GR Yaris AWD mode select switch

Spirited

Totally Hooked
Joined
Jan 23, 2022
Messages
488
Reaction score
503
Page 217of the UK online manual doesn't specify that the car needs to be stationary for a different mode to be selected.

So, for example, to change from Sport to Track mode, would you just use the switch while driving?!
 
It is just adjusting the clamping pressure on the AWD clutch pack. It isn't moving large bits of metal in a transfer case like in a Land Rover, so there is no chance of gears grinding.

The whole system is designed for on-the-fly changes.
 
Actually, when playing around in expert and maybe it gets a bit scary, a quick push of that huge normal button switches on the esp and other safety systems. Really, you shouldn't find yourself in such a situation*, but good to know ;)

*I leave esp on for high speeds
 
Last edited:
Page 217of the UK online manual doesn't specify that the car needs to be stationary for a different mode to be selected.

So, for example, to change from Sport to Track mode, would you just use the switch while driving?!
Yeah, I've even done it mid-corner 🤣
 
A little aside to this, if I switch traction off while stationary, as opposed to on the move, it seams to be a lot more playful.
I think I read to do that in the manual. But I’m off to have another read..
 
A little aside to this, if I switch traction off while stationary, as opposed to on the move, it seams to be a lot more playful.
I think I read to do that in the manual. But I’m off to have another read..
It doesn't make any difference.
 
Back
Top