Chrisshortys
Dedicated member
That looks like a Bracknell background to me!
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
That looks like a Bracknell background to me!
The colour I chose is fine. The colour I chose is fine. THE COLOUR I CHOSE IS FINE. God these look good in redOh hello!
Arrived Tuesday afternoon - 10.04 order.
View attachment 10845
View attachment 10846
View attachment 10847
Hi Will. Yes I get the plates , I'm specifically relating to the year. i.e 2022 car v 2023 car.Have you actually paid for the car?
The registration between Dec and Jan won't make any difference, remember number plates are assigned between March (23) and September (73).
Unless ofcourse you specifically want it registered in January, but even then it'll still be a 72 plate.
Hi Will. Yes I get the plates , I'm specifically relating to the year. i.e 2022 car v 2023 car.
Sorry was just looking for answer to my question. Not your opinion as to what I may or may not loose out on. If you dont get difference between 2022 and 2023 please dont worry. I dont mean to be contentious, was just trying to get understanding on registration. ThanksWhat do you think your losing out on? The car is a MY22 car, it'll be a 72 plate when registered either way.
If you've paid I'd want it registered, so you know its ready to go, when you are.
It'd be different if it was the choice between having it on the 3rd week of February vs waiting an extra week till March and getting a 23 plate.
Sorry was just looking for answer to my question. Not your opinion as to what I may or may not loose out on. If you dont get difference between 2022 and 2023 please dont worry. I dont mean to be contentious, was just trying to get understanding on registration. Thanks
Great thanksGoing by Conscript's posts a couple of days ago I don't think the car is actually registered to you until your collection day?
Hi I have opted to defer to January for the 2023 registration check with my nephew who works at main dealer and yes second hand pricing is work out on the actual year and registration. Plate. Think of this way if you want to sell your car next year and a buyer looks at adverts and yours is 22 and another is 23 if the price was identical you would always go 23.What do you think your losing out on? The car is a MY22 car, it'll be a 72 plate when registered either way.
If you've paid I'd want it registered, so you know its ready to go, when you are.
It'd be different if it was the choice between having it on the 3rd week of February vs waiting an extra week till March and getting a 23 plate.
That doesn't really apply to limited run cars, does it? In fact having one of the first batch cars might make it more desirable in a prospective collector's eyes.Hi I have opted to defer to January for the 2023 registration check with my nephew who works at main dealer and yes second hand pricing is work out on the actual year and registration. Plate. Think of this way if you want to sell your car next year and a buyer looks at adverts and yours is 22 and another is 23 if the price was identical you would always go 23.
Hi sgh I fully paid and arranged for 2023 registration car is due at dealer end of next week. I arranged the 23 registration via Toyota online including my my dealer in the emails. They were very helpful and it was no problem Hand over for me will now be 06/01. Hope this helps clear it upHi, I'm a 10.14 order and whilst my dealer is trying to assist, they are readily giving me promise date after promise date, all of which have failed. They seem a little oblivious to all the issues with Toyota online and getting cars out to dealers. However, I am hoping someone maybe able to clear up some confusion I have in relation to registration of the car. If the car handover cant take place by close of business 12th December I will be away on business for a couple of weeks,,, so in this case would be sensible to delay handover until 3rd Jan. BUT I fear if I have paid and car registration is issued, will it mean my car will be registered as a 2022 car ? clearly if I am potentially not collecting until 2023 I would want it registered as a 2023 car. Hope this makes sense, and hope someone can give some clarity, Thanks.
Perfect thanksHi sgh I fully paid and arranged for 2023 registration car is due at dealer end of next week. I arranged the 23 registration via Toyota online including my my dealer in the emails. They were very helpful and it was no problem Hand over for me will now be 06/01. Hope this helps clear it up
Do you mind me asking how much they’re charging for mudflaps?Quick update on my car if anyone cares. I made the final payment yesterday and coincidentally the app updated to "Arrived at the Retailer" within an hour. Not that I trusted it much.
So I spoke to Toyota Online earlier today who confirmed they've received the payment and advised that they are waiting to agree a handover date with my nominated dealer. They also explained that the car registration process is done by another team within Toyota and Toyota Online requested it earlier today, but it may or may not happen this week (they work Mon - Fri too). However the handover itself can happen on any day agreed by the dealer, but not before the car is registered.
I called the dealer shortly after to confirm the car is actually there (it is!). Handover will not happen until next Thursday as their "GR specialist" isn't available until next week to do the PDI. At least the registration should be done before I turn up to collect lol (sorry @Conscript!).
Mud flaps have also been ordered and should get there and be installed before collection. I didn't bother with the duckbill spoiler due to the unreasonable cost and I'm still not sold on it making much visual difference. Number plates to be stuck on with adhesive tape by the dealer, but I've changed my mind and asked for the car to be washed (lightly!) or at least have the stickers removed and car rinsed before collection so I can expect the paint.
Funnily enough, Essex is expecting its first snow this time next week, so I'm definitely looking forward to my drive home!![]()
£170 fitted, £116 if you want to fit them yourself.Do you mind me asking how much they’re charging for mudflaps?
Hi well you could well be correct but don’t try testing your theory by puttting two cars through motorway or WBAC. Don’t get me wrong if I could have had my car on the road this week I would have gone with that but it was 17/19 at dealers delivery 22/23 if all went to plan and as I won’t be driving over Christmas it works for me. Of course this is Toyota online so it my be more like February I get handoverThat doesn't really apply to limited run cars, does it? In fact having one of the first batch cars might make it more desirable in a prospective collector's eyes.
Nobody's gonna buy a second hand GR86 based on the production year, lets be honest.
That's absolutely fair and it makes sense. I would be asking to collect in January too if there was no guarantee the car was here before Christmas and I didn't have the last week of December off.Hi well you could well be correct but don’t try testing your theory by puttting two cars through motorway or WBAC. Don’t get me wrong if I could have had my car on the road this week I would have gone with that but it was 17/19 at dealers delivery 22/23 if all went to plan and as I won’t be driving over Christmas it works for me. Of course this is Toyota online so it my be more like February I get handover![]()