GR86 GR86 Delivery Tracking and Collection thread

Also just got off the phone with them, car was due to be delivered on the 2nd now it’s looking unlikely it’s going to be this week at all.

Seems to be the fault of the team who are doing the updates and PDI’s at Derby. I’m furious but no point taking it out on the Buy Online team as they aren’t physically doing it themselves. Fingers crossed it is by the end of this week, whilst I’m happy to see people’s cars arriving it doesn’t make it any easier to see the updates!
So mine was due at dealers last week, so I paid, it didn't arrive, spoke to TGB online today, they advised its been fully pdi'd but is in Derby pending dealer transport..... really can't make this stuff up.

I thought the dealerships were doing the PDI, not Toyota? Atleast that was the case with my brothers car.
Something funny is definitely going on.
 
Still not had part ex valuation or any invoice to complete but someone said that's not until it arrives there which is fine. No reg yet and a dealer who still insists they don't see things their end.

I'm trying hard to stay positive and calm as none of this I can control. Once this is over I hope they look into how this went.
Think they need a 'Lessons Learnt' session . . .
 
I thought the dealerships were doing the PDI, not Toyota? Atleast that was the case with my brothers car.
Something funny is definitely going on.
It's a 2-stage approach apparently, most of the PDI is done in Derby then the final bits are by the dealer (transport film, tyre pressures etc)
 
Collected this afternoon! All is forgiven haha
A491C20A-43D0-4FEC-860F-D5A03BBB23F9.webp

Went with the 10 year service plan.
Received a really cool mug from Listers Coventry with a red GR86 on too :giggle: (y)

23B1D0B9-3DA2-4448-9961-F72C49164947.webp
 
Collected this afternoon! All is forgiven haha
View attachment 10708
Went with the 10 year service plan.
Received a really cool mug from Listers Coventry with a red GR86 on too :giggle: (y)
Looks like you got the first of the 4 (I think that's what they said to me) cars they're expecting. Weird how they're not just delivering them to the dealer at the same time, as I think all of the cars they are expecting are sat in Derby now, and have been for a while. If you don't mind me asking, what are they asking for the 10 year plan?
 
If you don't mind me asking, what are they asking for the 10 year plan?
It’s the full price of the individual services to get the 10 year warranty, so alternating £300 intermediate and £450 full, turned into a monthly direct debit. The main benefit is its inflation proof if when prices go up in future.

You can pick any number of years up to 10 I think, end it at any time, or if you sell the car (rather than transfer) and get a refund of the year to date. Or pay as you go instead.
 
Last edited:
It’s the full price of the individual services to get the 10 year warranty, so alternating £300 intermediate and £450 full, turned into a monthly direct debit. The main benefit is its inflation proof if when prices go up in future.
What would happen if you decided to sell the car within 10 years or it's reached its unfortunate demise early? I would be tempted to pay for a 3-5 year service plan in advance if I gel with the car but 10 years is a long time to commit. Unless the plan can be cancelled at any point that is.

I took the money out for December, I do hope I get the car this month. I will be pissed if I miss another £25 win....
£62.50/month in interest on my Marcus easy-access savings account. I may end up charging Toyota's tab every month if they don't deliver this month.
 
Is it a straight £3750/120 months then? £31.25 per month?
If you sell some time in the future new owner decides wether to continue?

You’ve answered it now!
 
Is it a straight £3750/120 months then? £31.25 per month?
If you sell some time in the future new owner decides wether to continue?
Yes, I was told I can end any time, refund of year to date. Since phoned the service plan provider who said it can be transferred to new owner in some circumstances for free, but there is a £30 management charge to end the plan.
 
Last edited:
It’s the full price of the individual services to get the 10 year warranty, so alternating £300 intermediate and £450 full, turned into a monthly direct debit. The main benefit is its inflation proof if when prices go up in future.

You can pick any number of years up to 10 I think, end it at any time, or if you sell the car (rather than transfer) and get a refund of the year to date. Or pay as you go instead.
Thanks for reminding me, I just called up my dealer and they said it’s not on the system yet for the gr86 service plan but it will be like the gr Yaris’ where there is a yearly safety check separately or something? They are going to email me the information. Did they mention anything like that to you?

Congratulations on the car! Looks great in red.
 
Any one fitting a dash cam ? What’s the Toyota one like. The demo I drove had one fitted apparently all their demos have them
 
Its good to see they are continuing with the chaos from start to finish, they managed to get my car to the dealer before valuing my px or asking for payment, which is where I'm stuck now
Lucky you! I was told that my car was one of the first to arrive at Hills along with a black car this week. Fingers crossed still 🤞🏽
 
Back
Top