GR Yaris Head unit, hidden menu & types.

Tank

Fascinated Member
Mar 21, 2023
Hi, i am curious, evidently there are a couple of different head units fitted to the GR Yaris, I did some research and apparently the unit fitted to my car is manufactured by Garmin as standard, is anyone out there familiar with this specific model & how to access any hidden menus (if any). Thanks guys.
268CF5AB-D987-42B6-BCCA-49A5550FC8D8.jpeg
9A611EBC-F781-4BE2-BD42-BD4A14C5D3BF.jpeg
3F1A553F-EE3C-4842-974C-26390B764201.jpeg
1074559B-1238-4146-A634-0B07E91B9244.jpeg

area_educator

Dedicated member
May 14, 2022
Is this a GR Yaris?
GRY in Mexico also got a different sort of screen. Where as most of us have a dip downward between the screen and the dash, at least some of the Mexico GR Yarii have a situation that looks more like an old cathode ray tube TV.

Doug Demuro is terrible, but I must credit his video for this screenshot:
1679917228131.png

Tank

Fascinated Member
Mar 21, 2023
GRY in Mexico also got a different sort of screen. Where as most of us have a dip downward between the screen and the dash, at least some of the Mexico GR Yarii have a situation that looks more like an old cathode ray tube TV.

View attachment 14996
Thanks for the reply. 👍🏻🤝 That unit looks like the one I have, It's not bad, touch screen & decent sound but no GPS. Only problem is that it hasn't got wireless carplay and the USB port is on the unit as opposed to the USB port located close to the gear lever on other GR Yaris models abroad so the wire gets in the way.

area_educator

Dedicated member
May 14, 2022
Thanks for the reply. 👍🏻🤝 That unit looks like the one I have, It's not bad, touch screen & decent sound but no GPS. Only problem is that it hasn't got wireless carplay and the USB port is on the unit as opposed to the USB port located close to the gear lever on other GR Yaris models abroad so the wire gets in the way.
FWIW, I think it is different. Elsewhere in the video he shows the infotainment functioning, and it doesn't look like a Garmin device.

Good luck finding more info on yours. I'm curious about it, as well.

Reactions: Tank

Tank

Fascinated Member
Mar 21, 2023

View attachment 14996
I just had a look at Doug Demuro's video, haha , informative & sweaty, 😅 Thank you for the info , it is definitely not the one I have , most likely the Garmin one.

DukeGR4

Mar 28, 2023
Yes, a 2023 GR Yaris Rallye, you can see the seat in a reflection on one of the pictures attached.
Surely this is not the Australian Market GR Yaris Rallye? I am not aware of new Yarises coming in with a completely different infotainment

Tank

Fascinated Member
Mar 21, 2023
Surely this is not the Australian Market GR Yaris Rallye? I am not aware of new Yarises coming in with a completely different infotainment
Correct, not Australian, but a South African Gr Yaris Rally, and released with the head unit shown above.

Attachments

IMG_4647.jpeg

eqcons

Dec 20, 2021
Correct, not Australian, but a South African Gr Yaris Rally, and released with the head unit shown above.
Am I correct in thinking the ZA GR, like the UK models, does not have heated seats?

Tank

Fascinated Member
Mar 21, 2023
Am I correct in thinking the ZA GR, like the UK models, does not have heated seats
Hi eqcons, yes, no heated seats or heated steering wheel (cannot be added as an option either) , also the "SOS call button" next to the interior light has been removed. Other than that, the only difference is the head unit, which I am starting to enjoy, the only gripe is that the USB port is on the head unit as opposed to the port being at the bottom close to aux power plug on GR Yaris models abroad. It has apple carplay & android auto but not wireless , so the wire gets in the way, I managed to source a short USB cable that connects the phone that then rests under the head unit on the shelf in front of the ventilation vents.

Last edited:

eqcons

Dec 20, 2021
the only gripe is that the USB port is on the head unit as opposed to the port being at the bottom close to aux power plug on GR Yaris models abroad. It has apple carplay & android auto but not wireless , so the wire gets in the way, I managed to source a short USB cable that connects the phone that then rests under the head unit on the shelf in front of the ventilation vents.

That's arguably better than having the USB port down where it is on other models. Your cable isn't in the way of much, but (I use a short cable and put the phone in the same place as you) ours is pretty unsightly, having to pass up in front of the heater controls.

Reactions: Tank

Tank

Fascinated Member
Mar 21, 2023
That's arguably better than having the USB port down where it is on other models. Your cable isn't in the way of much, but (I use a short cable and put the phone in the same place as you) ours is pretty unsightly, having to pass up in front of the heater controls.
Oh i see, thanks for the reply, that makes sense. The port on the head unit seems a little flimsy, specifically the cover to protect the port, so I remove the cable and close the cover when visiting a carwash, which could easily break off if it catches on a careless rag. 🤔😅. See the photo of the ZA spec.
IMG_4651.jpeg

Attachments

IMG_4652.jpeg IMG_4650.jpeg
Last edited: