GR Yaris Litchfield motors intercooler

Adam69

May 27, 2022
It’s just a road car but I want it to be OEM plus if you like. I have a eventuri intake with DO88 turbo intake pipe, whifbitz titanium GPF back exhaust and a remap from Litchfield. Dyno graph below (that had the forge intake) note the ambient temps though it was a cold day. Other mods are not performance related. I kept the gpf after reading your input on that. Heat level? As in climate…..uk so mild and wet! I drive normally most of the time will a bit of fun thrown in for a few corners. The roads are a bit busy and the car at the back of a queue seems to be my Toyota GR Yaris

I am now going to have the updated ECUTEK software installed by Litchfield. More features and more mapping options for them to refine it better. I think I’ll stop there because it starts to get really expensive and the Mrs does not want me to turn it into a race car. More the best road car it can be. Appreciate the help. Guy
Have you consider the C-TEC intercooler? I've just had it fitted and it's perfect! Looks OEM and has plenty of tuning potential!

GJR

Devoted member
Jan 9, 2024
Have you consider the C-TEC intercooler? I've just had it fitted and it's perfect! Looks OEM and has plenty of tuning potential!
I had taken a brief look at it but not seriously considered it but I need to. What I want to avoid is going too large with the volume and introducing lag.

Litchfield- large surface area, one of the smaller volume increases at 71% with standard pipes.
Wagner- smaller surface area but with larger volume than the Litchfield. Would probably avoid the larger boost pipes
DO88- huge surface area and volume is close to that of the Wagner but I think as Onehp said the Wagner has less pressure drop. Is it just too big?

I have heard forge is not great and airtec is ok. Not exactly glowing support there. Price wise the above are similar but Litchfield only do supply and fit so it ends up being £750 more than the DO88.

Could you take a picture of your CTEC from the front. I have not seen a good picture with the car reassembled. How have you found it? Standard pipes?

Adam69

May 27, 2022
I had taken a brief look at it but not seriously considered it but I need to. What I want to avoid is going too large with the volume and introducing lag.

Litchfield- large surface area, one of the smaller volume increases at 71% with standard pipes.
Wagner- smaller surface area but with larger volume than the Litchfield. Would probably avoid the larger boost pipes
DO88- huge surface area and volume is close to that of the Wagner but I think as Onehp said the Wagner has less pressure drop. Is it just too big?

I have heard forge is not great and airtec is ok. Not exactly glowing support there. Price wise the above are similar but Litchfield only do supply and fit so it ends up being £750 more than the DO88.

Could you take a picture of your CTEC from the front. I have not seen a good picture with the car reassembled. How have you found it? Standard pipes?
Will do, i'll send pictures

Adam69

May 27, 2022

Attachments

Intercooler.jpg

Adam69

May 27, 2022
I'll get some pictures of the installation. It's the thickness of the core and quality of construction that is really impressive!

Onehp

Totally Hooked
Dec 6, 2021
Svveden
Those end tanks look both volumous and not friendly to flow. Thickness can help cooling internally but doesn’t help catching more air in the first place, so more suited for high speeds.

Reactions: Michael Knight

GJR

Devoted member
Jan 9, 2024
With those high ic you loose some cooling capacity from water to air radiator so just good to aknowledge - although havent seen water temps peaking too much here
My concern is I over do it for what is a road car. I don’t have any data on the standard intercooler with the remap. Litchfield is one of the smaller volume intercoolers

Onehp

Totally Hooked
Dec 6, 2021
Svveden
My concern is I over do it for what is a road car. I don’t have any data on the standard intercooler with the remap. Litchfield is one of the smaller volume intercoolers
Maybe log the car first with EcuTek ecu connect app. That said, for road use at least for me, my speeds aren't very high and little no cooling happens when lifting the throttle. Also stops really don't help. So there can definitely be a case for an upgraded IC even on a stock car, but it really depends. If you're driving open moors and keeping speeds relatively high, the need is much less then very narrow slower rally roads with sometimes very slow local traffic and frequent stops...

Last edited: