GR Yaris GR Yaris Workshop Manual - Access Denied!

Rallyboy

Fascinated Member
Apr 2, 2022
ToyotaManuals.com.au is a clunky, quite useless site that requires you to have a PC from the 90's for access (hello, SVG viewer??)
Not only that but when I asked support for help accessing the workshop manula for the car I purchased, this was the reply:

"Some Toyota Repair Manuals contain information regarding both internal combustion engines (ICE) as well as Hybrid or Electric Vehicle powertrains. Under the new ‘Motor Vehicle Service and Repair Information Sharing Scheme’ (effective 1st July 2022), information relating to Hybrid or Electric Vehicle powertrains is considered 'safety information' and access must be restricted."

What a joke. Does anyone have a copy of the workshop manual?

Cheers,
Andy

Kolbenkopp

Devoted member
Jul 1, 2022
Germany
Not sure if this is the best place to ask, but might as well.

Anybody in the know can shed a light on what resources we have? I had a quick look at https://www.toyota-tech.eu and clunky interface aside and difficult PDF printing, that seem to be worth the while. Subscription for an hour is under €5 with VAT. Almost worth it to grab the build sheet for your VIN?

Now are other Toyota sites available? Would one find an EU VIN on say a US site or in AU? What about an official online parts catalogue?

Sorry for the slight thread hijack and the noob questions. My first Toyota in the digital age ;).

Rallyboy

Fascinated Member
Apr 2, 2022

Anybody in the know can shed a light on what resources we have? I had a quick look at https://www.toyota-tech.eu and clunky interface aside and difficult PDF printing, that seem to be worth the while. Subscription for an hour is under €5 with VAT. Almost worth it to grab the build sheet for your VIN?

Now are other Toyota sites available? Would one find an EU VIN on say a US site or in AU? What about an official online parts catalogue?

Sorry for the slight thread hijack and the noob questions. My first Toyota in the digital age ;).
Good idea... maybe I'll try log into EU through a VPN and see what I can access. Such a shite system. Ridiculous.

Reactions: Kolbenkopp

Kolbenkopp

Devoted member
Jul 1, 2022
Germany
Can't hurt to try. And let us know what you can see if you have a minute. I'll try similar on the AU site just for giggles.

P@shencia

Fascinated Member
May 31, 2022

In attached threads you can find full pdf catalogue

Kolbenkopp

Devoted member
Jul 1, 2022
Germany
Thanks P@shencia! Found it and *very* useful. Do you or anyone else know the source of the catalogue? With previous VAG and Benz cars I really liked how you could get an online parts catalogue (for a small sub fee). Helps when parts get updated etc.

ChrisB

Dec 11, 2022
ToyotaManuals.com.au is a clunky, quite useless site that requires you to have a PC from the 90's for access (hello, SVG viewer??)
Not only that but when I asked support for help accessing the workshop manula for the car I purchased, this was the reply:

"Some Toyota Repair Manuals contain information regarding both internal combustion engines (ICE) as well as Hybrid or Electric Vehicle powertrains. Under the new ‘Motor Vehicle Service and Repair Information Sharing Scheme’ (effective 1st July 2022), information relating to Hybrid or Electric Vehicle powertrains is considered 'safety information' and access must be restricted."

What a joke. Does anyone have a copy of the workshop manual?

Cheers,
Andy
I used the European version. The Australian version I couldn’t use either. I took photos of my computer screen to save the information. Not the best but it was all I could do in 3 hours of access

Reactions: Rallyboy

corroded

Totally Hooked
Dec 23, 2021
I am still confused why they won't give you a GR Yaris manual, it's not electric or hybrid? Or have they combined the standard Yaris and GR in the same manual?

Reactions: GRandemakina

Rallyboy

Fascinated Member
Apr 2, 2022
I am still confused why they won't give you a GR Yaris manual, it's not electric or hybrid? Or have they combined the standard Yaris and GR in the same manual?
Exactly..... Too dangerous to give me information about an electric car, that I don't own.