GR Yaris The waiting game...

Romao

Jan 30, 2023
Lisbon, Portugal
Hi everyone.

I'm from Portugal and decided to purchase a new GR Yaris.

Little I new that new orders for the model over here have been suspended from mid December 22 with no info from the dealers of when they will reopen.

I have tried to search around and only got some info that new orders can be placed in... Australia...

Let's hope I didn't make the decision too late.

Like many, I'd prefer a newly registered car rather than having to go for a used one...

If anyone hears something about orders reopening, let us know please.

Onehp

Totally Hooked
Dec 6, 2021
Scandinavia
I have tried to search around and only got some info that new orders can be placed in... Australia...

Check out here?

Romao

Jan 30, 2023
Lisbon, Portugal
Check out here?

Yep, just read that.
Lucky Swedes :sneaky:

Romao

Jan 30, 2023
Lisbon, Portugal
Here in Portugal, from what I was told last week in two different dealers, the latest orders placed in early December 22 are scheduled for delivery in February 24. That's an estimate, I guess...

YORKSHIRE LAD

Absorbed member
Oct 27, 2022
Sheffield
So , i spoke to my dealer today and there is still no firm date for delivery, He keeps telling me that they get a date for delivery through from Toyota and then the next notification that comes through says N O L which apparently means "Not on List" so I am no nearer taking delivery. Sometimes, I wish I'd never bothered to be honest but then I read the rave reviews from the guys that have got theirs and then I think that the wait should be worth it so I think I'll persevere and battle on:mad:

Ecsrobin

Totally Hooked
Dec 14, 2021
So , i spoke to my dealer today and there is still no firm date for delivery, He keeps telling me that they get a date for delivery through from Toyota and then the next notification that comes through says N O L which apparently means "Not on List" so I am no nearer taking delivery. Sometimes, I wish I'd never bothered to be honest but then I read the rave reviews from the guys that have got theirs and then I think that the wait should be worth it so I think I'll persevere and battle on:mad:

Stick with it. What’s the first number after your KB?

GRgrampa

Totally Hooked
Dec 18, 2021
S. Wales
I contacted Toyota GB last week and they told me my KA9 order has an estimated build of sometime this month with a view to it arriving in the UK around April. They also said this wasn't definate. :(

• Sad
Reactions: Onehp

Ecsrobin

Totally Hooked
Dec 14, 2021
Guess I'll have a long wait... if I can actually get to put an order in, of course...

Some European countries seem to be taking orders and giving dates of next April. Will be interesting if those cars will be made or what’s filling the year gap.

YORKSHIRE LAD

Absorbed member
Oct 27, 2022
Sheffield
I don’t think I’ve seen a higher KB so whilst you’ll have the longest wait you’ll also have the newest car.
I've had another conversation with the dealer today and they have contacted Toyota directly who have forecasted that the car will now not arrive until May; but this is not 100 percent guaranteed. I find it incredible that a company known for it's perceived efficiency and organisation can be so disorganized when it comes to delivery times; anyway, roll on May 🤞

Mits

Fascinated Member
Feb 2, 2023
My latest was April, but if some have been told May, I guess it will be May. My order went in on 18/07/21 so will be one of the last.
Just forgetting about the car for now.

ZN8

Zookeeper
Staff member
Dec 29, 2021
Kent
Meh, could be worse...

Capture9476.JPG

GRunt

Obsessed member
Feb 17, 2022
Northern Germany
I am still sitting here, with estimated delivery of September 22. 😀 every month I get a message which states no other delivery date yet. The waiting game goes on. Hope we all get ours at a point we really want it.

YORKSHIRE LAD

Absorbed member
Oct 27, 2022
Sheffield
Meh, could be worse...

View attachment 13292
At least you've got your GR86 to enjoy; wish I'd ordered one of those now to be honest; starting to lose interest. The other thing is the uncertainty with the finance situation, The dealer said that the 0 % offer might not be extended beyond March so that could have a major effect on the affordability of the car.