GR86 GR86 Delivery Tracking and Collection thread

cakper

Devoted member
Apr 9, 2022
Kent
Mines showing contact retailer too. Has anyone actually done that? I guess it is possible some cars have been sent to dealers for PDI and to get the stability control software update if that is indeed the reason for the delay?
Check status via website and not MyT - should still show what it used to before latest chages to the app.

KobayashiMaru86

Totally Hooked
Apr 14, 2022
Swansea, Wales
The app is still borked. In all the other changes of stage, at 11pm I'd get an automated email, even if it changed hours before. Nothing today, unless it won't until it gets to Derby.

SJR202

Obsessed member
Jan 28, 2022
Fleet, Hampshire
App hasn't updated (still back at the Processing stage it reverted to yesterday), but just checked the website and my car has now made it to Derby:

View attachment 8039

So it's taken 8 weeks to go from being built, to arriving in Derbyshire.
But if our speculations are correct, it's going to be at least the same again to make it the final 160 miles or so to me :D
Mine has been in transit to Derby for 6 weeks, its probably still in a traffic jam around Walsall :ROFLMAO:

KobayashiMaru86

Totally Hooked
Apr 14, 2022
Swansea, Wales
Got this email after I emailed this last night since I could see it was here and wanted to know when I could have it. Same as others have had

Regretfully I am unable to confirm the estimated delivery date at this time. Currently, deliveries of the GR86 are on hold across Europe.

Given some unique European conditions, such as a specific environment and usage, the GR86 is subject to a change to accommodate to these conditions. As soon as we are in a position to share any further information with regards to delivery date we will be in touch.

I apologise for any inconvenience or disappointment caused.

Your patience and understanding is greatly appreciated.

Conscript

Totally Hooked
Apr 20, 2022
Kent, UK
The communication is appalling.

They are unable to confirm the estimated delivery date when you ask them - however, they evidently haven't passed that line on to dealers, given that I've had a phone call from mine saying "It's going to be here on 16th November".

If they truly don't know, you'd think they'd tell the dealers not to be contacting customers.

Reactions: beorg and doogle83

Seano1878

Totally Hooked
Apr 13, 2022
Manchester
Got this email after I emailed this last night since I could see it was here and wanted to know when I could have it. Same as others have had

Regretfully I am unable to confirm the estimated delivery date at this time. Currently, deliveries of the GR86 are on hold across Europe.

Given some unique European conditions, such as a specific environment and usage, the GR86 is subject to a change to accommodate to these conditions. As soon as we are in a position to share any further information with regards to delivery date we will be in touch.

Extremely frustrating that they can’t say what the condition is that they must conform to? Surprised no one has flown a drone over Derby to see what state the cars are in. I’d also love to know what Luddite heard from someone wishing Toyota that made him instantly cancel, he’s not been on here since then.

I don’t have a horse in the race anymore yet it still annoys me!

Reactions: doogle83

SmokingPancakes

Obsessed member
Feb 25, 2022
Warwickshire

Toyota will always be coy, but reading between the lines, specifically "Given some unique European conditions, such as a specific environment and usage", I think the rumour of the stability control being the culprit holds some ground. "Environment and usage" screams to me something like wet conditions driving enthusiastically the stabilty control kicks in too late, as an example. Stability control has been required on EU spec cars since 31 October 2014, and I reckon what happened was when it was being homologated it failed to mee the requirements that the EU stipulate for the stability control programme.

Above is the document detailing stability control requirements, specifically paragraphs 5, 6 and 7. Paragraph 8 explains the testing conditions.

I know its a lot of speculation from my side, but if it is the stability control thats causing the hold on EU cars, the reason is somewhere in paragraphs 5, 6 and 7.

connorolewio

Devoted member
May 7, 2022
Aberdeen
I emailed Toyota UK after the change to MYT and the Dev tools was noted earlier this week and received the below in a response:

"I can confirm that there is no change to the status of your delivery I'm afraid. Currently the GR86 is on hold across Europe and we are awaiting further information with regards to dispatch dates."

Nice to hear the term "dispatch dates" be used, makes progress feel more imminent.

Now for conspiracy time. I still think the idea that some new safety/ euro spec component is currently being fitted is unlikely. I could, and likely will be, wrong about this but I feel the whole BZ4X/ Co2 fleet averages theory is much more plausible. My interpretation of 'conditions' is certainly market conditions, I cannot imagine that Toyota's preferred reading of these emails is a reference to slick weather.

But I know just as much as any of you. Probably less actually.

KobayashiMaru86

Totally Hooked
Apr 14, 2022
Swansea, Wales
At least with email comms they have been coming back to me quite promptly. I asked about would it change the spec of the car and were there any accessories available. They responded by saying they'd let me know what it is when they knew and reminded me I can still cancel at any time. I have NO intention of doing that. Apologised for lack of clarity, etc.

One interesting thing on accessories is they said a spoiler will be available which can be added prior to handover.

GRavel Trap

Obsessed member
Apr 22, 2022
Berkshire
At least with email comms they have been coming back to me quite promptly. I asked about would it change the spec of the car and were there any accessories available. They responded by saying they'd let me know what it is when they knew and reminded me I can still cancel at any time. I have NO intention of doing that. Apologised for lack of clarity, etc.

One interesting thing on accessories is they said a spoiler will be available which can be added prior to handover.
I'd definitely like a ducktail spoiler for mine, so good to know 😊

Reactions: KobayashiMaru86

Silver Fox

Totally Hooked
May 7, 2022
Proposed solution:

1. Toyota says "sorry" for all the non- and mis-communication to all prospective GR86 buyers.
  2. Toyota, as recompense, provides a £500 voucher for all buyers to use at participating Toyota centres for, say, parts, accessories, servicing, and merchandise.
  3. Toyota makes the ducktail spoiler available as a dealer-fit option for £499.99.
  4. Toyota agrees to cover the cost of fitting and painting said ducktail spoiler cos they've been divs.
  5. Toyota people read this suggestion on here, implement it, and think "that Silver Fox knows what he's talking about" before furnishing me with a handsome consultancy fee.
  6. GR-Zoo people - yes you good folk - take advantage of this offer and get your ducktails fitted and how lovely they all look.
  7. In the unlikely event you don't want a ducktail spoiler you can spend your £500 on servicing or other accessories or some ghastly Toyota Sport Rally apparel or whatever.
  8. GR-Zoo people - yes you again - are overcome with gratitude and all of you buy me some craft beer.
*Leans back in chair*