GR Yaris Additional security options

I had to laugh and then pull the leg of the experienced tire fitter when I had them set up my spare wheel. I told him the keyless entry was switched off and how to start it. Five minutes later he walked back, gave me the keys and asked me to drive it into the bay as he couldn't get it started. I joked saying I need to phone my insurance and say I should get it cheaper as a chap with 20 years experience of every car couldn't drive it away even with the key in his hands. He was a little red faced when the other chaps laughed. Disklock for me when out or StopLock Pro Elite as I have both.

As far as battery drain is concerned I don't have Ghost but wired my own dash cam hiding the wire till it gets to the 12v socket and it is plugged in there. It is garaged so no detection needed there and it is powered off when not in use so only uses power when engine is on. A lot of devices do take constant power and this needs thinking about when buying them for a car used very lightly which many will be. Just fixed in the CTEK comfort connector under the bonet to the +ve point and bodywork so it can have a charge and sulphor clean every few months.
 
As this thread's been bumped, thought it would be a good idea to say that I've now had Ghost on the car for over 12 months, and not had a single issue with it - and the car's not been nicked either!

Still get to enjoy the convenience of keyless entry, but with the additional peace of mind. It also means I can leave my keys lying around without worrying.
 
I had the Ghost fitted some three months ago after my other car got nicked following a burglary. I didn't use the preferred installer, just got whoever was approved and local through Googling Ghost. They guy did struggle to get it to work, and his initial 45 minute estimate as he had done a few before turned into three hours.

However, it's been faultless and no problems leaving the car for three days around battery drain. I do love the peace of mind it brings.
Hi Lauren , my ghost needs about 10 seconds aft ignition is switched on before the code goes in is this the case in yours?
thanks
 
Hi Lauren , my ghost needs about 10 seconds aft ignition is switched on before the code goes in is this the case in yours?
thanks
I'm not Lauren 🤣, but mine doesn't need any time before I can put the code in after the ignition is on. Might be some of the buttons on your code aren't active straightway? 🤷‍♂️
 
I'm not Lauren 🤣, but mine doesn't need any time before I can put the code in after the ignition is on. Might be some of the buttons on your code aren't active straightway? 🤷‍♂️
Cheers mate but tried different buttons and I still have to wait 10 or so seconds 🤦🏼
 
Im going to get a ghost as soon as my car is here,...poeple saying it helps having an installer who has fitted one to a GR..?....so what issues are GR specific then?,as my installer might not have done one on a GR
 
Cheers mate but tried different buttons and I still have to wait 10 or so seconds 🤦🏼
Mine is around 4 seconds too but I often use the app which means you can start the car instantly.
If you use the app just ensure you turn it off when you finish driving at the end of the day.
 
Im going to get a ghost as soon as my car is here,...poeple saying it helps having an installer who has fitted one to a GR..?....so what issues are GR specific then?,as my installer might not have done one on a GR
Think it's the options as where it can be fitted, as well as a rate issue with battery drain. I know that Chris (who was recommended by other members) has worked with the Autowatch in the development of Ghost and its implemention on certain models.

Don't think it's obligatory to use him or someone like him, but if the journey isn't ridiculous, then surely it makes sense to use the best you can to get it installed?
 
Mine is around 4 seconds too but I often use the app which means you can start the car instantly.
If you use the app just ensure you turn it off when you finish driving at the end of the day.
Is that with the Ghost App?
 
What's the ball park figure for GHOST, Pandora ? What's Chris' details? Thanks
 
I just contacted Ghost and the sorted a local installer and booked in a home install for me. Said he had done 6 or 7 GR's before.
 
Let me know how it goes.. if you can share the contact details would be handy.. thanks!
I had it fitted last November. I didn't use Chris, just got Ghost to arrange a local installer who came to my house and did it. Much easier. Here's the link:

 
Just curious.... those with GHOST 2 fitted.

Anyone attempted to put their car in Service/Valet mode. Then restart their car and drive it off > 30 mph and > 15 mins? to find out if it auto exits out of service/valet mode?
 
Just curious.... those with GHOST 2 fitted.

Anyone attempted to put their car in Service/Valet mode. Then restart their car and drive it off > 30 mph and > 15 mins? to find out if it auto exits out of service/valet mode?
Put it into valet mode lots of times, and you need to be going on a fair journey to be constantly over the 30mph for 15 minutes to without resetting the timer. But yeah, I tried it out when going on a motorway journey and it worked.

As an aside, still very happy to have Ghost on the car for the peace of mind, whilst keeping the convenience of keyless entry.
 
Put it into valet mode lots of times, and you need to be going on a fair journey to be constantly over the 30mph for 15 minutes to without resetting the timer. But yeah, I tried it out when going on a motorway journey and it worked.

As an aside, still very happy to have Ghost on the car for the peace of mind, whilst keeping the convenience of keyless entry.
I wonder if I simply haven't done a long enough journey after disarming for it to re-arm again. I must admit, I simply reactivate it manually as it's the safest way when I get in my car again on pick up from the dealer.
 
Back
Top