evo 8 exowner from Spain!

gerard_fs

Jan 6, 2023
Hi my name is Gerard, Im from Spain ,actually I'm waiting for my white GR yaris with circuit pack, wich I hope be delivered on July "23 (6 months aprox)... Im a 18yo evo8 ralliart owner... (I'll sell it nearly) very happy with that car, the last years I fell fustrated because I didnt find any car to replace the evo... (cheap toy 4wd trackday turbo car with oem rally feels) spending under 50k... the first time I heard about the Yaris GR the light inside me start to bright again, and when I see 1280kg.. (200kg lighter than my evo ) I feel very fascinated.... the only thing that breaks me down was the 3 cilinder 1.6 engine.... but after testing personally the yaris, the only thing I can say is WOW😱😱... so much Nm on the low rpm zone, in my opinion the OEM yaris in terms of power feels very similar than my evo8 ralliart (340hp).In terms of braking... (my evo runs with 365mm AP racings 6pots calipers) and the yaris brakes still are much much better (200kg lighter is the key) , during the test..the toyota guy didnt let me slide it or pull the handbrake well how I would like....:ROFLMAO: , but the conclusion is that Gr yaris with a Stage 1 (filter ecu remap & exhaust) will hit the 300hp and 40Nm lines for sure.... and become a trackday supercar killer like the evo was (is). I hope I'm doing a right change, but in fact is the only change i can do nowadays 🥲 so wish me luck

If there is any other evo owner doing the GR change I will plaesured to talk with to change impresions and learn more about the GR.

thanks!!
_X6B5429.JPG
evo.jpg

Attachments

20220902_140858.jpg
Last edited: