Totally Hooked
Jun 8, 2023
Scotland
IMG_4963.jpeg

AWB

Obsessed member
Mar 31, 2023
Edinburgh
Ordered a space saver from the wheel shop last weekend and it arrived on Tuesday which was impressive. Less impressive is the continental tyre on it that was made in 2011! 😡

Attachments

IMG_5511.jpeg
  • Wow
Reactions: bf1_irl

GRaven

Absorbed member
Nov 11, 2023
UK
I bought a 17” Subaru legacy space saver with 145/70/17 from EBay for £40. Test fitted on front wheel with no clearance issues on Caliper. New tyre is £60 for Uniroyal as current is years old. Have an M8 bolt tie down & cap for retainer in boot.View attachment 25526
Hi @Gazoo86 I'm thinking of getting the same size.

My question is do you need any extra bits of foam or ply with the Spare in Storage and your boot floor being completely flat? Or is it 10mm raised?

I'm curious as this guy on a US Forum was (video), was able to get a 135/80 R16 with perfect height for the boot floor.
In Comparison, your wheel is 10mm, being 0.4 inches thicker.

I was wondering if yours also works out to fit for a perfectly level boot floor resting on your wheel?

FA24DNA's Wheel
1714476972451.png

Your Wheel:
1714477129664.png

Dal3D

Totally Hooked
Feb 22, 2022
Leicestershire
@Dal3D did your wheel from this 2007 Legacy fit the boot floor perfectly? No Sag no raise? With or without Foam and Jack bit?
Fitted fine - std boot mat thing sat as before.

Reactions: GRaven

Gazoo86

Absorbed member
Aug 23, 2023
Hi @Gazoo86 I'm thinking of getting the same size.

My question is do you need any extra bits of foam or ply with the Spare in Storage and your boot floor being completely flat? Or is it 10mm raised?

I'm curious as this guy on a US Forum was (video), was able to get a 135/80 R16 with perfect height for the boot floor.
In Comparison, your wheel is 10mm, being 0.4 inches thicker.

I was wondering if yours also works out to fit for a perfectly level boot floor resting on your wheel?

FA24DNA's Wheel
View attachment 27468

Your Wheel:
View attachment 27469
It’s fits fine.
There is a boot floor foam you can buy and also a centre donut to support the floor. I used a 1” foam from Dunelm with a cut out to sit under wheel and a carpet tile on top of wheel(to kneel on when changing wheel and extending wheel wrench and bits wrapped in a towel)
IMG_7258.png
IMG_7259.png

Reactions: JonBon

sbc_uk

Totally Hooked
Jun 25, 2023
London, UK
www.instagram.com
So I'm heading to Europe in the summer.

I'm considering getting a spare and associated with tools to change it.

Has anyone successfully sourced new wheel and kit that fits in the boot well, screw down and space for tools? If so do you have a list / part numbers etc? And where from?

I will be very grateful. I have looked in this thread and more broadly elsewhere. My short attention span didn't help. Apologies Admin if this has been covered before. Please point me to the source.

Thanks!!! 😎🙏

ninjin

Obsessed member
Aug 29, 2023
So I'm heading to Europe in the summer.

I'm considering getting a spare and associated with tools to change it.

Has anyone successfully sourced new wheel and kit that fits in the boot well, screw down and space for tools? If so do you have a list / part numbers etc? And where from?

I will be very grateful. I have looked in this thread and more broadly elsewhere. My short attention span didn't help. Apologies Admin if this has been covered before. Please point me to the source.

Thanks!!! 😎🙏

I got my OEM tool kit from Ebay. Found a breaking GT86 and bought the tools. They fit perfectly into the cut outs we have in out boot. As for the rim, you have many options but as many have found, the tyre on these rims tend to be old. The one I got was 16yrs old! So budget another £70-100 to get the tyre changed.

Reactions: AWB and sbc_uk

GRaven

Absorbed member
Nov 11, 2023
UK
I dream of being able to purchase the bottom foam bit, so that everything fits OEM+
I have a brand new OEM wheel off a Levorg (It doesn't fit), OEM jack, OEM Wheel Nut and Washer.
And the fitment is just not perfect enough.

But it can only be purchased in the USA for $50~ with no UK Shipping options.
If anyone knows how to procure one or group by let me know! I'm desperate to replace my B&Q Foam Bits. 😭

1718123559240.png

Last edited:

Grblue86

Totally Hooked
Apr 10, 2022
Reading
I dream of being able to purchase the bottom foam bit, so that everything fits OEM+
I have a brand new OEM wheel off a Levorg, OEM jack, OEM Wheel Nut and Washer.
And the fitment is just not perfect enough.

But it can only be purchased in the USA for $50~ with no UK Shipping options.
If anyone knows how to procure one or group by let me know! I'm desperate to replace my B&Q Foam Bits. 😭

View attachment 28742
I've being told about the existence of US freight forwarders (I don't have experience of using them though) . But I will be interested in hearing of your experience if you engage their service

Reactions: sbc_uk