GR Yaris What did you do to your GR Yaris today?

Onehp

Totally Hooked
Dec 6, 2021
Scandinavia
Accidently triggered the car alarm yesterday for first time in three years. Today took accidently off on 3rd gear (pulled out fine, which was a surprise). The question is that is it time to buy a Corolla?
We have a car alarm??

You forgot you already have a Corolla? That's much worse then you ever imagined ;)

• Haha
Reactions: micsub

corroded

Totally Hooked
Dec 23, 2021
So, not really a what I did... though I have found way to attach the dashcam to my dimming rear mirror, so I ordered that....

I've had a couple of chats with people who were talking about paying overs on a special GR Yaris now, and in the range of ยฃ20k over... which sounds insane, but I think what both of them are talking about is that GRMN Yaris that sold last year. Talking ranges of ยฃ20k over on a car worth ยฃ60k-ish or so.

From what it sounds like, it might be in Northern Ireland.

To add: these people I talked to were months and months apart, one yesterday though.

Oh, and randomly I pulled into a car park looking for a Screwfix, but accidentally drove to a Wickes instead, decided to get a KFC instead... Black GR Yaris in the car park, turns out it was from the same dealer as mine was originally... had a little chat with the owner, who also owns a 911, seemed like a nice chap. Plate ending FMV, not anyone on here, Facebook GR group member though.

Last edited:
Reactions: micsub

RichM

Devoted member
Jan 16, 2023
North Notts
24k service completed at RRG Macclesfield. 2 1/2 years of fuss-free happy motoring, and touch wood, many more.

Felt super smooth and rapid on the way home, love that post-service feel.
I'm at RRG Macclesfield for 2yr service tomorrow. Looking forward to it, not least the drive through the Peak District

Reactions: MrJ

Michael Knight

Totally Hooked
Dec 7, 2021
www.grcf.fi
Hmm where am I? Was it to the left or righf?
IMG_1807.jpeg

LittleMav

Obsessed member
Jul 22, 2023
Had a puncture in one tyre yesterday with immediate pressure loss. As tyres are almost worn and I want to change anyways to 17inches, it was the "right" moment to order 9 *17 Protracks in Gold. They will be wrapped in Cross Climate 2s in 235/45/17. :giggle:

Michael Knight

Totally Hooked
Dec 7, 2021
www.grcf.fi
Went to buy some razor blades. Washed the white wheels and bonnet that had evil salt stains from fridays adventures to the dangerous rally stages. Also removed all the frost blanket protection from the front fender as it appears to be soon summer weather and we get soon to kick livin s**t of these bad boys on local race tracks - cannot wait..! ๐Ÿ˜

Reactions: micsub and Onehp

MrJ

Zookeeper
Staff member
Dec 6, 2021
Had a puncture in one tyre yesterday with immediate pressure loss. As tyres are almost worn and I want to change anyways to 17inches, it was the "right" moment to order 9 *17 Protracks in Gold. They will be wrapped in Cross Climate 2s in 235/45/17. :giggle:
I've been running Crossclimates for a couple of years now, only thing I'd say is that in standard 225/40 size, they are noticeably narrower than the PS4S. Not much in the way of rim protection because of this. I'd probably go 235 on my 18x8 wheels next time , although they've still got over 5mm tread left after over 10k miles so it won't be anytime soon ๐Ÿ˜†

RichP

Absorbed member
Feb 27, 2023
Sussex.
I've been running Crossclimates for a couple of years now, only thing I'd say is that in standard 225/40 size, they are noticeably narrower than the PS4S. Not much in the way of rim protection because of this. I'd probably go 235 on my 18x8 wheels next time , although they've still got over 5mm tread left after over 10k miles so it won't be anytime soon ๐Ÿ˜†
Same thoughts on CC2s, car suits them imo. Left mine on 18 months now also done 10k, they wear well especially in this never ending rain.... May treat it to PS4Ss again if they exist? otherwise PS5s sound like a good alternative.