GR Yaris Cage or harness bar?

Bronson

Totally Hooked
Joined
Dec 16, 2021
Messages
528
Reaction score
692
Location
Isle of Man
For sprint/hillclimb usage, I want to strip a bit of weight out of the car and use a harness. Obviously the rear seat delete kits are totally impractical and unsafe for attaching a harness as the mounting points for the bar are insufficient.

So I'm torn between a half-cage, which feels like overkill or a harness bar such as the one from Hardrace or SW Motorsports rear W brace.

Thoughts?
 
I had considered this and I’m probably not going to save a huge amount of weight by losing the rear seats by the time a bar goes in. 15kg maybe? If that.
 
Not sure of the class structure for whichever championship you compete in, but in mine, removal of the rear seat puts you in the modified class.
 
Back
Top