GR86 GR86 Delivery Tracking and Collection thread

App/website still says Derbyshire but Online Retail confident it'll be at the dealer next week. Dealer already harassed to do a quick turnover if that happens but I'm not getting my hopes up again!
 
Defrosted and now at home.

F3AF0459-F8C4-4919-8C2C-F223B199D40C.webp
 
it's a good question as mine is being sent to the bodyshop for the ducktail so would prefer if all the protection was still on if at all possible.

Not sure what they are going to do with the plates.. maybe just stick in the window for the 5 miles or so in total
 
Picked up this afternoon -as I didnt bother with a test drive: first impressions much less 'Japanese Plastic' interior, the Ice Silver is much better than just a standard silver and its going to be fun when the weather warms up. Fingers crossed for the rest of you waiting.
 
Picked up this afternoon -as I didnt bother with a test drive: first impressions much less 'Japanese Plastic' interior, the Ice Silver is much better than just a standard silver and its going to be fun when the weather warms up. Fingers crossed for the rest of you waiting.

Can I ask when you ordered, just seeing which minute past 10 we are upto 😂. Or are you a rogue?
 
Well... Everything was running far too smoothly.
My car was supposed to be with the dealer on the 8th so it was organised with the PPF installers to be collected as soon as possible. Obviously the 8th didn't happen, so now my car is at the dealership and they're putting the pressure on to get it delivered (mostly registered) before Christamas but the PPF place are now stacked until the 9th of Jan. Not ideal as they've had space for most of this week to get it done like originally planned.

I don't have a car at the minute and it's almost impossible to get a train these days so it looks like I might not get to see my family over Christmas and I'm supposed to be heading down to London at the start of Jan (driving again because of further train strikes) so I need to figure that out too. Thanks to Toyota's complete incompetence of delivering cars, or even letting us know what is happening more than a day in advance, I'm now suffering.
I looked in to renting a car for the next 2-3 weeks but to cover the times when I need a car, the price was almost £500 so that can get in the bin!

I contemplated taking delivery of the car and just squeezing in to the PPF place when I could but I'll need to cover 700-1000 miles in the meantime and if I pick up stone chips (I drive carefully but Murphy's Law follows me around!) then it's pointless to get PPF done and I've already put down a £1000 deposit with them.

Deflated doesn't even begin to cover how I'm feeling.
 
Well... Everything was running far too smoothly.
My car was supposed to be with the dealer on the 8th so it was organised with the PPF installers to be collected as soon as possible. Obviously the 8th didn't happen, so now my car is at the dealership and they're putting the pressure on to get it delivered (mostly registered) before Christamas but the PPF place are now stacked until the 9th of Jan. Not ideal as they've had space for most of this week to get it done like originally planned.

I don't have a car at the minute and it's almost impossible to get a train these days so it looks like I might not get to see my family over Christmas and I'm supposed to be heading down to London at the start of Jan (driving again because of further train strikes) so I need to figure that out too. Thanks to Toyota's complete incompetence of delivering cars, or even letting us know what is happening more than a day in advance, I'm now suffering.
I looked in to renting a car for the next 2-3 weeks but to cover the times when I need a car, the price was almost £500 so that can get in the bin!

I contemplated taking delivery of the car and just squeezing in to the PPF place when I could but I'll need to cover 700-1000 miles in the meantime and if I pick up stone chips (I drive carefully but Murphy's Law follows me around!) then it's pointless to get PPF done and I've already put down a £1000 deposit with them.

Deflated doesn't even begin to cover how I'm feeling.

I know how you feel in some ways - my PPF place had me on a flexible date so whenever it arrived they'd do it. but then Christmas happened and they're rammed with work and then close for a week. Can't expect them to not do as much work as they could by leaving capacity for my car that's been perpetually late.

That's why I decided to have the handover and leave the car at the dealers for now as it's getting collected with a covered trailer and off to the PPF place this Monday. They probably won't have time to start it before christmas, but at least they'll have it to start as soon as they get back.

I did think I might just have it over christmas and be careful but what with my luck this year the front would get peppered in stone chips especially with the state of the roads just now and the fact that between home and work I have to pass at least 2 quarrys.

I wish I could suggest a way out of it for you but there's no simple or cheap solution. Cheapest I've found was £392 for 2 weeks from Bradford for a hire car via Kayak.
 
Was due to collect today at 13:15.

12:15 dealer calls to say they've not had the "release code" from Toyoto Buy Online. I call TBO who confirm it was sent and they'll call dealer. Dealer calls me back "all sorted" and everything on track for 13:15.

13:15 standing in the showroom ... only to be told issue with the car, some warning light. Dealer drops me home.

Now awaiting update from TBO and dealer.

PS Also I notice my new vehicle has vanished from the App and My Toyota site. I wonder if they deleted something as part of the dealer PDI ...this is their first one.
 
Last edited:
Was due to collect today at 13:15.

12:15 dealer calls to say they've not had the "release code" from Toyoto Buy Online. I call TBO who confirm it was sent and they'll call dealer. Dealer calls me back "all sorted" and everything on track for 13:15.

13:15 standing in the showroom ... only to be told issue with the car, some warning light. Dealer drops me home.

Now awaiting update from TBO and dealer.

PS Also I notice my new vehicle has vanished from the App and My Toyota site. I wonder if they deleted something as part of the dealer PDI ...this is their first one.
Hope it wasn’t the TPMS which has been shown to be down to the cold weather… hope it gets sorted for you soon.
 
Hope it wasn’t the TPMS which has been shown to be down to the cold weather… hope it gets sorted for you soon.
By all accounts, it is the TPMS. What is the "fix" ... inflate to correct pressures, or inflate higher then drop 'em back to correct?

My wife's car had same yesterday. So cold that pressure were below correct by whatever margin is permited. Simply topped up the air and all was good.
 
Back
Top