Recent content by Lauren

  1. Lauren

    GR86 Evo Magazine Website mention

    Oih I've just started reading April's edition, look forward to it. :)
  2. Lauren

    Cadwell Park Trackday Monday 23 February £99 OPL

    Here's a winter bargain for you. Cadwell Park full circuit for £99 on Monday 23rd Feb. What better way to start your week eh? I've booked the Admiral Rodney, Horncastle where I will stay with my husband on Sunday night. It's a nice place, with a big well hidden car park, excellent food and 10...
  3. Lauren

    Event Japfest 2025 Silverstone 13/4/25

    For those that wish to convoy from MK Dons to Japfest. We will be leaving McDonald’s for 0730. Maccies is on the far side of MK Dons/Hilton. My number is 07879630071
  4. Lauren

    Event Japfest 2025 Silverstone 13/4/25

    We normally leave at 7am from Maccies at the MK Stadium. 6.30am in Maccies if you want brekkie, then I lead a convoy to Silverstone, You are welcome to join us. My number: 07879630071. Times may vary slightly but let me know if you'd like to join.
  5. Lauren

    Event The 3rd Annual GR-Zoo European Road Trip - "The Dolomites" - Limited spots available

    Come! Especially so I'm not the only GR86. ;) I did the inaugral trip back in 2023 when I had my Yaris. It was epic fun. Whilst I've toured the Alps twice previously prior to that, it was great to do it as part of a group and I must say that Sticky really turned up some epic passes that many...
  6. Lauren

    Event The 3rd Annual GR-Zoo European Road Trip - "The Dolomites" - Limited spots available

    I did this in my Yaris in 2023. It was epic. This year I’m back in my GR86. I’ve just had the Brembo upgrade done. I’m ready. 🙂 Would be cool to have more GR86’s in the mix. 👍
  7. Lauren

    GR86 GR86 - Brake Upgrade Guide

    Took my 'Nige' down to RRG Macclesfield yesterday and was provided with a lovely new GR Yaris Sport. What a great little car for zipping around in. They fitted the Godspeed Brembo brake upgrade the £999 one, not the Megane 3 callipers. They reported no issues with fitment and picking my car up...
  8. Lauren

    GR86 Is it a bit of a Widow Maker?

    I don't think it' s a car for the inexperienced. Yes it can be lively on cold greasy roads, but it is front engined, RWD with a slippy diff. My first winter in my GR86 after three in a GR Yaris which is a flattering car for the driver, was quite different. My perspective is finesse, something...
  9. Lauren

    GR86 GR86 - Brake Upgrade Guide

    I've gone for bolted as saw no advantage to floating discs.
  10. Lauren

    GR86 GR86 - Brake Upgrade Guide

    The £999 one in the sale. So not the Megane caliper one. I trust what I have will be more than sufficient for what I need.
  11. Lauren

    GR86 GR86 - Brake Upgrade Guide

    I've just taken the plunge on the Godspeed Brembo setup for the fronts. Years ago I ran the AP 4 Pot 330mm setup on my GT86 and that was transformative. I did two trackdays last November on stock discs and pads and well, you can guess how that went. I know better pads would have made a...
  12. Lauren

    GR86 GR86 Remap - any news?

    It won't sound like an exhaust for a child as that one does. The issue is much more around legality. I just think that it's more of an issue. A remap on the stock setup with a way to take out the rev hang issue would be what I'd be looking for. But I want to keep it legal. There are insurance...
  13. Lauren

    GR86 Insurance

    Got my renewal through at £1104 with Admiral. Was £971 last year. Years ago I had it in my mind that insurance would get cheaper with age. I'm 53 driving 35 years no convictions, but one claim which was my fault last year. I live in greater manchester, have business use (social worker - I know...
  14. Lauren

    GR86 GR86 on track - any member experience/feedback?

    Agreed on stock pads really not being up to the task. The car already has an oil cooler, which is adequate. Didn't see temps go over 123C they seemed to really stabilise at 120C, so it did seem to work. You should always do cool down laps I would say, that saw a 20C drop in oil temp. I want to...
  15. Lauren

    Event Japfest 2025 Silverstone 13/4/25

    Yes that is it. :)
Back
Top