GR Yaris (Gen 2) GR Yaris generation 2 tuning?

MickeCTR

New member
Joined
Apr 5, 2025
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Hi

Im a newbie with some questions:
Can the generation 2 be tuned by EcuTek or is it too early?

Is the generation 2 in general at this point in april 2025, harder to tune due to less after market parts?

I am interested in buying an automatic, any to know about that compared to buying a manual? I would like to have at least 350 hp in the engine to be happy, I would use the car only on weekends and on both street and trackdays.

Thanks
 
Not yet as far as I know, Litchfield have said they are working on it on one of their Instagram posts, as are the other well known tuners I assume
Do you know if mods to gen 1 like intakte, exhaust and other bolt ons fit gen 2?
 
Exhausts for MK1 definitely do not fit MK2, tailpipes sit wider I think and apparently the cat and gpf are different from the mk1 not sure specifically how, just what I've read,

As for anything else I'm not sure,
 
Do you know if mods to gen 1 like intakte, exhaust and other bolt ons fit gen 2?
I have an eventuri fitted and it fits the same, I also have an inlet manifold which fits mk1/2. Intercoolers and oil coolers fit although some modification was done by Airtec and that will end up being backwards compatible. Suspension is different but Ohlins and KW have released their versions.

As above exhausts are not compatible but more and more versions are appearing.

Litchfield have had EcuTek with them the last week so once that’s complete it will be available from all dealers I imagine.
 
IMG_0703.webp


IMG_0085.webp
 
Back
Top