The grey one is mine!Just saw these 2 in Toyota Reading. Are their owners here?
View attachment 20072View attachment 20073
Just picked it up today
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
The grey one is mine!Just saw these 2 in Toyota Reading. Are their owners here?
View attachment 20072View attachment 20073
Ah hopefully they’ll offer the same to me when they call to arrange hand over thenOnly saw a glimpse of yours in the background, they offered to send a quick video when I was talking to them about arranging pickup. (I was jumping the gun as I hadn’t transferred the money to TOL then!!)
I was undecided between Grey and Sapphire blue, decided on the Grey in the end but half doubting my choice seeing the pictures of the blue cars!!
Enjoy it! How are you liking the grey? I picked my Magnetite up last weekend and I'm loving it.Ah hopefully they’ll offer the same to me when they call to arrange hand over then
I was torn between the Grey and Blue also, my GT86 was grey so thought I’d try something new! It is a lovely grey!
Great, I am in Reading tooThe grey one is mine!
Just picked it up today![]()
i think the queue has already gone in AugustHey all, first time posting.
On the topic of Toyota increasing the current and last batch of GR86s… I had a friend who had to cancel his order so we tried to change the name to mine as the registered keeper when scheduling collection but obviously Toyota have strict rules around passing your queue position to a non-family member and they weren’t having it… however they did then say they’d guarantee I’d get one. So my friend cancelled his order - and then Toyota sent me a link to put a £1000 deposit down, few hours later I got the confirmation to confirm my build and spec and now I have a GR86 on order!
This is kind of baffling considering every local dealership I’ve rung up have said you have to put your email to get on the waiting list and all cancelled orders are sent back to some central sorting garage. And that there is no chance you’ll get allocated one given the size of the waiting list.
And so here I am with a GR86 on order. Did I somehow jump the queue cos of this friend having one on order and having a guy on the inside promise that I could get one (with access to the purchase URL)?
I’ve been told delivery time is looking like Mid-November from the Buy Online team on the phone and the status of my order is one before “in production in Japan”… so from all this it feels like either one of two things are happening: I will be allocated a car from current pool of cancelled orders OR Toyota have increased the batch size and another production run is happening before year end.
Any ideas?
I will call them up too - as I haven’t been given one eitherCheers I will ring up buy online as I would love one to go with my GT-Four poster in the garage.
Hey all, first time posting.
On the topic of Toyota increasing the current and last batch of GR86s… I had a friend who had to cancel his order so we tried to change the name to mine as the registered keeper when scheduling collection but obviously Toyota have strict rules around passing your queue position to a non-family member and they weren’t having it… however they did then say they’d guarantee I’d get one. So my friend cancelled his order - and then Toyota sent me a link to put a £1000 deposit down, few hours later I got the confirmation to confirm my build and spec and now I have a GR86 on order!
so from all this it feels like either one of two things are happening: I will be allocated a car from current pool of cancelled orders OR Toyota have increased the batch size and another production run is happening before year end.
Thanks All , Yes on Women's insurance all sorted and they agreed writing to have done at my preferred body shop , cosmetic damage on front bumper so will need new one as cracked guess may take a while. 72 plate 4x4 Jaguar thing had parking sensors but apparently they don't work and she had booked into garage , you couldn't make it up , guess mirrors are redundant now! Anyway took car out yesterday over to Cotswolds great fun and really enjoyed the car 24hrs makes all the differenceWTF? I've not seen anyone drive into my parked car in 35 years, yet you get it in 3 minutes - that's not fair.
I think you are spot on @Triggaaar - due to market conditions I don’t think they will sell out the total allocation. Still think they will have sold a decent number of them. PS I am not saying any of this to be negative, day 6 of ownership for me and I think the car is brilliant - I love itNice, congrats. What colour have you ordered (and what choice did you have)?
I don't think it's the latter. They may not sell out, due to the current market conditions (the cost of living has skyrocketed, and it's also a lot more expensive to borrow money this year)
My silver manual is on Morning Calypso which is due into the Suez on the 20th.. If they gave me your's I wouldn't complain too much..My silver manual arrived at RRG on Tuesday. After a lot of deliberation over the last week - I’ve decided to cancel the order so there is another silver manual available that should go to a lucky person on the list.
Reminds me / I have an Issho that I bought off eBay which owes ame £7.35. As I won’t be putting it in a GR, anyone near the M4 corridor want to take it off my hands - say fiver to your favourite charity
Thanks that really helpful , I was thing a couple of weeks which is not too badBody repair and insurance used to be my thing,
I suspect repair-cycle-times [for non-fault incidents like yours] are driven by repairers/insurers/aggregators exploiting non-fault hire car provision, not parts availability.
I had an identical incident with one of the first Audi S3’s.
Used an Audi approved bodyshop was forced to accept a Cayman replacement hire car [just wanted mine back]
When the S3 was returned it had an additional 710miles on the odometer.
Turned out the bodyshop manager had been driving the S3 for 7 of the 9 weeks I was without it.
To top it all, the repair was substandard.
Heads rolled.
BTW I’ve seen a few comments on the forum about trackers and dash cams. My recommendation is get a tracker and a front/rear dash cam.
Anyway, repair cost was sub £2,300. Hire cost over £7,000 - I was appalled.
If the accident had been my fault [with no hire car involved] the bodyshop would have been able to turn the job around in 4.5 days - perhaps less.
Parts should take no longer than 18 days - even if they have to come from Japan.
However, sometime there will be genuine reasons for parts delay. For example, we needed a steering wheel for an XK8 and couldn’t get it. Jaguar insisted they couldn’t provide one without stopping the production line - in the end that’s what they did.
Don‘t be disheartened, the UK vehicle repair industry is one of the best and predominantly populated by hard core car enthusiasts, I’m sure they’ll do you proud.
As for insurers and aggregators? Those f****** can….
Hey all, first time posting.
On the topic of Toyota increasing the current and last batch of GR86s… I had a friend who had to cancel his order so we tried to change the name to mine as the registered keeper when scheduling collection but obviously Toyota have strict rules around passing your queue position to a non-family member and they weren’t having it… however they did then say they’d guarantee I’d get one. So my friend cancelled his order - and then Toyota sent me a link to put a £1000 deposit down, few hours later I got the confirmation to confirm my build and spec and now I have a GR86 on order!
This is kind of baffling considering every local dealership I’ve rung up have said you have to put your email to get on the waiting list and all cancelled orders are sent back to some central sorting garage. And that there is no chance you’ll get allocated one given the size of the waiting list.
And so here I am with a GR86 on order. Did I somehow jump the queue cos of this friend having one on order and having a guy on the inside promise that I could get one (with access to the purchase URL)?
I’ve been told delivery time is looking like Mid-November from the Buy Online team on the phone and the status of my order is one before “in production in Japan”… so from all this it feels like either one of two things are happening: I will be allocated a car from current pool of cancelled orders OR Toyota have increased the batch size and another production run is happening before year end.
Any ideas?
Choices available were white, grey and red for putting deposit down.Nice, congrats. What colour have you ordered (and what choice did you have)?
I don't think it's the latter. They may not sell out, due to the current market conditions (the cost of living has skyrocketed, and it's also a lot more expensive to borrow money this year)
Was this in Preston by any chance?My dealer that I picked up from yesterday took delivery of 3. My red one, a white one and a black one. The Black one got delivered but then the person cancelled. The manager said to me he tried to buy it for the dealership but Toyota said no and picked it back up to return to storage.
Choices available were white, grey and red for putting deposit down.
But when the link came through to configure spec fully and get the order processing, all colours were available
(picked black as I’ll be wrapping it and it’s the best interior door colour to have!)
Yeh hence my suspicion they are upping production factory orders and not re-allocating cancelled stock.What the heck? So many of us struggling with limited colour choices, and then they do that!
And cheaper.
What colour are you having it wrapped?
Exactly! Current eyeing up Gloss Mint by Orafol