GR Yaris GoPro camera mount - 3D print headrest mount

MagnusT

Absorbed member
Joined
Dec 14, 2021
Messages
39
Reaction score
82
Location
Sweden
I got tired of having to remove and put the headrest back each time I had to add/remove the mount (when someone wanted to ride along on track ?) so here's a new version that just slides in diagonally with the headrest in place just pulled up. By pushing down the headrest until it locks it's even held in place better than the previous version.

You find it to download and 3D print here https://www.thingiverse.com/magnust/designs

1634010157967.webp


1634010488504.webp
 
I printed a test one and found it absolutely useless, the mount is fine but the seat back vibrates and flexes massively under any kind of driving conditions youd want to film. Did you guys secure the seat back or anything?
 
I printed a test one and found it absolutely useless, the mount is fine but the seat back vibrates and flexes massively under any kind of driving conditions youd want to film. Did you guys secure the seat back or anything?
Yes. With the Seatbelt. You can see it in the first post how Magnus did it.

Just strap on the seatbelt as hard as you can and than push the seat forward into the seatbelt.

This way the seat doesn‘t vibrate or flex anymore.
 


I hadn't seen the part about using the seatbelt and was happy enough with the result. Camera has optical image stabilisation which helps.

Will try with seatbelt next time and with a shorter arm (was all I had to hand)
 
Ive just bought one of these, the old version i think (the one on the 2nd pic from the top of this thread)....issue is the headrest doesnt lock at all once the mount is fitted....im not sure a trackday organiser would allow it,as the headrest is free to move up and down very easily.....looks like it needs thinning/shaving to make it thinner so the headrest locks...think ive wasted my money..bit poor to be honest.:(...unless im missing something here.
 
Last edited:
I'm guessing you need some form of extension to attach the gopro for this to work?
 
I'm guessing you need some form of extension to attach the gopro for this to work?
Yes... Like 2-3 small go pro extensions joined together.

Had to put my bracket on a lathe to thin it down by about 8mm so the headrest could lock. đŸ˜£
 
Shame, might look at extending the mount further out. Shouldn't add much to the printing cost...
 
PRO Tipps:
1. Take out the headrest and put it in backwards. This way the headrest is not in the way and you need not that much extensions.
2. Secure the seat with the seatbelt.
Thighten the seatbelt as much as possible and than push the seat forwards into the belt.
This way the seat is much stiffer and video quality will be much better.
 
Back
Top