GR86 Bodyshop Costs - TRD Kit

BenjiSayers

Absorbed member
Joined
Jun 26, 2023
Messages
47
Reaction score
57
Location
Durham
Hello all,

I'm hoping to pick up the TRD kit in the next couple of months, I have absolutely no experience in getting anything painted or fitted so was wondered if you lot would be able to give me a ballpark guess as to what you'd expect to pay to get the side skirts plus front and rear lip parts sprayed (maybe fitted as well). Would help so I know if I'm being mugged off when I start going to get quotes.

It'll be getting sprayed Silver.

Also if anyone in the North East has anywhere they could recommend that would be great.

Thanks in advance.
Ben
 
I won't be of much help as I only had the front lip resprayed. Purchased it in Red from Toyota dealer and had it resprayed Electric Blue.

If possible i'd recommend getting it un-painted to begin with. Never really had a positive experience with any bodyshop i've tried but i understand factory finish is hard to replicate, especially for picky folk like myself!

Look forward to seeing yours, silver was a close second for me.
 
Slightly off topic but are you getting an exhaust fitted as well?

To me it looks like something is missing with the stock exhaust rather than the quad TRD exhaust, to each their own though :)

1712587182859.webp
 
Bodywork is a minefield. I would say though that generally you’re likely to get better quality results on workmanship if you avoid dealership associated, high churn, insurance repair type businesses. If you can find a reputable classic restoration business it’s normally a safer bet!
 
Thanks for the feedback so far.

The plan was to get the unpainted kit from the start so it's easy for whoever to prep and spray. Is the best way of finding somewhere to just ask people in the area? Sounds like an obvious/stupid thing to say but you never know. Everything I've had in the past I've just been able to get pre-painted in the correct colour so never had to worry about it. It makes me kind of wish I got the Red for the ease but I like the understated look of Silver.

For the exhaust I was looking at the Kakimoto Class KR: https://www.blackhawkjapan.com/products/kakimoto-racing-t713182

Or maybe the Trust Greddy Ver3 Quad exhaust: https://www.rhdjapan.com/trust-gred...s-exhaust-muffler-ver-3-brz-zd8-gr86-zn8.html

But at first I'd be rocking the stock exhaust for a little bit. That image you've posted Rage looks weird like there is maybe some excess bumper left as I can't see how'd you fit the second tip into the slot.
 
Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback so far.

The plan was to get the unpainted kit from the start so it's easy for whoever to prep and spray. Is the best way of finding somewhere to just ask people in the area? Sounds like an obvious/stupid thing to say but you never know. Everything I've had in the past I've just been able to get pre-painted in the correct colour so never had to worry about it. It makes me kind of wish I got the Red for the ease but I like the understated look of Silver.

For the exhaust I was looking at the Kakimoto Class KR: https://www.blackhawkjapan.com/products/kakimoto-racing-t713182

Or maybe the Trust Greddy Ver3 Quad exhaust: https://www.rhdjapan.com/trust-gred...s-exhaust-muffler-ver-3-brz-zd8-gr86-zn8.html

But at first I'd be rocking the stock exhaust for a little bit. That image you've posted Rage looks weird like there is maybe some excess bumper left as I can't see how'd you fit the second tip into the slot.
Nice like the exhaust options!

I believe it looks strange as the standard dual exhaust tips have a larger diameter than the quad ones.
 
Slightly off topic but are you getting an exhaust fitted as well?

To me it looks like something is missing with the stock exhaust rather than the quad TRD exhaust, to each their own though :)

View attachment 26753
That’s odd, I saw someone from down under post this on one of the Facebook groups, I asked how was it without gap and he said that they have an option for stock exhaust.
Maybe it’s just a different part number?

Where are you ordering from OP?
 
That’s odd, I saw someone from down under post this on one of the Facebook groups, I asked how was it without gap and he said that they have an option for stock exhaust.
Maybe it’s just a different part number?

Where are you ordering from OP?

It's funny you post that picture, I saw that at the weekend as well and it took me a second to realise what was going on. Looks like they've modified the lip and/or simply not cut the original bumper as required. Probably to accommodate that they'll never want a quad exhaust

I was simply going to order the unpainted kit from Fensport. Probably need to get the exuast of RHDJapan or something.
 
Back
Top