GR86 The GR86 Order List

When is your car due to arrive?

• Total voters

--Rage--

Obsessed member
Apr 19, 2022
Gatwick
This time thing, mine’s 10:41 is only an indication of place in queue.

They may have sold 75% by 10:30, and the rest in dribbles until 11:30. Just thought I’d cheer you all up 😬
I asked this question on my welcome call he checked and he said that my 10.43 order was roughly half way in the queue.

CTG 300

Absorbed member
Apr 29, 2022
Wirral, Merseyside
Well, some good news at last - I received an email from Toyota Online Retail (presumably that's TGB's Buy Online Team) at 6:00pm this evening and have now been advised that my GR86 has moved from Processing Order to Build In Progress. Ironically, I only checked the Vehicle Order Tracker last night, so that must have been updated today.

I received the email confirming my order at 10:22am on the 20th April 2022, but am not sure if there is any relationship between the timing of that email and the time taken for my car to move to Build In Progress...

Anyway, I have updated my vote in Post #1 on the UK GR86 Order Status thread accordingly - having read the whole thread, though, I wonder if anyone has access to any data showing the average time taken for a car to move from Entered Build (Stage 4) to Arrived Portbury (Stage 6).

Last edited:

boxkita

Sep 15, 2022
Seattle, USA
Welcome and congratulations @boxkita , I’ve added you to The List in post #1 ✅👍😎. It will be interesting to get views from an American owner. Did you manage to secure your car at the list Price or did the dealer want a “market adjustment“ ? Have seen lots of horror stories of dealers slapping massive markups in the US ☹️ Hope you enjoy the Zoo 👍
The dealership made a big deal about no mark up. However I can't pay cash. Have to finance thru them, so they get a kickback from the bank. It's a hassle, but they work with our bank so not to annoyed about it.

I have 2 days to pickup the car after it comes in. Even with $1000 on deposit.

The dealership who helped us find the car (did a nationwide search after letting me test sit an already sold car) has a $5000 market adjustment. There were 2 on the lot, both sold in minutes after original orderer cancelled. Both were canceled sight unseen after the car landed.

There's another dealership with a $10,000 markup with a mandatory order requirement, $5000 deposit to order. They were the first I visited. Lexus and Porsche were the next. If Lexus still made a 6mt, i'd have bought that.

Reactions: AndyRC

AndyRC

Zookeeper
Staff member
Dec 28, 2021
East Yorkshire
The dealership made a big deal about no mark up. However I can't pay cash. Have to finance thru them, so they get a kickback from the bank. It's a hassle, but they work with our bank so not to annoyed about it.

I have 2 days to pickup the car after it comes in. Even with $1000 on deposit.

The dealership who helped us find the car (did a nationwide search after letting me test sit an already sold car) has a $5000 market adjustment. There were 2 on the lot, both sold in minutes after original orderer cancelled. Both were canceled sight unseen after the car landed.

There's another dealership with a $10,000 markup with a mandatory order requirement, $5000 deposit to order. They were the first I visited. Lexus and Porsche were the next. If Lexus still made a 6mt, i'd have bought that.
Sounds like the GR86 buying experience is tough in the US with all the mark ups , why the hassle to pick up within 2 days ? Dealers are generally much more relaxed about when you collect a car over here 🤔

byebyeMX5

Devoted member
May 10, 2022
Saffron Walden
4277BF59-DC42-4235-BEBF-7C540A17C2D9.jpeg

I checked the app as I do every now and again and got this 🤔 was sat in processing order for weeks and now this!! Anyone else got this or any ideas?

grzoostuff

Absorbed member
Apr 20, 2022
UK North East
Same here, app say contact retailer, online still showing in transit.
Waiting is killing me.... I hope the positive reviews and everything that's been said about the GR86 is true when it finally arrives.

Reactions: byebyeMX5

Bathroom_Security

Absorbed member
Apr 20, 2022
Surrey
What's that 5 months in (?) and I'm at the stage where I sometimes forget I have one on order thankfully

I think if I had ordered one early and was in the position many of you are I'd have gone mentally ill wondering about when my car was going to turn up

Still annoys me that I haven't even seen one in the flesh yet though

New Fiesta ST due any day now. Need to delay my GR86 until 2024 how ironic.

Reactions: doogle83

Crassas

May 23, 2022
London
Firstly sorry if this has already been covered. I'm new to sports cars and forums..

Today I called Toyota. We have cars in the UK I can confirm. There is a issue with some standard they are not meeting and therefore needs addressing. Mine though isn't expected till end of 2023. So it's a blessing. Lets the teething problems come out.

--Rage--

Obsessed member
Apr 19, 2022
Gatwick
Firstly sorry if this has already been covered. I'm new to sports cars and forums..

Today I called Toyota. We have cars in the UK I can confirm. There is a issue with some standard they are not meeting and therefore needs addressing. Mine though isn't expected till end of 2023. So it's a blessing. Lets the teething problems come out.
Welcome, what colour and transmission did you order?