It is time for a wristshot

Shoggy

Committed member
Jul 18, 2022
Germany
Love the debate about watches, got a few automatic Seikos, a JDM Orient and a Bulova myself, but could I suggest moving that debate into the Off Topic section of the forum
So, here we go 😀

I have never been a collector of watches - only one at a time and at the moment it is the Seiko SPB157J1. I guess I was lucky: its 6R35 automatic movement ( ~70 hrs power reserve) runs pretty accurate and stays within +/- a few seconds over several weeks. The only thing that I did not like is the leather strap that came with it. It is pretty stiff and uncomfortable. The Eulit canvas strap that I use now is great and the contrast lets the dial pop 🤩

seiko.jpg

Silver Fox

Totally Hooked
May 7, 2022
Warwickshire
So, here we go 😀

I have never been a collector of watches - only one at a time and at the moment it is the Seiko SPB157J1. I guess I was lucky: its 6R35 automatic movement ( ~70 hrs power reserve) runs pretty accurate and stays within +/- a few seconds over several weeks. The only thing that I did not like is the leather strap that came with it. It is pretty stiff and uncomfortable. The Eulit canvas strap that I use now is great and the contrast lets the dial pop 🤩

View attachment 8079
Thank you @Shoggy for 1) starting a watch thread (I was considering doing this myself) and 2) posting about your lovely Seiko.

I really like that dial - and you are right; the strap certainly complements the watch.

I'll post up my Grand Seiko later!

Reactions: Seano1878

Seano1878

Totally Hooked
Apr 13, 2022
Manchester
This is my daily wear now but I’ve changed the strap to a black rubber one as I thought there was way too much blue going on!
I got it when Jason put a pre order up for an hour or something so as long as you got your order in you were guaranteed one!
134736D7-F35F-48F5-8D44-7E9B27C2B6C0.jpeg

Seano1878

Totally Hooked
Apr 13, 2022
Manchester
So, here we go 😀

View attachment 8079
I absolutely love that dial.. need to add a Seiko to the rotation again but I’m trying not to go down the route of having a dozen watches again!

Reactions: Silver Fox

Seano1878

Totally Hooked
Apr 13, 2022
Manchester
D3B71774-9E27-4FA6-A3FE-A1369E4A66B8.jpeg

My GMT is pretty much limited to wear around the house or special occasions now. I wore it every day for 4-5 years but I feel it’s a risk wearing it now more than ever! I quite fancy a Grand Seiko as the finishing is unbelievably good and they’re a less obvious target for thieves.

Araf

Obsessed member
Dec 18, 2021
22 miles from Calais
If you're worried about your Rolex, get a Carnival 1986. I've been wearing one for a few years and it often gets mistaken for a Hulk. At around £60 you don't need to worry about what you're doing and it also has a day complication. The nice watches can be kept for nice occasions. :)
1664018634654.png

Shoggy

Committed member
Jul 18, 2022
Germany
This is my daily wear now but I’ve changed the strap to a black rubber one as I thought there was way too much blue going on!
I like it 💙 The white stitching helps a lot to balance the overall look.

Just found photos of my previous watch: a Victorinox INOX Automatic with a pretty unique strap (came with the watch). It has a leather base with thousands of tiny wood pieces attached to it.

inox.jpg

gr-fun

Zookeeper
Staff member
Dec 6, 2021
Cheshire
Oh jeez, not watches. I've owned more watches than we have members on here. I'll post a few that I've moved on when I get chance.

It's a disease.

Seano1878

Totally Hooked
Apr 13, 2022
Manchester
Another of my small collection of vintage watches.

I was looking for a birth-year Jaeger Le-Coultre for a long time, and a couple of years ago acquired my 1973 Jaeger Le-Coultre Club automatic. It has a 37mm stainless steel case and I've paired it with a beige distressed strap which I think suits the age, shape and gold-coloured hands and indices.

It's probably my favourite of my watches and the one I'm least likely to sell. I think it goes with casual or business wear (I tend to use a smooth dark brown or black strap). I wear it frequently, it loses about 5-10 seconds a day which isn't bad for the age. The quick-set date function works perfectly. It's in really good, unrestored/unpolished original condition.

View attachment 8317
Love that!