GR Yaris Wheel Weights & Data

Kolbenkopp

Devoted member
Jul 1, 2022
Germany
Hello friends,

apologies if this is redundant or otherwise out of place. If so, moderators please moderate ;).

That said, made a couple of notes while looking for some wheels. This is biased towards OEM fitment (8x18 in 8 or 8.5 wide), light weight and ability to get them past TÜV (German vehicle inspection) without too much hassle. I've tried to collect credible weights from folk that actually weighed a real wheel in the GR Yaris fitment.

Bit limited use for most, but it's just a start. Feel free to copy / add your own data and please correct mistakes that might have crept in.

Note: keep this thread to data please? Great thread with great pics already exists: https://www.gr-zoo.com/threads/show-us-your-aftermarket-wheels.9/

BrandTypeWeightDiaWidthOffsetBoreData SourcePriceLink
WedssportTC105X
7,37​
kg
18​
8​
45​
73​
manufacturerhttp://wedssport.jp/products/english/spectable/tc105x.pdf
OZAllegritta HLT
7,72​
kg
18​
8​
40​
manufacturerhttps://www.ozracing.com/alloy-wheels/oz-racing/i-tech/alleggerita-hlt
TomasonTN25
7,9​
kg
18​
8​
45​
72,6​
certificatehttps://www.gr-zoo.com/threads/show-us-your-aftermarket-wheels.9/post-726
TECGT Race-I
8,2​
kg
18​
8​
45​
72,5​
manufacturer
WedssportSA99R
8,32​
kg
18​
8​
42​
73​
manufacturer
AutecCR
8,5​
kg
18​
8,5​
45​
70​
haslerhttps://www.gr-zoo.com/threads/show-us-your-aftermarket-wheels.9/post-9652
BorbetDB8GT2
8,5​
kg
18​
8,5​
40​
72,5​
hasler
Japan RacingSL-01
8,5​
kg
18​
8​
35​
hasler
ProtrackOne
8,5​
kg
18​
8​
40​
60,1​
reseller
EnkeiShogun FF
9,1​
kg
18​
8​
35​
hasler
AutecWizard
9,7​
kg
18​
8​
35​
certificate
ProlinePXF
9,8​
kg
18​
8​
40​
manufacturer
EnkeiYamato
9,9​
kg
18​
8​
45​
haslerhttps://enkei.de/de/designs/yamato/
Fondmetal9RR
10​
kg
18​
8​
45​
manufacturer
SpeedlineSL2
10,5​
kg
18​
8​
40​
82​
manufacturer
Fondmetal9EVO
11​
kg
18​
8​
45​
manufacturer
SpeedlineSL5
11,5​
kg
18​
8​
45​
82​
manufacturer

Last edited:

Amjad

Fascinated Member
Jul 22, 2022
Great thread 👍🏼

Would be keen to see the Autec Clubracer Evo on a GRY, shame they don't seem to be available yet.

Reactions: Kolbenkopp

Wubziz

Jun 20, 2023
Germany
@Kolbenkopp Just weighted the DB8GT2 and those are 8,8kg, not 8,5kg.
Might be good to update this in the chart.

Way lighter than the (nearly same looking) JR03 (10,02kg at 18x8,5) but not the lightest of the bunch if you go only for "I need the lightest one!".
Looking really really good on the car tho.

Florens

Dedicated member
Dec 23, 2021
Germany
I'd actually be interested in peoples experiences with the lighter weight wheels that aren't forged that are in this list.
Depending on the Design they might not hold up to the most "abuse" i.e. potholes etc. and could tend to crack quite easily.

Onehp

Totally Hooked
Dec 6, 2021
Scandinavia
Depending on the Design they might not hold up to
Design is a key word here.
Wheels are for many a 'car fashion' item with their 'design'.

Then there is structural design. There there is a slightly counter intuitive insight, that less material can be "stronger". Stronger as in less brittle, more likely to flex then to crack. The design as such can be just as important as the manufacturing method (cast, flow formed or forged).

Forged is obviously best but flow formed is a good bit on the way making for strong barrels. The best designs are lots of spokes that are quite thin and that do not go straight to the rim edge, or at least has a smooth transition to the edge. This distributes the forces most evenly and doesn't have 'hard' points along the rim edge (which usually gets the blow). But spokes that don't go to the rim edge don't look like the biggest wheel so this is slight opposition of what wheel fashion dictates. All according to my limited one person non-industry perspective.

Either way, the lightest wheels have quite a lot of design cues in common and that's not a coincidence....

Michael Knight

Totally Hooked
Dec 7, 2021
www.grcf.fi
You can add pro track one 17x9J ET45, weighs 8kg or so.
great thread btw!

ps. understand its slightly OT but then again not worth having multiple weight sheets on this site, maybe we could add all in one thread and each can see what they would like to use.

Reactions: Florens

Florens

Dedicated member
Dec 23, 2021
Germany
Design is a key word here.
Wheels are for many a 'car fashion' item with their 'design'.

Then there is structural design. There there is a slightly counter intuitive insight, that less material can be "stronger". Stronger as in less brittle, more likely to flex then to crack. The design as such can be just as important as the manufacturing method (cast, flow formed or forged).

Forged is obviously best but flow formed is a good bit on the way making for strong barrels. The best designs are lots of spokes that are quite thin and that do not go straight to the rim edge, or at least has a smooth transition to the edge. This distributes the forces most evenly and doesn't have 'hard' points along the rim edge (which usually gets the blow). But spokes that don't go to the rim edge don't look like the biggest wheel so this is slight opposition of what wheel fashion dictates. All according to my limited one person non-industry perspective.

Either way, the lightest wheels have quite a lot of design cues in common and that's not a coincidence....
Yup I've noticed that too. However I've just recently seen an ATS Streetrallye (which isn't even the lightest wheel in the world tbh) hilariously fail after only two years of use on a car that weighs 1050KG. The wheel is TÜV approved as well as having one of those "typical" strong Designs. A medium sized pothole was enough to crack the wheel, with the tyre actually staying intact..
1696583571632.png

Onehp

Totally Hooked
Dec 6, 2021
Scandinavia
Yup I've noticed that too. However I've just recently seen an ATS Streetrallye (which isn't even the lightest wheel in the world tbh) hilariously fail after only two years of use on a car that weighs 1050KG. The wheel is TÜV approved as well as having one of those "typical" strong Designs. A medium sized pothole was enough to crack the wheel, with the tyre actually staying intact..
View attachment 21006
If you're concerned but don't want to pay top dollar for forged, go for flow formed. Note however that lot of wheels advertised as flow formed aren't actually flow formed until from a certain (usually quite large) size. The only ones in 18x8 I know for sure are the OZ with HLT in their name, and the Braid ones that are flow formed even in small sizes and are supposed to be very strong motorsport wheels (but I have no independent testing to proof that). Maybe others can add more.

PS: and weight doesn't say much about strength, can both work for and against strength all depending on where the weight sits and the material quality...

Last edited:

Florens

Dedicated member
Dec 23, 2021
Germany
If you're concerned but don't want to pay top dollar for forged, go for flow formed. Note however that lot of wheels advertised as flow formed aren't actually flow formed until from a certain (usually quite large) size. The only ones in 18x8 I know for sure are the OZ with HLT in their name, and the Braid ones that are flow formed even in small sizes and are supposed to be very stong motorsport wheels (but I have no independent testing to proof that). Maybe others can add more.

PS: and weight doesn't say much about strength, can both work for and against strength all depending on where the weight sits and the material quality...
Thank you for the insights, thankfully I'm not currently on the hunt for new wheels, just wanted to add my input :)

991RS

Absorbed member
Oct 17, 2023
I wanted to share my new setup.

OEM wheels 8 width and 225 tyres
Track setup 8.5 TC105X with 245 cup2 tyres and some light nuts.

Overall 500g lighter per wheel ! :love:

Still have to buy Wedssport aluminium hub-centric center cap (out of stock now) so it will add some weight back but those will not be heavy I guess

1703343274534.jpg
1703343274553.jpg
1703343274580.jpg
1703343274591.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: GottGry