GR86 Key fob lock action

Chris Mc

Totally Hooked
Joined
Jul 27, 2022
Messages
450
Reaction score
731
Sometimes when locking the car (either simple lock or lock & disarm keyless), the fob just doesn’t respond.

Same thing both keys, so not a fob battery issue.

Worthy of a chat with Toyota, or does everyone have the occasional non responsive fob? To solve it, I open the car door and close again, and it works.
 
Had it occasionally, this morning in fact. But I've also just switched to a more robust key fob cover which I think can affect the signal strength. Do you have a cover on your keys?
 
I get this too. No cover on my keys, sometimes it just takes 3 or 4 tries to lock from the fob. Odd.
 
No such issue here. I have a stretchy bright blue rubber fob cover. In fact I have to leave the fob in the garage when I'm washing the car, because if it's in my pocket I keep activating the door locks when I pass a wet wash mitt along the door handle area.
 
When the ‘lock and disarm’ stops working I take it as a sign that the keyfob battery is getting low on power; a new battery always resolves it for me. My battery lasts about 5 months with daily ‘lock and disarm’, while the battery in the second rarely used keyfob is still OE and still works fine.
 
Back
Top