GR86 Exhausts

I've gone for the 4.5".

The difference is the style & length of the tip (with the boso being more reminiscent of the Japanese crazy bosozoku style).

Same here, 4.5”. Can’t wait to hear how it sound in person. I don’t mind if it’s a bit loud, it’s my weekend toy and not a daily driver.
 
I've gone Remark too which could also be this week. Finding time to fit will be my issue. I'm also due to drive to Scotland and back mid May so I'll know 100% if the drone is acceptable or not. From what I've seen and heard and don't foresee it being an issue and there are fixes for that. An added benefit is the weight saving
 
Happy to wait and see what the drone is like like if anyone can give some good feedback..
 
Ah me too! So excited 😆

Hiring a garage space for half a day with a ramp and all tools for £80. Sharing with my cousin who is a mechanic as he has work to do on his car too. In other words he is fitting for me ha ha.

He used to work in a local garage and would always squeeze me in at weekends but now works for a fleet and can’t take in private cars.
 
Hiring a garage space for half a day with a ramp and all tools for £80. Sharing with my cousin who is a mechanic as he has work to do on his car too. In other words he is fitting for me ha ha.

He used to work in a local garage and would always squeeze me in at weekends but now works for a fleet and can’t take in private cars.
Is this somewhere local? When I get my exhaust, I could technically do it at home but I think a ramp would make it so much easier. But I can't seem to find many places nearby where you can just hire a ramp to do your own work.
 
Is this somewhere local? When I get my exhaust, I could technically do it at home but I think a ramp would make it so much easier. But I can't seem to find many places nearby where you can just hire a ramp to do your own work.

Yes at Gravesend. My cousin used them a few times and was really impressed.

I think you can hire by the hour too:

 
Nice, thanks. I might look into that when my exhaust arrived. Probably wont be for at least a month or so yet though.
 
It can be done on jack stands, I've done it before - but it's a pain, and I have to do it on the road.
I think £80 for a couple of hours of ramp hire not too far away might be money well spent. Especially as I can combine it with a couple of other jobs like changing the gearbox oil and giving the subframe a coat of ACF-50.
 
Looking forward to all if you getting a new exhaust installed, as it's definitely high up on my list of mods to get this year.

The axleback Remark option looks particularly appealing due to its relatively low cost, but I need to more feedback from users to eliminate any noise and drone related concerns.
 
I did mine on jack stands, if you have a high lift trolley jack's and decent stands you can get to it all.

May be a struggle with a cheapo trolley jack.
 
It’s arrived! But wont be fitted for a while, my weekends are pretty much booked up until after Easter now 🙈

FB29200D-AF0A-4732-A17D-992A5CCA13D9.webp


23E9CA9F-08FF-4534-95F0-B69B3EA74E19.webp
 
Any chance of some interior recordings, chaps?
I still think it would have been too loud for me without a backbox, but in willing to be proved wrong.
 
Any chance of some interior recordings, chaps?
I still think it would have been too loud for me without a backbox, but in willing to be proved wrong.
Absolutely, I'll be filming all the angles!

The cold start is without a doubt very loud but that is my only complaint. I think any exhaust on this car that decently increases volume makes for a loud cold start unfortunately.
 
Back
Top