GR86 GR 86 Orders

Bluemanc100

Totally Hooked
Jul 4, 2023
If that's available on the 3rd October, I might just order one! 😁

I know some of you care a bit much about residuals, but cars are to be enjoyed, and buying one because they hold their value is a bit sad (while I appreciate that everyone's circumstances are different, and high residuals are needed for some). If more people get the chance to join the club, I'm ok with that. And I'm certainly glad if people trying to sell above MSRP lose out.
Me too… I’ll order the blue and cancel the silver

Bluemanc100

Totally Hooked
Jul 4, 2023
If that's available on the 3rd October, I might just order one! 😁

I know some of you care a bit much about residuals, but cars are to be enjoyed, and buying one because they hold their value is a bit sad (while I appreciate that everyone's circumstances are different, and high residuals are needed for some). If more people get the chance to join the club, I'm ok with that. And I'm certainly glad if people trying to sell above MSRP lose out.
Didn’t realise you could check the availability on the “It’s time” email.. I’m back to being chilled again with the Ice Silver though it’s strange that the other colours e.g the pearlescent blue are now showing again

Reactions: Triggaaar

Vimes

Absorbed member
Jul 24, 2023
Essex
I can only assume this is just the last of the unsold 2nd allocation, mostly cancelled orders hence why some colours are now available again after being shown as ‘sold out’ previously. No new cars being allocated to the UK.

I wonder how quickly they’ll sell out. 1st day? Or will dealers be allowed to buy up the left over stock on 17th?

Reactions: Marko

911sse

Totally Hooked
Jun 26, 2023
Fair enough!

Perhaps in the interests of balance and to preserve a non-partisan forum environment, you could permit me the indulgence of telling you about the GR86 'Starmer Edition', which no-one knows the costs of and keeps unexpectedly changing direction?

;)

*takes self off to forum naughty step*
Well recovered! 😁

• Haha
Reactions: Silver Fox

Silver Fox

Totally Hooked
May 7, 2022
Well recovered! 😁
I was going to test the boundaries of our admirably measured and restrained forum administrators by similarly highlighting the new GR86 "Ed Davey" edition, but I realised

absolutely no-one cares!

I've now gently mocked each of the leaders of the main English political parties in the interests of balance (it is party conference season after all), and I promise to stop now

apostle

Fascinated Member
Sep 9, 2023
And it does say to expect delivery within 1 to 6 weeks. So likely already on these shores or enroute.
I’ve got an order placed and active since early September that says “Build in progress” in Japan. Is it unlikely it actually is in production and is actually already on the way?

callahan

Totally Hooked
Apr 6, 2022
Saffron Walden
I’ve got an order placed and active since early September that says “Build in progress” in Japan. Is it unlikely it actually is in production and is actually already on the way?
The app has been quite good at updating the stages for me, but my order was confirmed on the 4th of September and is now on a ship approaching the Suez canal.
Might be worth asking Toyota online for a update?

Bluemanc100

Totally Hooked
Jul 4, 2023
I wanted manual but it’s strange that the auto option seems to have re-appeared

15744A12-451E-46D0-B8FF-01DD7E59D0C8.png

Sonic

Totally Hooked
Jun 23, 2023
Dunfermline
If it’s colour specific my guess would be a cancelled order/reservation making it back in to the pool of remaining cars.
I've just checked using my 'order your GR86' email link: The configurator is showing all colours available for Manual and all colours apart from Magnetite Grey for Automatic. Seems there are some more to be had? 😁

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Totally Hooked
Jul 6, 2023
Brighton
I wanted manual but it’s strange that the auto option seems to have re-appeared

I'm guessing that they've simply fixed their order system, so when someone cancels an order, it's quickly added to the list of cars available, whereas before it only showed a couple of colours being available, despite it being quite clear that there were some cancellations of the other colours.

Reactions: Bluemanc100