Almost a GR86 owner

GRistopher

Totally Hooked
Joined
Oct 23, 2023
Messages
744
Reaction score
1,158
HI.

I'm currently waiting for my GR86. It's at the dealership pending the final registration etc. My current car is being collected tomorrow. I'll be sad to see her go but the excitement for the GR outweighs that.

Here, she is. still in her night-gown. fun fact, I haven't even driven one yet!


20231023_144042.webp
 
Mine's due at the dealership next week and I'm struggling to concentrate on anything other than GR stuff, you must be desperate to drive it!
 
I struggled to get a test drive so my GR86 was the first one I drove. It's a great car you won't be disappointed
 
Mine's due at the dealership next week and I'm struggling to concentrate on anything other than GR stuff, you must be desperate to drive it!
Wow. it looks like mine has arrived much sooner than most people. I only registered my interest with Toyota online at the start of September. Maybe I've got your black one :LOL:
 
I struggled to get a test drive so my GR86 was the first one I drove. It's a great car you won't be disappointed
Without trying to damp down the enthusiasm… I was pretty non plussed after my test drive but it was damp and I didn’t go above 4K revs.. I noticed the the tyre noise and my immediate thought was “SWMBO will hate it”

The rarity factor (even after 3 waves of sales), FOMO and the nagging thought that if I didn’t order I’d regret it massively pushed me to the point of ordering…

My old car has gone and I’m in a loaner until I pick mine up on Wednesday… Really looking forward to it

I’m amazed that the Yaris they gave me (17 miles on it) has adaptive cruise and that got me thinking that my next car (after the GR) will have it

View attachment 21666
 
Mine turned up at the dealers last week, not heard anything since! Phoned dealer today and it seems they are waiting to hear from Toyota, not sure why it's taking so long, the wait has been long enough!
 
Wow. it looks like mine has arrived much sooner than most people. I only registered my interest with Toyota online at the start of September. Maybe I've got your black one :LOL:
Hopefully not, it might be a bit crusty if it's been sitting in a field near Derby all this time!
 
Mine turned up at the dealers last week, not heard anything since! Phoned dealer today and it seems they are waiting to hear from Toyota, not sure why it's taking so long, the wait has been long enough!
Have you emailed Toyota online? I have a vin and reg number already from them and they're in contact with the dealer too.
 
She's home!!!

Father and baby both doing well!

It has also been my first time driving any kind of 86 and i love it. Very different experience from the FK8 type R i just sold but its exactly what i wanted.

Pointy front end and super responsive steering! I took the long way home to get used to it and it soon feels very intuitive. I didn't press on too much, running in the engine etc but it feels very lively. Can't wait to learn her secrets 😀

Nice and small on the road which was one of my gripes about the civic.

I look forward to lots of discussions with you guys going forwards.

Chris

20231030_192524.webp
 
Back
Top