GR Yaris [Hagerty] - GR Corolla vs GR Yaris w/ Civic Type R, Golf R, Lancia Delta Integrale

R3v3r3nd

Feb 18, 2022

"GR Corolla vs GR Yaris w/ Civic Type R, Golf R, Lancia Delta Integrale — Jason Cammisa on the ICONS"

V. entertaining! More of this sort of thing....

Still watching so don't know who "wins" yet.

Reactions: Deleted member 534

Duke

Totally Hooked
Dec 27, 2021
As I said on the other thread, "Yoriss" 💀

Bit unfair comparing a base Yaris with the top-end Corolla. I suspect an LSD-equipped Yaris on PS4S would be much closer to the Morizo's time

D

Deleted member 534

Guests
I do like this video and the presenter is engaging to watch.

area_educator

Dedicated member
May 14, 2022
Oh man... I've been waiting for a Cammisa video featuring the GR Yaris. Even would've been excited for a GR Corolla vid from him-- he was in the car with the dude from Engineering Explained for _his_ GRC video, but still never saw a Cammisa video from that (he did talk about it a little on the Carmudgeon podcasat).

Super excited!

RichP

Absorbed member
Feb 27, 2023
Sussex.
Well unexpectedly enjoyed that, great presentation, shame it wasn't the 'real' Yaris on decent rubber but that Corrolla is (American accent) awesome! Would have been a on my list if available here, anyway 1st world problem.

Reactions: Deleted member 534

OPC100

Totally Hooked
Apr 23, 2022
Dorset, UK
I liked this video, it was good fun. I didn't like what was coming out that Integrale's exhaust though. Mine never did that. 😁

Reactions: Duke

CerN

Totally Hooked
Feb 17, 2023
www.instagram.com
I saw the video title and was quite excited. Ended up a little disappointed. It would have been much more interesting to see a Circuit Pack Yaris on the same tires as the Corolla, an actual fair test. I hope someone will do that at some point.

GRBadger

Absorbed member
Dec 6, 2021
Watched this earlier. There’s no denying the Type R is a good bit of kit…. on a bone dry race track but on a typical greasy and damp British B road or country lane we’ll be having much more fun in our compact GR Yaris’. That said, I probably would have a circuit edition Corolla, or at least take a good look at one if they were available this side of the pond. I particularly like a good gunmetal grey on a car.

Duke

Totally Hooked
Dec 27, 2021
It's a miracle they got a Yaris at all...

In New Zealand and Australia they are sold together, no comparo reviews out yet?
Yes, loads of reviews on Aussie sites.

Basic takeaway is that it feels more grown up, boostier, but no quicker. It’s also a lot more expensive, especially compared to the insanely cheap Yaris launch price in AU.

Reactions: Onehp