2024 GR Yaris GR Yaris Mk2 (MY2024->)

Michael Knight

Totally Hooked
Dec 7, 2021
www.grcf.fi
Finland is still promoting the old model. Wonder when we will get the pricing etc. in place. Noted from French pre-order pictures that auto has higher CO2 figures than estimated so tax will be quite high here for that model. starting price more or less 66k if that 50k auto tax free price is valid here.

Last edited:
Reactions: micsub and Duke

micsub

Dedicated member
Feb 7, 2022
France
www.mksportscars.com
Clearly those on the waiting list or already have one will snap these up in a jiffy. No chance for anyone else sounds like!
Not sure of that at all. The Lucky ones that already have the original GR Yaris, most of us here don't want the Evo2. So that does leave some extra chance to get on the list. Rest assured, I'm sure that if this first batch sells out as quick as we all imagine it will, Toyota will build a new batch for 2025 anyway, so be patient for the Evo2 or start looking for a good OEM spec used Mk1 before those prices go high as well.

Norbi

Fascinated Member
Mar 7, 2024
Austin, TX
So… as the dates to open the order books in the various countries is approaching, may I suggest to have a place to update what we know for sure. I’m thinking the following structure:

Countrywebsite updated/pricing announced*e-mails from dealers went out to “invitees”Registration numbers were assignedLottery takes place in/onResults were publishedorder books open (and also probably closed)Base price (manual, without VAT taxes!)
Italy„moriso“15.3.—-—-—-16.3.€ 42620
Germanyteaser site / no prices15.3., with pricesSupposedly end of March, but not yet€ 39910
Belgium„moriso“2.3.NANANA7.3.€ 40190
UK27.3. / noMay
France
Sweden1.4. / no
Finland
Norway
Japan
Australia

* “moriso“ in this case stands for „Minimalinfo Only Revealed, Immediately Sold Out“ 🙏

Please, only hard facts, no rumors! So, if and when you were contacted, are on the list, or have already signed a contract, enter those dates here. That way, we can all watch how far the wave is. And maybe help those desperately waiting without spending half their wake time checking Facebook and other “news”. Makes sense?

Not sure whether the spreadsheet can be “written over” by everybody, if not, just enter your facts as a response and I can then edit this list.

Last edited:

sandervdw

Absorbed member
Mar 7, 2024
So… as the dates to open the order books in the various countries is approaching, may I suggest to have a place to update what we know for sure. I’m thinking the following structure:

Countrywebsite updated/pricing announcede-mails from dealers went out to “invitees”Registration numbers were assignedLottery takes place in/onResults were publishedorder books open (and also probably closed)
Italy—-15.3.—-—-—-16.3.
Germany—-15.3.
Belgiumnever, immediatly went to sold out2nd of MarchNANANA7nd of March
UKMay
France
Sweden1.4.
Finland
Norway
Japan
Australia

Please, only hard facts, no rumors! So, if and when you were contacted, are on the list, or have already signed a contract, enter those dates here. That way, we can all watch how far the wave is. And maybe help those desperately waiting without spending half their wake time checking Facebook and other “news”. Makes sense?

Not sure whether the spreadsheet can be “written over” by everybody, if not, just enter your facts as a response and I can then edit this list.

GRYaris_GRFour

Obsessed member
Mar 14, 2023
Sweden
www.instagram.com

Countrywebsite updated/pricing announcede-mails from dealers went out to “invitees”Registration numbers were assignedLottery takes place in/onResults were publishedorder books open (and also probably closed)
Italy—-15.3.—-—-—-16.3.
Germany—-15.3.
Belgium?
UKMay
France
Sweden1.4.
Finland
Norway
Japan
Australia

maybe baseprice can be added to the list as well ?

Euge

Totally Hooked
Jan 5, 2023
Tallinn, Estonia
manual: 48630
auto: 51270
premium pack (heated seats/steering wheel, parking sensors, blind spot monitoring, jbl sound system: 1590
premium pack + forged bbs wheels 3.990
colors
plain white: included
antracite, black: 650
white/red: 975
I heard similar pricing here from dealer in Estonia. Nothing official in writing here yet though.

Reactions: micsub

micsub

Dedicated member
Feb 7, 2022
France
www.mksportscars.com
I mean I'm sure they got a pretty good deal on a minimum order of what, 60-100k alloy wheels from BBS
I think that BBS was financially in a difficult situation when Toyota placed this big order of wheels which did help to keep them afloat. Maybe Toyota even bought a certain amount of shares in BBS to have priority ? This info to be checked ofcourse.

micsub

Dedicated member
Feb 7, 2022
France
www.mksportscars.com
GT-Rs are great, the way I would want to drive it would however land me in jail pretty quickly. All the while in the Yaris I'm having a ball and wondering how it is possible to get away with that; it simply goes under the radar for most... That makes it awesome...
Exactly.
The majority of the people don't notice us, because they don't know this car. It feels sooo good to get by un-noticed, even the police don't even look at you, whereas Subaru WRX & WRX STi I had before I was stopped most of the time only because they wanted to have a closer look at the car ! But that was already respectively 18 and 12 years ago... time flies !
In 2020 when they announced the GRY, I was planning to buy an Alpine and already had it configured on their website, but my wife was uncomfortable about the idea. When I told her that I had changed plans that I was going all into the GRY, she was quite relieved, because she too likes to get by un-noticed.
Yes The GRY is simply awesome, whatever our age actually as I can see from this forum ! Whether the Mk 1 or going for a 2, just enjoy it ! Drive it like it should be !

micsub

Dedicated member
Feb 7, 2022
France
www.mksportscars.com
How manny of you would order the bbs wheels?

Most of us buy aftermarket anyway i think?
Good question, I'm not sure I would. Especially looking at the price tag to replace one in case of damage. My OEM wheels have only the first 4 400 km the car did. My AM wheels have triple that. I love my after market WedsSports !

Reactions: markku

markku

Committed member
Dec 10, 2023
How manny of you would order the bbs wheels?

Most of us buy aftermarket anyway i think?
After some thoughts about it, I finally decided to add the BBS wheels to my Mk2 order, because I think they are a "necessary" part of the officially known image of this car.
My plan is to take immediately away the BBS wheels when I pick up the car, and to mount my set of OZ Superturismo WRC with "summer" tires, and my set of OZ Rally Racing with "winter tires".
I know they are heavy wheels (at least heavier than forged wheels) but they are reliable and strong for any use, and in general I like the "Rally effect" they give to the car.
I will put the BBS wheels back on just in case I will sell the car in the future, to restore it in its "pristine" shape.
Or if I'd decide to keep the car indefinitely, I will put on the BBS wheels from time to time with "summer" tires, but not too often, given their aftermarket eye-watering price. 😰