KobayashiMaru86

Totally Hooked
Apr 14, 2022
Swansea, Wales
Reactions: Beans

GRistopher

Obsessed member
Oct 23, 2023
Went somewhere I probably shouldnt at 1am!

Technically not in m the GR86 but GR related so still on topic...
Man, I'm so Jelous. My friend and i are massive WEC fans and used to go to Lemans fairly consistently. We were there when Kaz Nakajima rolled to a stop on the start finish straight with one lap to go. It was heartbreaking and it meant i lost over £400 as i'd bet on them for the win! :cry: I've always liked Toyota as they began the downfall of Audi - a brand I'm really not a fan of.
That said, I'll be cheering for Fred Makowiecki this year. He's been my favorite sports car driver since FIA GT1 and has a real chance of a win.

It just so happens that we're competing In our first owner driver endurance race this weekend so we'll miss a lot of the build up and race.
I'll try to catch up with as much of the race as possible, but given we're doing a 12 hour race ourselves on Saturday, I'll probably on catch the last 3rd on Sunday morning.

Are you taking out the GR for some burnouts on mad Friday?

GRaven

Absorbed member
Nov 11, 2023
UK
Installed this. Took all of 10mins to fit. Like how the welded brackets are already there as if they expected people to do this.
View attachment 28715

@KobayashiMaru86 thanks for taking the time and money to test this out! Looks like you just made me spend my money. 😭😅
So the fit was almost perfect except for some of the Side Foam bits touching?
Other than that it looks like an absolute perfect fit to have a Space Saver and this rear strut.

Also last question, how much did it cost in the end? Did they sting you with Tax pre ordering and post? The GBP vs JPY is very good at the moment.

KobayashiMaru86

Totally Hooked
Apr 14, 2022
Swansea, Wales
@KobayashiMaru86 thanks for taking the time and money to test this out! Looks like you just made me spend my money. 😭😅
So the fit was almost perfect except for some of the Side Foam bits touching?
Other than that it looks like an absolute perfect fit to have a Space Saver and this rear strut.

Also last question, how much did it cost in the end? Did they sting you with Tax pre ordering and post? The GBP vs JPY is very good at the moment.
The foam touches like it does in the picture. They suggest cutting the foam but I'm not doing that so didn't put the pins back in and just tucked them. Fitting was easy. It's nice the bracketry is there as if they knew people would use them for this.

Cost was about £120 plus postage but I'd ordered other bits too like the window aero bit (only £95) everyone gets and some wheel nuts for some future wheels and other bits. Was from Japan Parts but did get stung for the tax. Oddly today I've had some bits today from RHD Japan but didn't pay any extra so I'll be going there more often.