GR86 What did you do with your GR86 today

Joolone

Dedicated member
Aug 31, 2023
Berkshire
I did a round trip of 175 last Sunday to Worthing. Not the motorway route but through Petworth and Arundel to enjoy the country roads and scenery. I don't know what was going on but passing me in the opposite direction was streams of McLaren, Lamborghinis, Ferraris, Porsche's and Aston Martins. The sounds were fantastic, but all beaten for decibels by a MK 5 golf. But my point is, as I have strayed, is that my mpg was 36.3. This was my best yet. So good to see this isn't unusual. My normal everyday drives gives me about 27 mpg.

Reactions: Conscript

Conscript

Totally Hooked
Apr 20, 2022
Kent, UK
I’d say that’s pretty good. I currently average 30mpg from mine, although not commuting.

My 1.1 Rover 25 shed that I use as a station car averages 43mpg, so I’d say you’re doing well!

I guess so. It's no worse than my GT86 managed on a similar commute, but fuel is more costly now.
But on the flipside, I only have to be at the office 2-3 days a week.

KobayashiMaru86

Totally Hooked
Apr 14, 2022
Swansea, Wales
Mine still averages about 27mpg but I don't hang about and it's all A and B roads. My Swift almost feels as bad, to the point it's almost cheaper to use the 86 as it's more fun. The bike though, even hammering does 50mpg as there's always sections you slow and lift off a lot.

Reactions: RumbleandSway

GRMatt74

Totally Hooked
Dec 22, 2023
Bedford
This is why it’s my weekend toy. All the miles I do in it are fun. It’s worth every penny.
IMG_9236.jpeg

leosayer

Obsessed member
Dec 9, 2022
London
This is why it’s my weekend toy. All the miles I do in it are fun. It’s worth every penny.
View attachment 28559
Same here.

It hardly ever gets used for practical purposes, just weekends away and early morning weekend drives just for fun.

I live in London so need to do a few miles on motorways to get to some interesting roads so I'm rarely stuck in traffic which no doubt helps MPG.

I'm more than happy of my long-term average of 32mpg and my best from a tank of 37.

I do wish for a larger fuel tank though because generally the fuel light comes on after only 250 miles or so which is not much.

Reactions: GRMatt74 and sbc_uk

mackie

Totally Hooked
Apr 19, 2022
Hertfordshire
Tonight is camber bolt and new fancy (i.e. less likely to rust solid) drop links (both acquired in the recent Whiteline 25% off sale) installation ready for its post-coilover alignment tomorrow morning. Pray for me that the rear camber is pretty even left to right and that I don't need to stump up for adjustable lower arms. It was only around 0.1 degrees out at normal ride height so hopefully will be fine.

Reactions: AWB and sbc_uk

KobayashiMaru86

Totally Hooked
Apr 14, 2022
Swansea, Wales
I'm leading a group of 13 cars this weekend on a tour of North Wales 😜

Much merriment will be had including a Saturday night hotel stop 🥳🍻

We have a varied selection of vehicles including GR86 S2000 M2 911 GTIs S3 Z350 Mustang ....

Wish me luck!! 😎
Pob lwc and watch out for speed traps. Waze is a must in Wales now, especially up North. Love it up there.

Reactions: sbc_uk

Beans

Obsessed member
Apr 11, 2022
East Mids
Fitted some sound proofing / deadening to the doors, installed the focals, and the mod society mirror module. All works so always a bonus! Nice to do everything in one go. I'm fully expecting rattles at some point though despite some foam wrap here n there!

Attachments

PXL_20240607_164433508.jpg PXL_20240607_171044323.jpg

GRaven

Absorbed member
Nov 11, 2023
UK
Installed a newer and firmer elbow rest. A Japanese upgrade from the Ali Express one. It’s firmer and wraps around behind the Handbrake a bit more.
Too bad it's red stitching instead of silver. But it is perfect for my bony elbow right behind the handbrake!

Chef's Kiss I love it!

IMG_4128.jpg

Last edited:

MR2rob

Obsessed member
Jun 8, 2023
Sussex
I did a round trip of 175 last Sunday to Worthing. Not the motorway route but through Petworth and Arundel to enjoy the country roads and scenery. I don't know what was going on but passing me in the opposite direction was streams of McLaren, Lamborghinis, Ferraris, Porsche's and Aston Martins. The sounds were fantastic, but all beaten for decibels by a MK 5 golf. But my point is, as I have strayed, is that my mpg was 36.3. This was my best yet. So good to see this isn't unusual. My normal everyday drives gives me about 27 mpg.
That would probably be the Goodwood Breakfast Club meet :cool:

Reactions: sbc_uk

Initial-G

Devoted member
Dec 10, 2023
West Midlands
Back home after a break in Norfolk.
Enjoyed a few fun drives, highlights including Sheringham to Wells next the Sea, and Southwold to Cromer.

Such fun to drive! This is just the kind of trip I bought this car for! The lightweight and naturally aspirated engine are so sharp.

Traffic generally pretty good as it’s not peak holiday season. When stuck behind slow cars I’d take it easy through the villages and create the space for some fun driving in the twisty bits.

Practical too. The boot fits in way more than you’d think. No problem for a week’s worth of generous holiday packing for two.

IMG_1103.jpeg
IMG_8774.jpeg

GRMatt74

Totally Hooked
Dec 22, 2023
Bedford
Back home after a break in Norfolk.
Enjoyed a few fun drives, highlights including Sheringham to Wells next the Sea, and Southwold to Cromer.

Such fun to drive! This is just the kind of trip I bought this car for! The lightweight and naturally aspirated engine are so sharp.

Traffic generally pretty good as it’s not peak holiday season. When stuck behind slow cars I’d take it easy through the villages and create the space for some fun driving in the twisty bits.

Practical too. The boot fits in way more than you’d think. No problem for a week’s worth of generous holiday packing for two.

View attachment 28663View attachment 28664
I got a pic of my previous Elise with those huts a few years ago in Southwold. Nice place & nice roads.
IMG_9471.jpeg