GR86 GR86 Delivery Tracking and Collection thread

Conscript

Totally Hooked
Apr 20, 2022
Kent, UK
Following my nominated dealer advising my car would be ready for collection on th 11th October, I called Toyota Online. They said that would not be the case, but suggested three to four weeks is likely. They did confirm my car (10:07 order) was in the UK; is awaiting release pending final checks (though no specific mention of software updates etc) and is one of the first to go out the door.

Called Toyota Online who said there is no update on the 'European Conditions' issue, nor any resolution plan or timeline at this point. Suggested anybody indicating otherwise was wrong.

He went on to say they are all reading this forum, that they know as little as any of us, they are finding this forum quite funny - which I was surprised by given the absolute mess of delivery commitments and the total lack of respect for customers in the form of even basic communication.

I said its not funny that cars had been sat in Derby for months deteriorating and he suggested they are in an area where they are being checked any contaminants removed when spotted.,,,,,,,

We'd planned a Bz4x purchase but thats impossible as theirs still no resolution to affix the wheels to the car, all round really unfunny.

So...completely contradictory information coming from the same place, then?

One customer gets told 3-4 weeks pending final checks.
Another is told that they don't even know what the resolution of the "European Conditions" issue is, let alone when it will be done.

Meanwhile, owners in Europe have picked up their cars (so presumably their cars are able to handle "European Conditions"), while the PR guy for Toyota is happily sharing teasers about a car on UK roads, but not bothering to engage with customers waiting for delivery.

Great.

Bennno

Dedicated member
Apr 26, 2022
Tenby, Pembrokeshire
So...completely contradictory information coming from the same place, then?

One customer gets told 3-4 weeks pending final checks.
Another is told that they don't even know what the resolution of the "European Conditions" issue is, let alone when it will be done.

Meanwhile, owners in Europe have picked up their cars (so presumably their cars are able to handle "European Conditions"), while the PR guy for Toyota is happily sharing teasers about a car on UK roads, but not bothering to engage with customers waiting for delivery.

Great.
Totally hilarious i'm sure for those at Toyota Buy Online.

Bordering on disrespectful to customers to still have zero communication, somebody clearly knows exactly what the issue is.

Reactions: GS6R4

GS6R4

Totally Hooked
Apr 9, 2022
In case anyone doubts the message I posted it came from a TGB Customer Relations team person as part of my ongoing case with them. Presumably the online team haven't had the same update. Or all the dealers. Yeah hilarious.

KobayashiMaru86

Totally Hooked
Apr 14, 2022
Swansea, Wales
Dealers know nothing or don't want to know after I phoned this morning. Thinking more about not using them apart from collection and going to another dealer out of their group instead.

Mick

Totally Hooked
Apr 20, 2022
Lincolnshire
Good, that at least Toyota employees have fun...

The tweet has lasted longer than the last one..

colbert-popcorn-popcorn.gif

• Haha
Reactions: LukeC22

Stardus.

Dedicated member
Mar 15, 2022
I have more updates and useful conversations from the parts department buying a single car window glass than the car sales team, when buying a whole brand new car!

Conscript

Totally Hooked
Apr 20, 2022
Kent, UK
In case anyone doubts the message I posted it came from a TGB Customer Relations team person as part of my ongoing case with them. Presumably the online team haven't had the same update. Or all the dealers. Yeah hilarious.
Oh! Yeah, sorry, I forgot about the response you'd had...
Response to the latest email I sent...

"We have received confirmation the issue delaying the delivery of your GR86 had been resolved. The software of the brake computer will be updated to better suit European driving and road conditions. We are currently awaiting the revised delivery date for your vehicle. Once this information is received, we will contact you again."

"Will be" suggests they've not implemented the fix yet but at least they know what it is so some progress finally!
So actually its:
- One customer gets told 3-4 weeks pending final checks.
- Another is told that they don't even know what the resolution of the "European Conditions" issue is, let alone when it will be done.
- A third has been told the issue has been resolved and just needs a revised delivery date.

Beginning to wonder if any of these people actually work for the same company.

SJR202

Obsessed member
Jan 28, 2022
Fleet, Hampshire
Dealers know nothing or don't want to know after I phoned this morning. Thinking more about not using them apart from collection and going to another dealer out of their group instead.
Im curious to what a dealer gets out of picking this sale up from the online channel. Do they get any money for handing it over or is that just an overhead in the hope you come back to them for future cars/service?
However, we never had a choice how we buy this car, if a dealer isnt interested then I'd choose another if you can.

Reactions: KobayashiMaru86

BOOSTFAN

Obsessed member
Apr 28, 2022
Leeds
It would appear we are not alone. My Honda dealer called yesterday just to say "Hello" we haven't forgotten about you, absolutely no news on Type R price or availability!

Reactions: KobayashiMaru86

SJR202

Obsessed member
Jan 28, 2022
Fleet, Hampshire
It would appear we are not alone. My Honda dealer called yesterday just to say "Hello" we haven't forgotten about you, absolutely no news on Type R price or availability!
You had a call though. Im not sure more than 1-2 people have had a dealer call about a car they're due to collect soon.

Reactions: --Rage--

BanjoGazooey

Obsessed member
Mar 31, 2022
West Sussex

I had a very similar call about a week ago. Even though no info was happy they checked in.

To be fair, the Toyota dealers I spoke to were like this before they knew that it was online only..

Reactions: Delahorney

LukeC22

Totally Hooked
Apr 19, 2022
West Yorkshire
Shouldn't be much longer then. Graham had the fleet one out
View attachment 8436
One thing about this post is the wording of "Let's hope the UK media like it as much as me this week"

Does that mean that the UK media are getting them this week or that he hopes the week he's spent with it is reflected by the journalists?

Hopefully it's the former and we can start to get excited again.

beorg

Zookeeper
Staff member
Apr 12, 2022
Essex
Called Toyota Online who said there is no update on the 'European Conditions' issue, nor any resolution plan or timeline at this point. Suggested anybody indicating otherwise was wrong.

He went on to say they are all reading this forum, that they know as little as any of us, they are finding this forum quite funny - which I was surprised by given the absolute mess of delivery commitments and the total lack of respect for customers in the form of even basic communication.

I said its not funny that cars had been sat in Derby for months deteriorating and he suggested they are in an area where they are being checked any contaminants removed when spotted.,,,,,,,

We'd planned a Bz4x purchase but thats impossible as theirs still no resolution to affix the wheels to the car, all round really unfunny.
Leaked photo of Toyota Online staff reading this forum:

1cfa904c-a95e-11e9-90e9-fc4b9d9528b4

Swizzle

Totally Hooked
Apr 13, 2022
Essex
So if they stick to the original timeline with the press release this week, santa may well be dropping them off ?

Attachments

98D2FA3C-DBB4-4236-A038-796D1ABA8AA1.png

Tony458

Devoted member
Apr 20, 2022
UK
So if they stick to the original timeline with the press release this week, santa may well be dropping them off ?
No I think the “dynamic press launch” has already happened on schedule - it was when all the magazines drove it in Spain.

The Autocar review etc. all happened around that time at end of May.

Hopefully the UK drives for press should be relatively quick and straight into deliveries not long after..