​
Ignition Red​
10/04/2022 ???​
18/07/2022​
@Dal​
6MT​
Ignition Red​
20/04/2022 10:04​
05/08/2022​
6MT​
Ignition Red​
20/04/2022 10:05​
05/08/2022​
6MT​
Ignition Red​
20/04/2022 10:06​
05/08/2022​
6MT​
Ignition Red​
20/04/2022 10:10​
05/08/2022​

Pearl White 6MT:

Name​
Transmission​
Colour​
Order placed​
EDD​
6MT​
Pearl White​
09/04/2022​
23/06/2022​
6MT​
Pearl White​
09/04/2022​
06/07/2022​
6MT​
Pearl White​
09/04/2022​
06/07/2022​
6MT​
Pearl White​
20/04/2022 10:07​
18/07/2022​
6MT​
Pearl White​
20/04/2022 10:08​
05/08/2022​
6MT​
Pearl White​
20/04/2022 10:11​
08/08/2022​
6MT​
Pearl White​
20/04/2022 10:12​
08/08/2022​
6MT​
Pearl White​
20/04/2022 10:18​
13/09/2022​

Magnetite Grey 6MT:

Name​
Transmission​
Colour​
Order placed​
EDD​
6MT​
Magnetite Grey​
09/04/2022​
06/07/2022​
6MT​
Magnetite Grey​
10/04/2022​
18/07/2022​
6MT​
Magnetite Grey​
10/04/2022​
05/08/2022​
6MT​
Magnetite Grey​
20/04/2022 10:04​
08/08/2022​

Crystal Black 6MT:

Name​
Transmission​
Colour​
Order placed​
EDD​
6MT​
Crystal Black​
09/04/2022​
23/06/2022​
@Al Auto​
6MT​
Crystal Black​
20/04/2022 10:03​
06/07/2022​
6MT​
Crystal Black​
20/04/2022 10:08​
05/08/2022​
6MT​
Crystal Black​
20/04/2022 10:14​
05/08/2022​
6MT​
Crystal Black​
20/04/2022 10:10​
05/08/2022​
6MT​
Crystal Black​
20/04/2022 10:12​
08/08/2022​

Sapphire Blue 6MT:

Name​
Transmission​
Colour​
Order placed​
EDD​
6MT​
Sapphire Blue​
09/04/2022​
06/07/2022​
6MT​
Sapphire Blue​
20/04/2022 10:06​
08/08/2022​

Ice Silver 6MT:

Name​
Transmission​
Colour​
Order placed​
EDD​
6MT​
Ice Silver​
20/04/2022 10:08​
18/08/2022​


Updated on 22/05/22 @ 10:54 am with 183 cars (UK only)

Added table containing order times and EDDs.
Just reminding myself of this table as I decided to defer my allocation until spring 2023.

In another world, quite a few of us should have been running in our cars by now!

Is it too soon to update this given the number of MyT app movements recently?
 
Just reminding myself of this table as I decided to defer my allocation until spring 2023.

In another world, quite a few of us should have been running in our cars by now!

Is it too soon to update this given the number of MyT app movements recently?
I was toying with the idea of updating the list but with how erratic and unreliable the updates on MyToyota have been, I don't think it would serve any useful purpose in giving us an indication of order deliveries at this stage.

I think a more useful table will be order dates/times vs delivery dates once the first cars hopefully start being handed off to the buyers in October.
 
Yes, maybe by next Christmas. 😁

My dealer is Salisbury, not sure how many they are getting in?
I’m Hampshire based but went for Salisbury dealer, also silver - what time was your order? (10.13 for me)
 
I’m Hampshire based but went for Salisbury dealer, also silver - what time was your order? (10.13 for me)
I was 10.24, so you will likely be before me. Unless you cancel and I'll get yours instead. 🤣
 
Looks like there's been a few additions to the ever growing list and some colour changes, so I'll get to update everything accordingly this weekend. :)
 
Removed the estimated delivery dates from the OP, as they became outdated in line with all the delivery delays. I will probably start a thread on actual delivery dates vs order times when the first cars are being delivered to the customers. Old EDDs for reference below.

I will be updating the paint colour and transmission choices graphs tomorrow, as we've had a few change of hearts, cancellations and new members join since the last update.

I've also collated information on order times and confirmed delivery dates for different paint colours in the table below:

Electric Blue 6MT:

Name​
Transmission​
Colour​
Order placed​
EDD​
6MT​
Electric Blue​
09/04/2022​
23/06/2022​
6MT​
Electric Blue​
09/04/2022​
05/08/2022​
6MT​
Electric Blue​
10/04/2022​
05/08/2022​
6MT​
Electric Blue​
10/04/2022​
05/08/2022​
6MT​
Electric Blue​
10/04/2022​
08/08/2022​
6MT​
Electric blue​
20/04/2022 ???​
08/08/2022​
6MT​
Electric Blue​
20/04/2022 10:04​
08/08/2022​
6MT​
Electric Blue​
10/04/2022​
08/08/2022​
6MT​
Electric Blue​
20/04/2022 10:04​
15/08/2022​

Electric Blue 6AT:

Name​
Transmission​
Colour​
Order placed​
EDD​
6AT​
Electric Blue​
20/04/2022 10:12​
14/09/2022​

Ignition Red 6MT:

Name​
Transmission​
Colour​
Order placed​
EDD​
6MT​
Ignition Red​
10/04/2022​
06/07/2022​
6MT​
Ignition Red​
09/04/2022​
06/07/2022​
6MT​
Ignition Red​
10/04/2022 ???​
18/07/2022​
@Dal​
6MT​
Ignition Red​
20/04/2022 10:04​
05/08/2022​
6MT​
Ignition Red​
20/04/2022 10:05​
05/08/2022​
6MT​
Ignition Red​
20/04/2022 10:06​
05/08/2022​
6MT​
Ignition Red​
20/04/2022 10:10​
05/08/2022​

Pearl White 6MT:

Name​
Transmission​
Colour​
Order placed​
EDD​
6MT​
Pearl White​
09/04/2022​
23/06/2022​
6MT​
Pearl White​
09/04/2022​
06/07/2022​
6MT​
Pearl White​
09/04/2022​
06/07/2022​
6MT​
Pearl White​
20/04/2022 10:07​
18/07/2022​
6MT​
Pearl White​
20/04/2022 10:08​
05/08/2022​
6MT​
Pearl White​
20/04/2022 10:11​
08/08/2022​
6MT​
Pearl White​
20/04/2022 10:12​
08/08/2022​
6MT​
Pearl White​
20/04/2022 10:18​
13/09/2022​

Magnetite Grey 6MT:

Name​
Transmission​
Colour​
Order placed​
EDD​
6MT​
Magnetite Grey​
09/04/2022​
06/07/2022​
6MT​
Magnetite Grey​
10/04/2022​
18/07/2022​
6MT​
Magnetite Grey​
10/04/2022​
05/08/2022​
6MT​
Magnetite Grey​
20/04/2022 10:04​
08/08/2022​

Crystal Black 6MT:

Name​
Transmission​
Colour​
Order placed​
EDD​
6MT​
Crystal Black​
09/04/2022​
23/06/2022​
@Al Auto​
6MT​
Crystal Black​
20/04/2022 10:03​
06/07/2022​
6MT​
Crystal Black​
20/04/2022 10:08​
05/08/2022​
6MT​
Crystal Black​
20/04/2022 10:14​
05/08/2022​
6MT​
Crystal Black​
20/04/2022 10:10​
05/08/2022​
6MT​
Crystal Black​
20/04/2022 10:12​
08/08/2022​

Sapphire Blue 6MT:

Name​
Transmission​
Colour​
Order placed​
EDD​
6MT​
Sapphire Blue​
09/04/2022​
06/07/2022​
6MT​
Sapphire Blue​
20/04/2022 10:06​
08/08/2022​

Ice Silver 6MT:

Name​
Transmission​
Colour​
Order placed​
EDD​
6MT​
Ice Silver​
20/04/2022 10:08​
18/08/2022​
 
Considering how popular the Electric Blue was I would expect to see a lot more in build!
That’s if they have any🤔 , it’s been removed in Europe and customers with confirmed orders being asked to change to an alternative 🤷‍♂️
 
That’s if they have any🤔 , it’s been removed in Europe and customers with confirmed orders being asked to change to an alternative 🤷‍♂️
I hope we don't get asked the same, I like the white but I am put off by any potential colour matching issues down the line.

The red looks nice, but I have my heart set on the electric blue and that would probably be the last straw for me if I have to change.
 
I hope we don't get asked the same, I like the white but I am put off by any potential colour matching issues down the line.

The red looks nice, but I have my heart set on the electric blue and that would probably be the last straw for me if I have to change.
If they do that, I’d be asking for Orange- which in the USA special colour 2023. Since all cars come from the same source I see no reason why Toyota Corp shouldn’t offer the unique colour as a gesture.
 
If they do that, I’d be asking for Orange- which in the USA special colour 2023. Since all cars come from the same source I see no reason why Toyota Corp shouldn’t offer the unique colour as a gesture.
Me too!
 
I have just changed from White to Red. My 10.36am confirmation has not gone into build yet.
I fully expected to go to the back of the queue, but its gone from March to May (23)
 
I have just changed from White to Red. My 10.36am confirmation has not gone into build yet.
I fully expected to go to the back of the queue, but its gone from March to May (23)
I believe they just add 6 months from now and then it rolls forward each month.

I’m back of queue too and when I changed colour in September my dealer said it was showing March 23
 
I'm curious if many would change their chosen colour after seeing a few more UK pictures.
Silver is one that I ruled out but looks good on the car
 
I'm curious if many would change their chosen colour after seeing a few more UK pictures.
Silver is one that I ruled out but looks good on the car
Are there any colours that don't look great in the flesh on the GR86?

There are a few more toned down options like black, silver and grey, two richer metallic paints in the form of pearl white and sapphire blue, and two more outgoing brighter paints with neptune/electric blue and ignition red.

I think Toyota got it right and there aren't wrong choices with the paint options. All of them suit the car in different ways.

Speaking of which, I think I'm way overdue on revising the graphs in the OP.
 
OP updated with the paint and transmission choice charts for 199 UK cars from the Order List thread (https://www.gr-zoo.com/threads/the-gr86-order-list.564/).



Please check that your details are correct in that thread, especially if you have cancelled your order or changed the colour option recently.


For those of you who aren't keen on percentages:

1 in 4 cars are Electric Blue (the most common)
1 in 6 cars are Ignition Red
1 in 8 cars are Ice Silver
1 in 8 cars are Pearl White
1 in 8 cars are Magnetite Grey
1 in 10 cars are Crystal Black
1 in 12 cars are Sapphire Blue (the rarest)
 
Last edited:
The car looks so cool and impressive in electric blue. Photos don’t do justice IMO.
It is vibrant, childish and light enough colour that shows super curvy lines of the new 86. When we first saw we all thought it was the right decision for this type of car.
 
OP updated with the paint and transmission choice charts for 199 UK cars from the Order List thread (https://www.gr-zoo.com/threads/the-gr86-order-list.564/).



Please check that your details are correct in that thread, especially if you have cancelled your order or changed the colour option recently.


For those of you who aren't keen on percentages:

1 in 4 cars are Electric Blue (the most common)
1 in 6 cars are Ignition Red
1 in 8 cars are Ice Silver
1 in 8 cars are Pearl White
1 in 8 cars are Magnetite Grey
1 in 10 cars are Crystal Black
1 in 12 cars are Sapphire Blue (the rarest)
Great work @beorg 👍 Are you going to include the TUK press and demo cars once we have a full list?
 
Back
Top