GR86 GR86 Delivery Tracking and Collection thread

Well I have cancelled my order (grey) and will be picking up a used car (white) instead from a forum member.
Saves a few £ and I get a car that’s already run in, has PPF and some other little extras that I wouldn’t otherwise have been able to buy.

The 7hr drive home will be fun…
Perfect. You're happy; they're happy.
 
Been given a provisional collection date for just over a week away, and completed the free drive-away insurance application.

Though hastily declined the £1900 Toyota wanted for the annual premium!
 
Picked mine up today. Very pleased with the Sapphire Blue paint which looks stunning in the metal. Tried to get pictures of it but it just doesn’t do it justice.

First time actually driving a GR86 too as I didn’t manage a test drive and it’s everything I hoped it would be.. feels like a proper car that needs driving, great chassis, can feel the road but it soaks up the worst of the bumps, enough tech to make it feel modern but without the nanny state bings and bongs and it looks really special.

So pleased I’ve got the keys to this car. One to keep and cherish for years to come as the world around moves to electric cars.
 
I collected my pearl white one from Tunbridge Wells on Friday 8th September.
Had a black spoiler fitted by them too.
I've got a pearl white due in the next few weeks and was planning on going black spoiler. Are you happy with how it looks (in my mind it works with the wheels and wing mirrors).
 
Car is enroute to the dealer who have the 'instruction' list, just waiting to pay TOL. Of course, the luggage net is now unavailable and chased mud flaps since 3July (we live very rurally) - a lottery if they turn up. Apart from those issues, just a tad excited to get this Ice Silver car to the detailers. Debadge the back, fit a few goodies, all in time for a wee driving holiday on 29th September 😁👍
 
Car is enroute to the dealer who have the 'instruction' list, just waiting to pay TOL. Of course, the luggage net is now unavailable and chased mud flaps since 3July (we live very rurally) - a lottery if they turn up. Apart from those issues, just a tad excited to get this Ice Silver car to the detailers. Debadge the back, fit a few goodies, all in time for a wee driving holiday on 29th September 😁👍
I had an email last week telling me that my mudflaps can't be supplied but I can buy them from the dealer... Not sure how that works if their supplier has gone tits up
 
Has anyone worked out if they can be taped on and cover the 4 dimples intended for Japanese plates?
Dimples be gone👍

20230913_194919.webp
 
Car is enroute to the dealer who have the 'instruction' list, just waiting to pay TOL. Of course, the luggage net is now unavailable and chased mud flaps since 3July (we live very rurally) - a lottery if they turn up. Apart from those issues, just a tad excited to get this Ice Silver car to the detailers. Debadge the back, fit a few goodies, all in time for a wee driving holiday on 29th September 😁👍
Consider having the sills wrapped in PPF, the mudflaps are very small anyway, they won't stop much.
My detailer put a strip of PPF behind the rear wheels also. Approx £250.

1000000441.webp
 
Just arranged to collect mine and found out the dealer has drilled the number plates despite me asking them to use tape. Annoying
Disappointed to learn this for myself today - despite repeated requests for no plinth or drilling of the bumper/grill.

I’m told UK cars leave the factory with a base 515mm plinth. Dealer can then stick or screw the reg plate to the plinth.

Unfortunately removing the plinth reveals two gaping holes accross the bumper/grill - see picture borrowed from another thread.

I have a short plate [345mm] so after researching GRZOO have ordered “Toyota GR-86 Number Plate Bracket - Toyota part number: SU003-09277.

Supposed to be suitable for 355mm plates.

Fingers crossed it will arrive before handover next month.

IMG_0207.webp
 
Disappointed to learn this for myself today - despite repeated requests for no plinth or drilling of the bumper/grill.

I’m told UK cars leave the factory with a base 515mm plinth. Dealer can then stick or screw the reg plate to the plinth.

Unfortunately removing the plinth reveals two gaping holes accross the bumper/grill - see picture borrowed from another thread.

I have a short plate [345mm] so after researching GRZOO have ordered “Toyota GR-86 Number Plate Bracket - Toyota part number: SU003-09277.

Supposed to be suitable for 355mm plates.

Fingers crossed it will arrive before handover next month.
I brought the short plinth, fits like a glove, I have a 330mm plate. Expensive bit of plastic but worth it 👍
 
Off to pick mine up this morning! Then straight off get some PPF coated all over it. Hopefully goes well, and no stone chips en-route. I can't help but worry about every step of this saga. 😅
 
MyT says it at the dealership. Anyone had experience with Colchester?

I've just emailed them along with online team for next steps.
 
MyT says it at the dealership. Anyone h1ad experience with Colachester?

I've just emailed them along with online team for next steps.
Pop down, I had to make first contact with them, tell them your wishes for car, washed unwashed unwrapped, number plates stuck on etc, looking at a week to 10 days for them to get it ready.
 
Back
Top