GR86 "That's a fresh whip bruv"; or the Toyota GR86 collated feedback thread

Conscript

Totally Hooked
Apr 20, 2022
Kent, UK
(conversation continues out of @Conscript 's earshot)

Guy 2: Yes the owner should definitely ordered a black one, cos they could have given [insert young blokes' charity name here] the £965 they paid for this flat paint
Guy 1: (gradually disappearing from earshot as they walk off) ...and did you hear about the missing alarm and don't even get me started on the lack of suit hooks
They knocked twice more during the rest of the day, I guess they just circle the area hoping to catch people at home. Had that been the conversation, then the moment they rang the doorbell for the second time, they would have been treated to an immediate angry tirade from me "BLACK PAINT IS HARDER TO KEEP CLEAN AND ALARMS ARE USELESS ANYWAY, ACKCHUALLY! :mad:"

KobayashiMaru86

Totally Hooked
Apr 14, 2022
Swansea, Wales
They knocked twice more during the rest of the day, I guess they just circle the area hoping to catch people at home. Had that been the conversation, then the moment they rang the doorbell for the second time, they would have been treated to an immediate angry tirade from me "BLACK PAINT IS HARDER TO KEEP CLEAN AND ALARMS ARE USELESS ANYWAY, ACKCHUALLY! :mad:"
No alarm means a lighter car #becauseracecar

GRistopher

Obsessed member
Oct 23, 2023
BLACK PAINT IS HARDER TO KEEP CLEAN
Tell me about it. The GR is my first ever black car. I was swung by images of deep glossy black cars fresh from a full detailing. However given that I would rather drive the car than clean it (although I try to keep it semi-respectable) it typically doesn't roll around with the midnight black look i was hoping for.

byebyeMX5

Totally Hooked
May 10, 2022
Saffron Walden
Tell me about it. The GR is my first ever black car. I was swung by images of deep glossy black cars fresh from a full detailing. However given that I would rather drive the car than clean it (although I try to keep it semi-respectable) it typically doesn't roll around with the midnight black look i was hoping for.
I toyed with the idea of Black for much the same reasons, when its freshly detailed they look amazing, but same as your good self I bought it to drive not to look at!!
I opted for white in the end purely for that when it's dirty which it is 80% of the year it just looks a bit angry!! and on the occasion Ive had to resort to a scratch and shine at my local Posh Wash it doesnt show the swirls they meticulously try to inflict on it!!

GRistopher

Obsessed member
Oct 23, 2023
Young lad in a petrol station was very keen on the car today. He actually new what it was too! I think that's a first 😆

In other news, my team mate rocked up in a black "GR" hire car to our race this weekend, it's quite a nice looking hatch but he doesn't like driving it. It think he just wants to be cool like me.
1000029423.jpg

Reactions: Nick and leosayer