GR Yaris Nice protection for "keyless entry relay attack"

Via odb access you permanently can turn off this feature keyless entry / keyless start so that car only opens when you hit the button (old style). For starting the car you need to put the key next to the start button very close. So you dont disable transmitting of the key, but you disable the car accepting this transmits, car reacts only on pushing the button on the remote. Might work via settings too, dont know if you need odb access / odb app.

Thats what I would do.....deactivate the keyless in the car, not in the remote.

What if someone orders a completly new key from Toyota dealer with your FIN? Imho useless to mod your key, you need to mod your car !?!
 
i never had a car with keyless entry/start. actually i don't think i whant to use that. is relay attack really that big thing? heard about it beeing possible, but never heard from an actuall case. can i use the key just like a normal remote key?
 
I picked up mine this week and set it as described. Remote off in car. You can unlock by remote, but cant via door knob. You need to place key very close to start button (nfc?) to unlock ignition and start.
 
You already got yours? Congratulations! 🎊

Thanks for the advice. I'll try this when I get my... still half a year waiting. Never thought I'd be waiting a full year for a car. :sneaky:
 
Back
Top