GR86 Exhausts

Yeah the cold start appears very loud and around town low rpm is quite boomy. Did you find it toned down a bit with some coking up?
I think it's maybe lost a tiny bit of higher end rasp, but I can't tell if I'm just getting used to it to be honest 😂
 
From the vids I've seen/heard the Remark is no more obnoxious on cold start than my previous B9 Audi S5 and 840i if you started them up with the flaps open. The note of the boxer engine is far nicer than a regular inline 4 too, but not quite as nice as a V6 or I6.
 
Yeah the cold start appears very loud and around town low rpm is quite boomy. Did you find it toned down a bit with some coking up?
I’ve probably had mine on for more miles than most now, and it’s either got quieter or I’m getting more deaf.

Especially when cruising, I’m finding it too quiet sometimes haha. And I don’t like loud cars at all.

It’s still loud when it’s cold, that’s the only reason I won’t make it louder.
 
I want an exhaust that makes my GR86 sound like this...



From decades of car forums I’ve a buddy that has a T50 in build. He was at the factory last week and got all excited about unboxing the callipers and watching the build process 1st hand.

His will be launch spec, build 55.

I can’t imagine that the T50 will ever drop money, given its build volumes.
 
Has anyone fitted the Remark axle back and thought it too loud/chavvy?

Not at all. For me the sound now matches the look of the car. Plus the larger pipes look awesome.

I drove it on the motorway and cruising along could hardly hear it until I put my foot down. Bargain for the £440 I paid for it.
 
Not at all. For me the sound now matches the look of the car. Plus the larger pipes look awesome.

I drove it on the motorway and cruising along could hardly hear it until I put my foot down. Bargain for the £440 I paid for it.

Not sure my wife is so keen. She is working at home and on a work call. I needed to pop out and my car was on the drive backed right up against her window. Personally I love the cold start but she doesn’t agree ha ha.
 
Keen to see some pictures or videos of the Remark Axleback exhaust on your cars. Would be great to get a comparison of stock vs Remark too if possible. It's likely going to be my next GR86 purchase later this month.

For anyone that's interested in one, Funky Power are very accommodating and happy to offer a forum discount of 10% if you message/email them. The delivery is an additional £9.50 and the lead time is around 2 weeks.
 
Keen to see some pictures or videos of the Remark Axleback exhaust on your cars. Would be great to get a comparison of stock vs Remark too if possible. It's likely going to be my next GR86 purchase later this month.

For anyone that's interested in one, Funky Power are very accommodating and happy to offer a forum discount of 10% if you message/email them. The delivery is an additional £9.50 and the lead time is around 2 weeks.
Might not be able to record the exhausts with the engines under load but Japfest might be a good opportunity to capture some stock Vs remark side by sides.
 
Keen to see some pictures or videos of the Remark Axleback exhaust on your cars. Would be great to get a comparison of stock vs Remark too if possible. It's likely going to be my next GR86 purchase later this month.

For anyone that's interested in one, Funky Power are very accommodating and happy to offer a forum discount of 10% if you message/email them. The delivery is an additional £9.50 and the lead time is around 2 weeks.

Here is my photo comparison. Looks so much better. Sounds great too.

A4382C9F-B19A-46D9-B014-E4152BEC719B.webp
 
Good timing - just been notified that it's shipped and is on the way :)

Unfortunately, I still don't have my ca back though. So for now I will just have to look at it in the box. Maybe blow down it like a trumpet like they do on MightyCarMods.
 
Good timing - just been notified that it's shipped and is on the way :)

Unfortunately, I still don't have my ca back though. So for now I will just have to look at it in the box. Maybe blow down it like a trumpet like they do on MightyCarMods.

i’m the same, as in no car and a nice box with a twin skin REMARK axel back sitting in the utility room… One day 🤣
 
Good timing - just been notified that it's shipped and is on the way :)

Unfortunately, I still don't have my ca back though. So for now I will just have to look at it in the box. Maybe blow down it like a trumpet like they do on MightyCarMods.

Lol, guessing we both got a HKS from Fensport then... Ive got tracking data now
 
Spec L 004 fitted

Boomy at 3000-4000rpm. Can barely hear anything above or below that, may as well be on the standard exhaust

Top end pull seems to have increased a little maybe the cars just having a good day.

Was holding off on an induction kit as I expected this to make more noise but I'll definitely get one now as its so quiet...

I'll upload the video later

20230429_132347.webp
 
Back
Top