GR86 GR86 Delivery Tracking and Collection thread

In logistics if it’s not time critical (sorry but these won’t be to The logistics planners) it’s mainly about full loads and most efficient utilisation of assets, if transport is in short supply I’m afraid the agony could be prolonged further ☹️
 
DPD (not the best courier mind you) can manage where every little parcel of theirs
DPD are pretty similar to TOR really. They told me my next day delivery would be here two weeks ago. It didn't turn up. They didn't tell me why and they can't tell me when it will arrive. All I know is it's sat in their depot. Just like my car.

I get the point about transporters but if there are 10 orders across, say, Macclesfield, Warrington, Manchester, Wigan, Liverpool and Preston why can't there be one GR86 transporter rather than waiting weeks until one garage is getting another 9 cars?
 
In logistics if it’s not time critical (sorry but these won’t be to The logistics planners) it’s mainly about full loads and most efficient utilisation of assets, if transport is in short supply I’m afraid the agony could be prolonged further ☹️
You'd think main priority would be getting payment on the books before year end. Know a bit about how planning works and it doesn't seem Toyota do much. It's not a big number of cars.
 
DPD are pretty similar to TOR really. They told me my next day delivery would be here two weeks ago. It didn't turn up. They didn't tell me why and they can't tell me when it will arrive. All I know is it's sat in their depot. Just like my car.

I get the point about transporters but if there are 10 orders across, say, Macclesfield, Warrington, Manchester, Wigan, Liverpool and Preston why can't there be one GR86 transporter rather than waiting weeks until one garage is getting another 9 cars?
No defence of any of this process.

I’m far from this Toyota experiences biggest fan.

But could you imagine if an accident happened with 10 86s on and the turmoil that would cause. As opposed to 1x 86 a couple of washing machines and a few toasters…
 
So popped down to my dealer just now and….. its real!

The car did indeed arrive this morning!

It was the first the dealer knew about it too.

My first interaction with them and they were really helpful, even suggested they could have the car ready by 4pm tomorrow but its on the Online team to get all the admin done.

They said they would chase Online for me to see if they can make it happen, but fully expecting it won’t be ready by then. We’ll see…..
 
So popped down to my dealer just now and….. its real!

The car did indeed arrive this morning!

It was the first the dealer knew about it too.

My first interaction with them and they were really helpful, even suggested they could have the car ready by 4pm tomorrow but its on the Online team to get all the admin done.

They said they would chase Online for me to see if they can make it happen, but fully expecting it won’t be ready by then. We’ll see…..
Fingers crossed for you! I’m going to be ringing the online team after lunch as I was told second/third week and heard nothing. So would like an update of some sort.
 
Online say mine could get to dealer next week. I have a friend who had a leased Tesla delivered yesterday he’s been waiting a fair while. Driver said there are acres of new cars various makes awaiting delivery now that production is catching up after parts shortage but now a big shortage of drivers and transport
 
It's the six month anniversary of my car arriving in the UK next week, should I send a card to Burnaston?

Sod all from TOR/MyT/dealer again today. Might change my nominated dealer to one in Surrey seeing as transporters don't seem to venture north much.
 
Please be careful of the white car parked next to yours :)
I was very careful!!! ...yours is on the right! :D


PXL_20221208_153647461.jpg


ETA... If they've been here all summer then they will be DIRTY

PXL_20221208_153449907.jpg


PXL_20221208_153819662~2.jpg


...last summer's bird shit, fortunately on the delivery wrap

PXL_20221208_153511437.webp
 
Last edited:
Online gave no ETA still. Feeling properly deflated now. Can't plan anything up to Christmas.

You never know, it might suddenly turn up unannounced like mine has tomorrow.

They had no idea on Monday and suddenly its turned up at the dealer today.


I had a sudden flurry of activity today with Toyota Online sending me finance documents to sign and asking me to pay the deposit. All done on my end.

Anyone else who has been through this know if there is any chance my car might be ready to collect tomorrow? Dealer thinks they can do it, but not sure how much more there is for Toyota Online still to do at this point?
 
Online gave no ETA still. Feeling properly deflated now. Can't plan anything up to Christmas.
I’m gonna have to assume that ours will be on the same transporter. Called Toyota Online, said mine was meant to be this week or next, got told it will be “in the coming weeks” and to keep an eye on the tracker in the app.

Just a waiting game now, cautiously hoping for early Jan really.
 
You never know, it might suddenly turn up unannounced like mine has tomorrow.

They had no idea on Monday and suddenly its turned up at the dealer today.


I had a sudden flurry of activity today with Toyota Online sending me finance documents to sign and asking me to pay the deposit. All done on my end.

Anyone else who has been through this know if there is any chance my car might be ready to collect tomorrow? Dealer thinks they can do it, but not sure how much more there is for Toyota Online still to do at this point?
Mine arrived Tuesday and won't be ready until next week..
 
Hi, I'm a 10.14 order and whilst my dealer is trying to assist, they are readily giving me promise date after promise date, all of which have failed. They seem a little oblivious to all the issues with Toyota online and getting cars out to dealers. However, I am hoping someone maybe able to clear up some confusion I have in relation to registration of the car. If the car handover cant take place by close of business 12th December I will be away on business for a couple of weeks,,, so in this case would be sensible to delay handover until 3rd Jan. BUT I fear if I have paid and car registration is issued, will it mean my car will be registered as a 2022 car ? clearly if I am potentially not collecting until 2023 I would want it registered as a 2023 car. Hope this makes sense, and hope someone can give some clarity, Thanks.
 
Hi, I'm a 10.14 order and whilst my dealer is trying to assist, they are readily giving me promise date after promise date, all of which have failed. They seem a little oblivious to all the issues with Toyota online and getting cars out to dealers. However, I am hoping someone maybe able to clear up some confusion I have in relation to registration of the car. If the car handover cant take place by close of business 12th December I will be away on business for a couple of weeks,,, so in this case would be sensible to delay handover until 3rd Jan. BUT I fear if I have paid and car registration is issued, will it mean my car will be registered as a 2022 car ? clearly if I am potentially not collecting until 2023 I would want it registered as a 2023 car. Hope this makes sense, and hope someone can give some clarity, Thanks.

Have you actually paid for the car?

The registration between Dec and Jan won't make any difference, remember number plates are assigned between March (23) and September (73).
Unless ofcourse you specifically want it registered in January, but even then it'll still be a 72 plate.
 
Back
Top