GR86 GR86 Delivery Tracking and Collection thread

Has anyone worked out if they can be taped on and cover the 4 dimples intended for Japanese plates?
Yeah, this just about works with the standard plates too.

Although, you would need that extra black part on the dealer plates at the bottom “Marshall’s” etc.
 
Finally got to drive it today! Picked it up unwashed and in the drizzle, and took it straight over to be coated in something protective. It was a short interaction, but so far so good...
20230914_102012.webp

I was worried about paint choice, but when the sun hit it, even with all the Sahara dust, adhesive and crud accumulated from its Japanese odyssey, it shimmered. The pics don't pick up the detail of the blue flakes.
20230914_124956.webp

Now I need to wait a week until I see it again...
 
I've got a pearl white due in the next few weeks and was planning on going black spoiler. Are you happy with how it looks (in my mind it works with the wheels and wing mirrors).
Absolutely! Was without doubt the right choice in my opinion. I love the look of the back of mine
I've added a pic of it I took as I was doing the paperwork collecting it. The dealer was holding it in the showroom to keep it out the rain and because it looks so good I reckon ;)

20230908_074623069_iOS.jpg
 
Last edited:
Absolutely! Was without doubt the right choice in my opinion. I love the look of the back of mine
I've added a pic of it I took as I was doing the paperwork collecting it. The dealer was holding it in the showroom to keep it out the rain and because it looks so good I reckon ;)

View attachment 20317
I like that plate _ colour and spoiler really pop
 
I like that plate _ colour and spoiler really pop
Thank you :giggle:

The black accents on the car look so good against the white in my opinion. I preferred the blue colour to the white, but I thought it would be too much of a missed opportunity if I didn't go for the white. I'm very happy with it.

Looking to get some PPF on it over the coming week with any luck before I ruin the paintwork. Already dinged one of the alloy wheels against a curb :cry: Not used to the rubber being so thin and having no protrusion from the wheel itself as basic protection against my occasional less-than-perfect parking.
 
Absolutely! Was without doubt the right choice in my opinion. I love the look of the back of mine
I've added a pic of it I took as I was doing the paperwork collecting it. The dealer was holding it in the showroom to keep it out the rain and because it looks so good I reckon ;)

View attachment 20317
Looks fantastic with the black on white, really suits it. What shade of black is it, is it painted gloss black or the black metallic? I'm guessing it's the same as the wing mirrors?
 
Oooh, out of the blue an email delivery update received today from TOL (eta 14 Nov 23). Could it be a sheer coincidence that earlier today I'd slated them (within these forum walls) for not keeping me updated? Are we being observed from afar? 👀

"... and slowly and surely, they drew their plans against us." ... 🎶Duh Duh Duuuuuuuuh! Dah Dah Daaaaaaaaah!! etc [intro link: War of the Worlds]
 
Just home from collecting mine in what felt like a damn monsoon. Couldn't have picked a worse day!

Gotta admit it was rather scary driving my first brand new car in conditions like that, so I was too focused on trying not to die than pay much attention to the car itself.

But it feels great, still had a smile on my face all the way home. The newest car I've owned until now was from 2003, so all this tech is a lot to take in, even on such a simple car.

And boy I can tell this thing just wants to go sideways all the time 🤣
 
Oooh, out of the blue an email delivery update received today from TOL (eta 14 Nov 23). Could it be a sheer coincidence that earlier today I'd slated them (within these forum walls) for not keeping me updated? Are we being observed from afar? 👀

It;s no coincidence. Is should also be expecting delivery around then and I haven't received an email.
 
Another one collected in the wet this morning, my Sapphire Blue MT from Stirling. A grey went before me and a silver due out shortly, hope to see them soon. I know I've not posted during my time waiting but thanks to all on this forum for the guidance and importantly that pick up checklist - the salesman seemed only interested in connecting my Bluetooth. I'd love to say I sent it sideways but the truth is I was just grateful it wasn't damaged, relieved it got over the speed bumps and amazed I didn't have to climb out the boot when I parked it up in my single garage. Next steps a ceramic coating and eventually an exhaust.
 
It's ok, I've been posting for both of us





What was on your list?
1. This forum's consolidated list by NoBoost (insert link here if I could)
2. Some sort of assurance they did a contactless wash only
3. Cuddly toy for the little one - No here's a packet of seeds
4. That alarm I asked for...
 
1. This forum's consolidated list by NoBoost (insert link here if I could)

So not this one then: https://www.gr-zoo.com/threads/gr86-pickup-checklist.2581/


2. Some sort of assurance they did a contactless wash only

I've just asked them not to touch it


3. Cuddly toy for the little one - No here's a packet of seeds

Eh?


4. That alarm I asked for...

So you're list (no offence meant) was basically 'please don't scratch the paintwork'?
 
  • Love
Reactions: Sim
Back
Top