GR Supra GR Supra Manual - Review

MarkinStoke

Dedicated member
Dec 6, 2021
Stoke
Why is a fantastic product like the GR Supra not a car that is sold more.

it is a much better drivers car then new heavy M2. But BMW sells much more M2 then toyota sells supra s.

The Yaris GR and GR86 are also selling better.
Tbh there are loads of badge whores out there, they'd buy a bagoshite if it had a BMW Merc big name badge on it

D

Deleted member 534

Guests
The Supra owner is a funny one, I can't place who would want one.

A Cayman(or TT) owner is usually a young person with no kids and a lot of disposable income. This sort won't be seen dead in a Toyota or want a Toyota dealer experience.

Tbh I can't blame them, we all love it when a salesperson jerks us off gently as we part with our money and Toyota salespeople just aren't very good jerkers. If anything they'd mix the baby oil bottle up with the hot sauce and leave you dying in A and E with no lift home.

• Haha
Reactions: Silver Fox

OPC100

Totally Hooked
Apr 23, 2022
Dorset, UK
Watch this one.

Yep, I was looking forward to this and watched it yesterday after a long day's work. It was just what I needed. I love the way they go into alot of detail in their vids and have a bit of fun along the way. The way that they have started to do track comparisons / lap times is really good too. 👍

AdvEvo

Devoted member
Mar 8, 2022
At 1930 i am going for a test drive. The roads overhere will be wet. I am real curious about how it behaves.

Matt

Obsessed member
Dec 22, 2021
Derby
I really want a manual Supra, but tbh it's a hard sell over an approved used manual M2 Comp for 10 grand less. Used S55 vs new B58, S55 wins for me. Couldn't care less about the badge or I wouldn't be driving a Yaris :ROFLMAO:

I was hoping to get a drive in this one last week as I had my Yaris in for a service. Unfortunately it's been sold :(

Reactions: Deleted member 534

ZN8

Zookeeper
Staff member
Dec 29, 2021
Kent
Why is a fantastic product like the GR Supra not a car that is sold more.

it is a much better drivers car then new heavy M2. But BMW sells much more M2 then toyota sells supra s.

The Yaris GR and GR86 are also selling better.

I can think of 2 reasons,

1. Biggest and foremost, practicality, the M2 is a four seater with a useable boot.
2. Brand image, the UK has an obsession with German cars

Reactions: Deleted member 534

AdvEvo

Devoted member
Mar 8, 2022
Thats the problem a new GR Supra or second hand M2c for 10k less.

As a daily the M2 is maybe the better choice but as a weekend fun car the Supra maybe the better choice.

I am also thinking about a Porsche GT4 even better an RS but they asked to much over list price for it.
Last sunday i drifted a GT4 UK version on track. Thats is an awesome car also.

First test drive Supra see how it goes.

One thing is for sure. The Yaris GR and GR86 are there to stay. Awesome drivers Cars!

AdvEvo

Devoted member
Mar 8, 2022
I drove one.

To be honest to much GT for me.

Steering input is awesome. But the engine does not feel special enough. Feels more like comfort engine.
Also thing which annoys me is the moving up and down on the front end.

braking and rotation into a corner is perfect. The car Drifts perfect also. Very nice Balance.

The car looks are awesome.

The small wheelbase yes 👍

If you have an M2 i see no point of buying a Supra GR After an M2 you need an upgrade it would be a GT4 for sure.

If you have the choice between a new M2 or a Supra. Then it’s the Supra.

I feel more at home in a GR86 driving wise. Looks are for the Supra