GR86 GR86 Delivery Tracking and Collection thread

Collected my car today. No 83 on the list Andy. Obligatory photo dump, @BanjoGazooey I was in two minds but the black spoiler looks amazing in person.


960F23CE-73D6-4C67-894E-E41A4735342E.webp


71C1AA91-337C-42EF-AC85-81D9D0F88B8D.webp


All was going swimming until I was about to drive off and noticed a ding in the door 😭😭. They said they’ll fix it next week. Focussing on the positives, it’s finally here that’s all that matters.

5D0C65C8-B125-4BF8-90E7-16B52B6DAA1A.webp


92F24D95-BE7C-40FE-ABF4-8AF90019589D.webp


C3DD896D-DBFC-47E3-B8FE-9AC58E03C45F.webp


AC71AD80-E370-47AD-B39B-609EF82DB10D.webp
 
Collected mine on Saturday, they even got my initials on the plate. I haven’t put many miles on it but the engine is much smoother than the GT86 and the gearbox less notchy. My only complaints are that the steering wheel is a bit thin and I prefer the dashboard/centre console layout on the first gen (but I do really like the new dials despite them being digital).

Insurance was a shock as my no claims are attached to my other two cars so Chris Knott couldn’t get anywhere near matching what I pay for my GT86.
Try Topcashback search for insurance, as with yourself full NCB on other cars, in the end took the Hastings Direct quote of 367. Declared ceramic on body, wheels and calipers, Toyota OEM mudguards (lady agreed not mud flaps) and a little PPF sill protection strip for now, none affected the 367 price.
 
Collected my car today. No 83 on the list Andy. Obligatory photo dump, @BanjoGazooey I was in two minds but the black spoiler looks amazing in person.
Didn't think the black spoiler would work with a blue car, but that doesn't look half bad!
Shame about the door ding, that takes the shine off it. But as long as the paint's not damage should be academic for a PDR to fix.
 
Collected my car today. No 83 on the list Andy. Obligatory photo dump, @BanjoGazooey I was in two minds but the black spoiler looks amazing in person.


View attachment 14196

View attachment 14200

All was going swimming until I was about to drive off and noticed a ding in the door 😭😭. They said they’ll fix it next week. Focussing on the positives, it’s finally here that’s all that matters.

View attachment 14201
Congrats, looks great with the black spoiler. Was half thinking of that on my Red one when it arrives, that might have just swung it!! Would be good to see a few more piccies when all the film is off.
 
Collected at 12pm and in love. Love the silver, looks even better in the flesh. Dealer fitted the sensors, spoiler and mudguards and really happy with the job they did.

No freebies but came with half a tank of fuel.
Looking good, top plate as well. Enjoy your car
 
The black spoilers look good on all colours and I also toyed with this. But more than happy with the silver.

Now… do I wrap the roof black?
 
Didn't think the black spoiler would work with a blue car, but that doesn't look half bad!
Shame about the door ding, that takes the shine off it. But as long as the paint's not damage should be academic for a PDR to fix.
I’m hoping so, they were pretty confident in being able to remove it. I asked them not to wash and they washed it anyway, allegedly no contact, but that meant that I was able to spot the ding which I may have missed if it was dirty.
 
Looking good, top plate as well. Enjoy your car

Thank you, shorter plates and surround are on order and should help finish it off.

Loving it already, as is my 5 year old boy. Had to drive him to his friends house to show him. He is car mad already, although I have owned 9 cars and 4 bikes since he was born so I can understand his obsession ha ha
 
Congrats, looks great with the black spoiler. Was half thinking of that on my Red one when it arrives, that might have just swung it!! Would be good to see a few more piccies when all the film is off.
The thing the put me off in photos was that I thought it looked a bit fat when looking down, but in person it looks much better than in photos.

Just dropped it off for PPF will take plenty of photos when I collect.
 
It's pleasing to see so many cars being delivered over the last couple of days - I hope everyone's collections and first few days go well (barring the odd door dink...)
 
Well guys, picked up my 86 today and I can honestly say I'm so happy with it. The hand over a Vantage Toyota Wakefield was spot on too!

They gave me a quote for the spoiler+ fitting of £474.05 inc VAT. Which I thought was reasonable!

Looking forward to meeting some of you guys in the future, I'll be at the Motorist semi frequently from now on so catch you guys around! (I'll still be lurking on here too)

IMG-20230303-WA0019.webp


IMG-20230303-WA0017.webp
 
Well guys, picked up my 86 today and I can honestly say I'm so happy with it. The hand over a Vantage Toyota Wakefield was spot on too!

They gave me a quote for the spoiler+ fitting of £474.05 inc VAT. Which I thought was reasonable!

Looking forward to meeting some of you guys in the future, I'll be at the Motorist semi frequently from now on so catch you guys around! (I'll still be lurking on here too)
Seems like a good price for the spoiler! Car looks great, enjoy!
 
The thing the put me off in photos was that I thought it looked a bit fat when looking down, but in person it looks much better than in photos.

Just dropped it off for PPF will take plenty of photos when I collect.

I think the spoilers looks so much better in person. Even when I took pictures of my own car it’s not that obvious but in person it looks much better. Best angle that shows it off is from my CCTV… not that I keep checking it… honest!

AD66249A-FF75-4A7C-BC3B-07C74BB751D3.webp
 
Went by the listers Coventry dealer today for some parts for my MR2 spotted a new silver GR86 ready for collection and a red one already registered. Hope they're being thoroughly enjoyed 😄 Was told the same "might be another 1000 in the summer" as others have reported so maybe there's hope yet for the rest of us!

PXL_20230303_171551589.webp
 
Now I've had mine out in the daylight, I'm sharing a couple of obligatory pics. As requested, RRG removed the wraps but didn't wash it. My detailer asked me to leave it untouched - I can rinse and snow foam it, but just not have any mitt/brush/sponge contact for four weeks until it's in for ceramic coating.

PXL_20230302_100051802.PORTRAIT~2.webp


PXL_20230301_221126785.webp


PXL_20230303_195324017~2.webp


PXL_20230302_100037153.PORTRAIT.webp
 
Went by the listers Coventry dealer today for some parts for my MR2 spotted a new silver GR86 ready for collection and a red one already registered. Hope they're being thoroughly enjoyed 😄 Was told the same "might be another 1000 in the summer" as others have reported so maybe there's hope yet for the rest of us!

I asked my dealer if there was any news on another batch and he said they have not been told anything so my guess was as good as his.
 
I asked online team for the latest on my 10.54 order and was told "sometime in June, plus or minus" ... a few months back, they'd said "second half of year"
 
I asked online team for the latest on my 10.54 order and was told "sometime in June, plus or minus" ... a few months back, they'd said "second half of year"

It’s very easy for me to say given I picked mine up today but stay strong. I cannot describe how amazing the car is. I can’t wait to get out in it again, not felt like that for a long time.

It was hard seeing everyone getting theirs before me but it’s worth the wait. Hopefully your delivery date will be brought forward, mine was.
 
Back
Top