GR86 GR86 Delivery Tracking and Collection thread

I received the GR86 Order update email today too, and I see that the Morning Courier has made it through the Suez canal and is now in the Mediterranean (y)

I've asked about demo drives, but no reply yet.
 
Email from Toyota today confirming finance, no private reg and no p/ex.

Also, GR86 now on Admiral website. Just insured mine and with a start date of 12th November. Let's see how close to that date delivery actually is.
 
I'm glad things appear to be moving finally but anyone else wondering how TUK are planning to finalise all these orders for a supposed 16th November delivery date including managing all the payments, getting them registered and delivered all around the country etc when it seemed to take them months just to re-enter the online orders in to their build system and give people a welcome call?!

We know of 68 cars sitting in Derby so that's probably closer to 100 in reality ready to go out.

Email from Toyota today confirming finance, no private reg and no p/ex.

Also, GR86 now on Admiral website. Just insured mine and with a start date of 12th November. Let's see how close to that date delivery actually is.

How did you insure it without knowing the reg number?
 
Email from Toyota today confirming finance, no private reg and no p/ex.

Also, GR86 now on Admiral website. Just insured mine and with a start date of 12th November. Let's see how close to that date delivery actually is.
What insurance group rating is the GR86?
 
I'm glad things appear to be moving finally but anyone else wondering how TUK are planning to finalise all these orders for a supposed 16th November delivery date including managing all the payments, getting them registered and delivered all around the country etc when it seemed to take them months just to re-enter the online orders in to their build system and give people a welcome call?!

We know of 68 cars sitting in Derby so that's probably closer to 100 in reality ready to go out.



How did you insure it without knowing the reg number?
You can't. I've done a holding quote for the 17th but when it arrives I phone up, add the reg and pay what's needed
 
I have a multicar policy with Admiral (Alpina, Forester, Vitara). So I added the GR86 too. I used a reg from the press fleet, which it didn't reconcile to a GR86, so then used the drop down to select GR86 etc and left the reg as was. I set the policy inception date for the 12th Nov. Now when I get the correct reg I'll updated it (costs £5) and if I need to slip delivery the start date I just tell 'em. Cost me £220 to add GR86 for the 10 months left on my multipolicy (and that's with no NCB to use on that vehicle).
 
I have a multicar policy with Admiral (Alpina, Forester, Vitara). So I added the GR86 too. I used a reg from the press fleet, which it didn't reconcile to a GR86, so then used the drop down to select GR86 etc and left the reg as was. I set the policy inception date for the 12th Nov. Now when I get the correct reg I'll updated it (costs £5) and if I need to slip delivery the start date I just tell 'em. Cost me £220 to add GR86 for the 10 months left on my multipolicy (and that's with no NCB to use on that vehicle).
From previous experience with admiral they will usually replicate your NCB to the vehicle you add to the policy when you take out multicar. I gained 4 years NCB instantly when doing that on our 2nd car.
 
I've had an unexpected call from Toyota Online this morning. It was just to confirm the details in the last email they sent me on 13/06 are still correct (cash purchase, no p/x, private plate) and my nominated dealer. They also confirmed my PDI instructions have been passed on to the dealer, e.g. no wash, dealer stickers and plates to be stuck on rather than bolted on.

No confirmation of delivery dates, but we're supposed to hear back soon. Apparently the accessories list should be shared with the sales manager at the dealership, so I'll be in touch with them to see if anything besides the spoiler will be available. Forgot to ask about test drives.
 
Just had the dealer call.

They say end of year at the latest…
£450 fitted for spoiler if I want it.

Got an Admiral quote (added to my multicar account) of approx £400.
But I’m low risk. I’m 52, full NCB, 5k miles/year, no claims/convictions. Wife as extra driver.

I bet once other insurers get GR86 added to their system better quotes will be found.

My modified R35 GT-R with Admiral on 3k miles/year is £250!
 
I have a multicar policy with Admiral (Alpina, Forester, Vitara). So I added the GR86 too. I used a reg from the press fleet, which it didn't reconcile to a GR86, so then used the drop down to select GR86 etc and left the reg as was. I set the policy inception date for the 12th Nov. Now when I get the correct reg I'll updated it (costs £5) and if I need to slip delivery the start date I just tell 'em. Cost me £220 to add GR86 for the 10 months left on my multipolicy (and that's with no NCB to use on that vehicle).

You do realise it’s fraudulent to do that, the policy could get cancelled making insurance difficult and that if the car you’ve insured were to be involved in an RTA either wasn’t insured and wasn’t insured for a specific risk that a claim would be considered against your policy…..
 
You do realise it’s fraudulent to do that, the policy could get cancelled making insurance difficult and that if the car you’ve insured were to be involved in an RTA either wasn’t insured and wasn’t insured for a specific risk that a claim would be considered against your policy…..
... that is not actually active? Nor will be active nor monies changed hands until the actual registration advised by me to the insures. This is a pending policy.

This is no different to me contacting my insures saying I'm going to buy car AB22XYZ on 12th Nov, having it added to my policy to activate on 12th. In the meantime the current owner is driving around. If they are involved in an RTA before 12th, how does that come back on me whether they have the car insured or not? Then I decide to move the purchase back to say 18th, still no issue provided I move the policy start date accordingly. Then on the 17th I instead decide to buy DE72XYZ on 18th, I simply notify insurers that the reg is different. Where is the fraud?
 
is-it-just-me-or-have-we-gotten-way-off-track-here.webp
 
Back
Top