Attachments

he-knows-too-much.jpg

Kosh

Obsessed member
Jun 17, 2022
Some info, our secret Subaru spy postet some days ago in the German forum

TD;DR:
- the ligth blue is a Subaru color
- cars are pre produced/allocated in batches and matched to the customers configurations
- Toyotas tracker is not relying on real data

Full text by google translate:

The light blue is also a Subaru color, but it is not offered in D on this model (the XV used to have it, for example). Perhaps to understand the color variants. If you order a Subaru that is not limited, then you order your desired model and it will then be pulled from the EU warehouse because it is already there (after forward planning). If you order a model variant that is not in stock, then it will be in Japan ordered and it comes with a specific next delivery batch to D.
With the GR86, the vehicles are all ordered from Subaru before a customer has bought one here. There are only limited batches and it is not only produced in Japan after an order has been received. With this "Vehicle Status Tracker", Toyota has built a fantasy structure for customers such as "in production" that never existed.

The latter is interesting because there allways was a property "basedOnStatistics", what strongly supports this theory.
I GUESS, if you order a "real" Toyota, it may show real data, but if you order a Subaru or BMW based Toyota, it will show estimated data ( based on statistics :D).

So all the ship tracking (and so on) maybe not real.

However, thats the cause, why the ligth blue is no more available. There has been a finite pre defined number of light blue cars (same for every color) and you guys bought them all ;)

Reactions: Nick and AndyRC

AndyRC

Zookeeper
Dec 28, 2021
East Yorkshire
Some info, our secret Subaru spy postet some days ago in the German forum

TD;DR:
- the ligth blue is a Subaru color
- cars are pre produced/allocated in batches and matched to the customers configurations
- Toyotas tracker is not relying on real data

Full text by google translate:

The latter is interesting because there allways was a property "basedOnStatistics", what strongly supports this theory.
I GUESS, if you order a "real" Toyota, it may show real data, but if you order a Subaru or BMW based Toyota, it will show estimated data ( based on statistics :D).

So all the ship tracking (and so on) maybe not real.

However, thats the cause, why the ligth blue is no more available. There has been a finite pre defined number of light blue cars (same for every color) and you guys bought them all ;)
@Kosh I thought the GR86 went on sale in Germany 🇩🇪 before U.K. 🇬🇧 Release date of 20.04.2022 and your 2023 allocation sold out quickly so you should have been allocated the Neptune/Electric blue first 🤔 Are German customers being asked to select a different colour to Neptune Blue 🤔

Kosh

Obsessed member
Jun 17, 2022
@Kosh I thought the GR86 went on sale in Germany 🇩🇪 before U.K. 🇬🇧 Release date of 20.04.2022 and your 2023 allocation sold out quickly so you should have been allocated the Neptune/Electric blue first 🤔 Are German customers being asked to select a different colour to Neptune Blue 🤔
Yes, but same problem. Some people have been contacted and were told to change the colour.

Seems like tehre were allocations for each country, trim and colour.

Reactions: AndyRC

AndyRC

Zookeeper
Dec 28, 2021
East Yorkshire
Yes, but same problem. Some people have been contacted and were told to change the colour.

Seems like tehre were allocations for each country, trim and colour.
Wonder what would happen here if you asked to change to electric blue 🤔 Has anyone done that 🤔 I donated my pot of Electric Blue paint and changed to red before my welcome call so didn’t have to go to the back of the queue 👍

Reactions: Kosh

KobayashiMaru86

Totally Hooked
Apr 14, 2022
Swansea, Wales
All the cars are built in the same Subaru factory. The process, irrespective of colour will be the same. Not having enough of a colour is another issue. Toyota own part of Subaru so the Estimated is because the data comes from them. System wise you'd think they'd be integrated by now so is possibly coding from the early days. The line in videos we've seen is in the Toyota way.

All data I've had so far, down to all the dates and tracking of a boat at the right time for it to land and for it to say it was here confirms my car is in the country.

Reactions: doogle83

Stardus.

Dedicated member
Mar 15, 2022
After getting through the whole process, I doubt I would be happy to change into any other colours from Electric Blue, especially not at the stage that Toyota said the car have been build and already in the UK.

Kosh

Obsessed member
Jun 17, 2022
All the cars are built in the same Subaru factory. The process, irrespective of colour will be the same. Not having enough of a colour is another issue. Toyota own part of Subaru so the Estimated is because the data comes from them. System wise you'd think they'd be integrated by now so is possibly coding from the early days. The line in videos we've seen is in the Toyota way.

All data I've had so far, down to all the dates and tracking of a boat at the right time for it to land and for it to say it was here confirms my car is in the country.
If the data,
  • the dealer receives,
  • the data displayed at myT,
  • the emails we receive and
  • the "hidden data"
all have the same source, its logical, that they match ;)

Unless you really saw the car live, you only have some data, without knowing the source, unable to verify it.

KobayashiMaru86

Totally Hooked
Apr 14, 2022
Swansea, Wales
If the data,
  • the dealer receives,
  • the data displayed at myT,
  • the emails we receive and
  • the "hidden data"
all have the same source, its logical, that they match ;)

Unless you really saw the car live, you only have some data, without knowing the source, unable to verify it.
I do believe it's real and it's not even from the "hidden data". You can say it's not but when a boat known to have left Nagoya on the day the app said it did, lands in Portbury and then the webpage updates on the day that it's in transit. I'll take that. That's far too many variables to falsify.

We'll know for definite if the VIN in the data then matches the cars we get.

Reactions: doogle83

Kosh

Obsessed member
Jun 17, 2022
I do believe it's real and it's not even from the "hidden data". You can say it's not but when a boat known to have left Nagoya on the day the app said it did, lands in Portbury and then the webpage updates on the day that it's in transit. I'll take that. That's far too many variables to falsify.

We'll know for definite if the VIN in the data then matches the cars we get.
I did the same, wasted hours to find the ship, watches it every day together with my son.
But the data COULD be set before.

I dont know. I had much fun and good feeling, tracking it.
I just wanted to point out, what the Subaru-Guy said. But he is not allways right.

I aggree, that it would not make sense to display fake data for "leftLocationOn" for the factory and so on.

Maybe its a mixture, of some real data and estimations.

Conscript

Totally Hooked
Apr 20, 2022
Kent, UK
App hasn't updated (still back at the Processing stage it reverted to yesterday), but just checked the website and my car has now made it to Derby:

1663859947311.png

So it's taken 8 weeks to go from being built, to arriving in Derbyshire.
But if our speculations are correct, it's going to be at least the same again to make it the final 160 miles or so to me :D

--Rage--

Totally Hooked
Apr 19, 2022
West Sussex
Tin foil hat time, but I reckon the delay is due to
Same for me, we’re probably waiting for the next transporter to pick them up. Until they start handing them out to customers makes no difference now which car park they’re sat in I guess.
Probably ran out of space 😅

Tin foil hat time, but if they get delayed into next year, I will be convinced that it was to do with minimising any emission penalties rather than anything else.

86GR

Obsessed member
Feb 11, 2022
Mines showing contact retailer too. Has anyone actually done that? I guess it is possible some cars have been sent to dealers for PDI and to get the stability control software update if that is indeed the reason for the delay?