GR86 Reassuring! Online/dealer ordering process

NoBoost

Dedicated member
Apr 12, 2022
Worcestershire
I just spotted this, I assume that's an official Toyota link/source saying not to worry and dealers can process pre-placed deposits/orders. Mine just refunded the deposit, bailed out and said sorry for the confusion, they learned after this forum that it'd be online orders only.

1675763365641.png

Ecsrobin

Totally Hooked
Dec 14, 2021
I think many who let their dealers take them through the process missed the boat and didn’t get a car. Your dealer did the best thing by giving back your deposit and letting you do it when it went live.

Reactions: --Rage--

NoBoost

Dedicated member
Apr 12, 2022
Worcestershire
I think many who let their dealers take them through the process missed the boat and didn’t get a car. Your dealer did the best thing by giving back your deposit and letting you do it when it went live.
oh absolutely - good job neither they nor I depended upon the reassurance from Toyota quoted above.

Ecsrobin

Totally Hooked
Dec 14, 2021
oh absolutely - good job neither they nor I depended upon the reassurance from Toyota quoted above.

I don’t think that statement is incorrect. They were able to assist you. But I suspect dealers didn’t expect the cars to all sell in an hour or so.

PVGR

Totally Hooked
Trader
Feb 5, 2022
Berkshire
I think some managed this - the dealer basically went on the website with you I think?

Ecsrobin

Totally Hooked
Dec 14, 2021
I think some managed this - the dealer basically went on the website with you I think?

Some dealers said they’d put the order in for the customer, some said come in and sit with us and we will guide you.

Reactions: PVGR