GR86 GR86 - Paint Colour Choices

And Electric Blue will be common as muck but even though I've not seen it in person I'm happy I've gone with it.
It might still only be around 100 cars in the whole of the UK, with some of them no doubt garage queens, so spotting one might prove more difficult than some people imagine!
 
It might still only be around 100 cars in the whole of the UK, with some of them no doubt garage queens, so spotting one might prove more difficult than some people imagine!
I rarely see 86's and even then it's when my brother is home. I've seen more GR Yaris lately than anything. Can see the GR86 being rarer than the Yaris in the end
 
I rarely see 86's and even then it's when my brother is home. I've seen more GR Yaris lately than anything. Can see the GR86 being rarer than the Yaris in the end
There were 6,620 Toyota GT86s licensed in the UK in 2021. 220 of those were the Club Series Blue edition, which I believe is the same paint code as the Electric Blue.

GR86s would seem like unicorns in comparison.

 
At SCITP yesterday there was a significant number of cars in a very similar colour to Electric Blue , particularly Ford Focus RS and a range of Porsche and BMWs and the MC20 which was a bit darker but still one of my ”cars I wish I could drive away“ 😍

5832828E-6EA5-4881-9EED-B7F3773B8B0C.webp
30367E66-ED53-478C-8680-C9E9C4619783.webp
 
Have we had confirmation if the Electric Blue is the same as Neptune Blue?

Electric is listed as pearl and Neptune is listed as metallic, but from what I can see both are DAR.

I want my pre-painted spoiler :D
 
Have we had confirmation if the Electric Blue is the same as Neptune Blue?

Electric is listed as pearl and Neptune is listed as metallic, but from what I can see both are DAR.

I want my pre-painted spoiler :D
Both are paint code DAR , see post #2 for more info 👍
 
Had to get a service today, I had two left on the service pack on the GT that will get ported to the GR so they did this one for free, result.

Spotted this in the showroom.View attachment 4448
Did you get close enough to see if Electric Blue is actually pearlescent, or have those of us that ordered it been mugged out of 900 quid?
 
I’m new here but did anyone actually see the car listed in the new cars section at 10am on the day?
I was trying for 10 minutes then decided to build a Yaris and edit the url to gr86 and that worked.
No, I was looking from just before 10am but then did the same as you and edited the URL...
I got the Toyota email at 10:09 but I was already on with it by then.
 
Last edited:
Did you get close enough to see if Electric Blue is actually pearlescent, or have those of us that ordered it been mugged out of 900 quid?
Was just about to write the same lol.
 
No, it is not. It is the same colour as my current GT86 blue edition.
Don't know how anyone else feels about that but I certainly feel "done". "Pearlescent" has fairly well defined expectations I think and a flat or non metallic finish is not pearlescent. I think there could be a large group of unhappy buyers as it is one of the most popular choices according to this forum.
 
No, it is not. It is the same colour as my current GT86 blue edition.
Wonder if it might be worth kicking off about that on delivery. Technically missold. Not that I'd refuse the car on that basis, but it's a bit galling to be charged extra on the basis that it's something when it isn't.
 
Back
Top