GR86 Sideskirt Stone Chip Foil

WWGR86

Obsessed member
Apr 14, 2022
Oxfordshire
General question on did you remove the stone chip foil on your sideskirt?

It is a plastic film sticking at the end of the sideskirt?

If yes, is it easy to remove or do you need any tool? :unsure:

kacpr

Dedicated member
Apr 19, 2022
Northamptonshire
General question on did you remove the stone chip foil on your sideskirt?

It is a plastic film sticking at the end of the sideskirt?

If yes, is it easy to remove or do you need any tool? :unsure:
Probably won't be very helpful but - Yes, but that was because a PPF was being installed, and the guy did it.

Personally I wouldn't take them off, that area is prone to being hit with all kind of debris...

Reactions: WWGR86

WWGR86

Obsessed member
Apr 14, 2022
Oxfordshire
Probably won't be very helpful but - Yes, but that was because a PPF was being installed, and the guy did it.

Personally I wouldn't take them off, that area is prone to being hit with all kind of debris...
I am thinking of taking it off because my car is Pearl white - the rest of the side skirt could be turned into a different White to the area that is covered by the film.

Moonballs

Obsessed member
Apr 19, 2022
I had mine ceramic coated and have scratches on the bonnet, roof, boot, around the wheels, and i'm doing my best to be really careful too. but It is my daily at the moment. The paint is just so soft and easy to scratch, realisticlly you would need full PPF to keep it nice, otherwise just do what you can and accept/live with it. If you want to peel off the factory ppf, best to warm it a little first if you can.

SJR202

Obsessed member
Jan 28, 2022
Fleet, Hampshire
I had PPF on the side skirts (they removed that factory piece and it looks much better without it), mainly as people's shoes drag over the sill sometimes getting in / out. The paint is like chocolate and thinnest I've ever seen, I'd get protection if you can. Since I've had whole front end and rear bumper PPF which came too late for several stone chips / marks but felt the only way to protect the paint