Forum Event Japfest 2024 - 7th April 2024 - Silverstone Circuit

Silver Fox

Totally Hooked
May 7, 2022
After today, it's forecast rain pretty constantly until Sunday. So I'll give the car a clean later (not done it for over a month) and I will have (almost) a week's worth of rainy muck for Sunday. So don't judge me!

Nick

Totally Hooked
Dec 6, 2021
West Midlands
After today, it's forecast rain pretty constantly until Sunday. So I'll give the car a clean later (not done it for over a month) and I will have (almost) a week's worth of rainy muck for Sunday. So don't judge me!
You won't be the only one, I managed to wash mine over the weekend, but will need to use it a few times this week, so it's likely to be filthy again by Sunday.

Last edited:

GR-Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Vendor
Nov 22, 2021
A reminder we have 6 plain mugs and 2 with a background still available - instructions on the post below.
They need to be ordered in advance and you can collect on the day.

Reactions: beorg and GR.KEV

GR-Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Vendor
Nov 22, 2021
I'm going to use this forecast for Sunday, I've not changed anything honest. 🌪️☔

zoo-fantasy-forecast.png

GR-Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Vendor
Nov 22, 2021
Update from Japfest

Club & Display Entry: 07:00
Do not arrive early, you will not be allowed entry
Public Show opening time: 10:00
Show closing time: 17:00

Tickets & Vehicle Pass
Have your tickets ready for scanning as you approach the entry gates, you can print or show them on a mobile device. Each person within the vehicle will need a valid entry ticket.
There are no tickets available to purchase on the gate, you must have purchased a public entry ticket in advance. If you do not have advanced tickets do not travel to the show. You will be turned away.

Your vehicle pass will need to be printed and displayed in your windscreen BEFORE you arrive at the event. Passes on mobile devices will NOT be accepted. Do not proceed to the entrance with your vehicle pass in the boot or glove box – you will hold up everyone’s entry into the show.
There will be ANPR cameras on entry to the venue entrances checking against the details you inputted when you booked your pass. It is vital that the vehicle you arrive in corresponds to the vehicle you have booked. You can update the details by logging into your account and editing your order. Alternatively, please email your booking reference and new vehicle details to us on shows@kelsey.co.uk and we can update it for you.
We have been made aware of tickets that have been sent via Eventbrite, these are not legitimate Japfest 2024 tickets and will not be valid for entry. Please ensure you have purchased the tickets via the Official Japfest website – www.japfest.co.uk. If you would like to check the legitimacy of your ticket, please contact us on shows@kelsey.co.uk and we will happily verify your tickets.

s.gif
Your journey to the event
After the 2023 event we received considerable complaints from the local community about excessive noise and dangerous driving standards. The future of Japfest depends on your support, we are relying on you to work with our traffic management plans and be considerate when approaching the circuit.

• Stick to allocated routes, ignore your Sat Nav
    New signage and road closures will be in place which work alongside our traffic management plan. Do not deviate from signed routes, this will help us get you into the show quicker.

• Drive considerately through local villages
Stick to the speed limits and be respectful of local residents.

• Speed limits and road laws still apply
There will be police patrols in the vicinity of the venue. Save your speeds for the track.

• Arrive at the allocated times
Gates will open at 07:00, do not arrive early. Plan your journey accordingly.

You will have been issues a T or B Vehicle pass, you must follow the relevant signage on your approach to the venue. Once inside the show, you must follow the instructions of marshals and security staff at all times, they are here to get you parked up as safely and quickly as possible.

Merchandise

You can collect your Free Showguide and Meguiars cleaning kit at the collection point in Pit Garage 2. Just show our team your Showguide voucher and Ticket that was sent with your tickets for them to scan and take away your freebies.
Please be aware there will be queues at the collection point, so consider returning at a later point in the day when the collection point will be quieter.

Grandstands
Grandstands open: Luffield, BRDC and Wellington Straight
They are not ticketed and are free to access
Key track times:
09:00 public track time starts
10:40 Drift Kings session 1
12:20 Drift Kings session 2
13:35 MX5 Owners Club track parade
15:00 Drift Kings session 3​
s.gif
Weather

There is a chance of wet and windy weather, please dress accordingly.
Due to the unprecedented wet weather in recent weeks our planned display areas on grass are unable to be used. We have replanned the event to ensure we are able to park each vehicle safely on hard standing, therefore the event may look a bit different to normal when you arrive.
We are sure you can appreciate that we have made this difficult decision to ensure the event is as safe as possible and there is no damage caused to your vehicle while on site.
It is now more important than ever that you follow the signage as you approach the venue, have your vehicle pass displayed and cooperate with marshals when directing you to your display.

s.gif
Camping Information

Camping tickets allow camping for the nights of Saturday 6th and Sunday 7th April.
You must arrive between the hours of 10:00 and 22:00 on Saturday.
Recent weather conditions mean the ground conditions are soft and challenging. Please ensure you are prepared for high winds, including appropriate guy-ropes and tent pegs as well as warm clothes.
Pitches will be allocated as people arrive, it may not be possible for you to camp in a group, please arrive at the same time as your group and we will do our best to place you together.

No vehicles will be readmitted to the campsite, with this in mind please ensure you bring everything you need before you arrive.

You must follow marshal and security staff instructions at all times.

GR-Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Vendor
Nov 22, 2021
Arrival time for display cars is between 7am - 9am, if you arrive late the organisers will send you to a public car park.

This AdamC video will give you an idea of how busy it can get.

GR-Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Vendor
Nov 22, 2021
Freebies. 🎁 o_O :love:

We've organised a couple of mementos for you if you are displaying your car with us - on arrival to the GR Zoo stand you'll be handed a voucher with instructions on where to collect your freebies. One voucher for each GR Zoo display car - simply redeem at the collection point to receive your stuff.

Freebies are from the forum and some of our supporters, as a thank you for your continued support and attendance on Sunday. 🥳

Silver Fox

Totally Hooked
May 7, 2022
Update from Japfest

Weather
Due to the unprecedented wet weather in recent weeks our planned display areas on grass are unable to be used. We have replanned the event to ensure we are able to park each vehicle safely on hard standing, therefore the event may look a bit different to normal when you arrive.
GR86/Supra owners:

giphy.gif

GR Yaris owners:

giphy.gif