GR Yaris Recaro seat frames and wiring help

TheManWithTheStick

Totally Hooked
Joined
Dec 6, 2021
Messages
406
Reaction score
553
Location
Anglesey
Anyone know much about fitting Recaro seats? I may have had another moment of madness and ordered Recaro Sportster GK210H from Japan which will be delivered at the end of Feb, but now I'm a bit confused what I need to fit them. I'm not bothered about going the lowest of the low, just getting them in with a nice driving position with all functions working.

This is what I've found:-

2080.024.2 - Sports Type
2080.011.2 - Standard Type
JCR Super Low Frames

Any other options?

I'm not even sure if the JCR ones would work as they're for the Euro Sportster CS whereas mine are Jap imports. I hope there's no difference but anyone know for sure?

The Recaro frames say "Function of side airbag loses" but those seats come with Airbags and Heaters which I do want to use, of course. I don't want to cut any wires so will need connectors for airbag and power as well.

Can anyone help with more info on any of this, please?!?

Cheers
 
Have a chat with @Jon Foz from VBD - he's also in the North West so not too far from you.
 
One of the challenges is the connection to the airbag. Toyota does not sell the airbag connector individually.
What people do is cut off the original connector on the OEM seat and make an adapter from it.:oops:



Yellow is the airbag connector:
1705363435505.webp
 
Last edited:
That is wild…

We just put a resistor in and tape it shut. Never failed and you can go back to stock if needed in about 3min.
One of the challenges is the connection to the airbag. Toyota does not sell the airbag connector individually.
What people do is cut off the original connector on the OEM seat and make an adapter from it.:oops:



Yellow is the airbag connector:
View attachment 23904
 
Thanks both. I'd rather not cut any wires, ideally. My seats will have airbags so I do want to use them which means no resistors. I think I just need the right connector then use two wires and ignore ground (brown) 🤞

They also have seat heaters and electric recliners, I've bought this connector after some recent googling about this. I just hope that'il power both the heaters and recliners 🤞 🤞

So I hope I just need the airbag connector now. I found some page that mentioned ordering it from Lexus if Toyota won't play ball, but can't find it for the life of me now!
 
One of the challenges is the connection to the airbag. Toyota does not sell the airbag connector individually.
What people do is cut off the original connector on the OEM seat and make an adapter from it.:oops:



Yellow is the airbag connector:
View attachment 23904
no need to do this. there is a plug available from lexus that fits and can be connected to the recaro seat. so you can keep it pluggable. i found a thread about it here or at yaris owners uk

*edit*
found it

 
Last edited:
I was going to update this thread when they were fitted. The seats arrived last week and they'll be fitted next week - they look absolutely fantastic plus they have red stitching which I didn't expect, but there are no airbags!! I though they'd all come with them based on this Recaro JP site as you can see airbags on the 3D render and there's no mention of them being optional.

Oh well, I won't be sending them back as it was a bloody fortune with all shipping costs etc - ended up no cheaper than buying UK ones which would have had airbags (but aren't as nice looking in my opinion and they don't have option for electric recliners or lumbar)

One seat weighs 16.35kg plus the mounting plate and runners are around 8kg (not taken out and weighed separately) so I doubt this will be lighter than OEM.

There are 2 connectors at the bottom which I'm not sure about. I thought this seat would only need 12v feed.

I did a lot of research before buying and also came across that thread which was very helpful, thanks Tralien. I ended up ordering that VW cable which wasn't bloody cheap but then I think I found the right connector with the pins on Aliexpress, so the VW cable will be going back if that all works out.

It was difficult to find info for these seats so I hope someone finds these links useful in future:-

6098-3933 connector & pins (12v?) - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003994263139.html
90980-12697 connector & pins (airbag) - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005486822238.html
VW cable for airbag pins (hopefully not needed) - https://www.allcarpartsfast.co.uk/vw-audi-seat-skoda/vw-audi-seat-skoda-000979017e-wire-set/

https://www.gr-yaris.co.uk/threads/seat-heating-plug.8669/?post_id=158995 (thanks for this thread too)



IMG_20240126_135807.webpIMG_20240126_135821.webpIMG_20240126_135843.webpIMG_20240126_135941.webpIMG_20240126_135856.webpIMG_20240126_140221.webpIMG_20240126_140149.webpIMG_20240126_140143.webpIMG_20240126_140315.webpIMG_20240126_140127.webpIMG_20240126_140407.webpIMG_20240126_140440.webpIMG_20240126_140453.webpIMG_20240126_140235.webpIMG_20240126_135459.webp
 
Did you get the VW cable for the airbag from all car parts? I actually used your link so thank you. Just wondered how long they took to arrive and if they do fit as reported.

Thanks
 
Did you get the VW cable for the airbag from all car parts? I actually used your link so thank you. Just wondered how long they took to arrive and if they do fit as reported.

Thanks
Yes I bought it from that link. But as my seats didn't come with airbags it wasn't used and a resistor was plugged straight in instead. I hope it works for you though!
 
Back
Top