GR Yaris DNA racing lower torque mount issue

CerN

Totally Hooked
Feb 17, 2023
www.instagram.com
Mine is doing exactly this with the stock one, with a whiteline insert... 😬
You have to be really..... slow off the clutch, all nimby not epic performance like it once was from new! :cautious:
Better get myself a new mount! :( (y)

Wow, sad to see that it happens with the stock mount + insert combo as well... :cry: Hopefully we can eventually figure out a reliable and good performing option.

I was recommended the Verkline mount, but also seen people say it introduces some serious NVH... Hardrace has one that looks identical to the stock mount but improved materials.

It's tempting to get the other 2 Powerflex inserts for upper gearbox mount and engine mount to offset some of the stress, but I've been sceptical with the whole zip-tie solution for the engine mount. Does it actually last?

Last edited:
Reactions: Kaxe

Spirited

Obsessed member
Jan 23, 2022
Hampshire, South East England
I was recommended the Verkline mount, but also seen people say it introduces some serious NVH... Hardrace has one that looks identical to the stock mount but improved materials...

I've heard the same about the Verkline one. I believe @Phil1291 wouldn't recommend it for road use.

The Hardrace is rummored to feel as the name suggests. Similarly high NVH reported for the Cusco one.
It's tempting to get the other 2 Powerflex inserts for upper gearbox mount and engine mount to offset some of the stress, but I've been sceptical with the whole zip-tie solution for the engine mount. Does it actually last?

For the upper gearbox mount one, no zip tie is needed. So, even if the zip tie doesn't last, it's in an area that is much easier/cheaper to access.

As to whether it lasts or not, I've heard all kinds; from "must use the zip tie" to "it's not required at all", both from official enough sources, to user feedback that ranges from "lasts just fine" to "yellow insert gets squeezed out, use black instead".

Last edited:
Reactions: CerN

banzai2

Dedicated member
Jun 13, 2022
Kent UK
Fitted the Airtec one after the stock part failed at 3000miles. https://www.airtecmotorsport.com/product/airtec-motorsport-gearbox-torque-mount-for-toyota-yaris-gr/

1717607308272.png

Florens

Dedicated member
Dec 23, 2021
Germany
I've heard the same about the Verkline one. I believe @Phil1291 wouldn't recommend it for road use.

The Hardrace is rummored to feel as the name suggests. Similarly high NVH reported for the Cusco one.

For the upper gearbox mount one, no zip tie is needed. So, even if the zip tie doesn't last, it's in an area that is much easier/cheaper to access.

As to whether it lasts or not, I've heard all kinds; from "must use the zip tie" to "it's not required at all", both from official enough sources, to user feedback that ranges from "lasts just fine" to "yellow insert gets squeezed out, use black instead".
The Hardrace one does introduce vibrations at idle. The vibrations calm down a lot once you're moving - I wouldn't say that it is a track only part but it's also not for people that are very sensitive to nvh.

Reactions: Spirited and CerN

Phil1291

Totally Hooked
Vendor
Dec 16, 2021
Sirnach, Switzerland
www.roetheli-racing.ch

My honest Opinion:
Whatever you do with your money. Spend it at a local Strip Club or Bar, donate it to Church or Charity, buy Tesla Stocks or just burn it.
It‘s better than to buy Hardrace Parts with it.

I haven‘t seen a single part from Hardrace that is worth it‘s money or is better than stock…

Last edited:

CerN

Totally Hooked
Feb 17, 2023
www.instagram.com
My honest Opinion:
Whatever you do with your money. Spend it at a local Strip Club or Bar, donate it to Church or Charity, buy Tesla Stocks or just burn it.

I haven‘t seen a single part from Hardrace that it‘s worth it‘s money or is better than stock…

Noted!

Michael Knight

Totally Hooked
Dec 7, 2021
www.grcf.fi
My honest Opinion:

I haven‘t seen a single part from Hardrace that is worth it‘s money or is better than stock…
one source was recommending either Cusco or Hardrace parts so I feel a disturbance in the force here.
Airtec looks clean though.

• Haha
Reactions: Florens

Florens

Dedicated member
Dec 23, 2021
Germany
one source was recommending either Cusco or Hardrace parts so I feel a disturbance in the force here.
Airtec looks clean though.
For what it's worth - when I installed my Hardrace Torque mount it was a clear improvement in shifting characteristics. However as I've noted in this thread I've had to slow my shifts down a little bit again recently and I haven't yet found the issue. It might be the Hardrace torque mount, my engine and / or Gearbox mount could also be on the way out though. No idea so far.

Last edited:
Reactions: Spirited

CerN

Totally Hooked
Feb 17, 2023
www.instagram.com
Threw the stock mount back on. Powerflex bushing hasn't arrived yet, and I am going away this weekend.
Took a quick test drive, and oh my I have my car back!

I suspect the DNA mount bushings have maybe failed gradually, or one before the other, because I think my car hasn't been this good for a little while, and I have just adjusted my driving style subconsciously until it got really bad last week.

At least this was a learning process, and now I know what to watch out for in the future.

DNA are shipping their black bushings to me, so I'm considering trying them out, in case I find the NVH not too bad it should be stiffer than the powerflex solution.

4FGR

Dec 9, 2023
I gave the hardrace one a try and to me it totally ruined the car, the pulsing through the clutch was horrible and even the tailgate rattled.
There is no give at all in the rubber of this mount.
In fact you can knock the rubber with your knuckle’s and it’s like brick.

Coming from Impreza’s with poly and nylon bushes I am well versed in increased NVH.

Suffice to say 24 hrs later the OE mount was back on and that’s how it’s remained.

Only my opinion but I don’t think the OE part fails, It’s just the rubber is meant to move inside the mount that way.

I think Toyota need to keep the original design but just increase the shore hardness ever so slightly to take up a bit of slack.

👍🏻

Last edited:
Reactions: GRandemakina

Sekred

Dedicated member
Dec 18, 2021
I gave the hardrace one a try and to me it totally ruined the car, the pulsing through the clutch was horrible and even the tailgate rattled.
There is no give at all in the rubber of this mount.
In fact you can knock the rubber with your knuckle’s and it’s like brick.

Coming from Impreza’s with poly and nylon bushes I am well versed in increased NVH.

Suffice to say 12 hrs later the OE mount was back on and that’s how it’s remained.

Just my opinion but I don’t think the OE part fails, I just think the rubber is meant to move inside the mount that way.

I think Toyota need to keep the original design but just increase the shore hardness ever so slightly to take up a bit of slack.

👍🏻
Which Hardrace mount did you Have?

This one?

Hardrace 1.jpg
Or this one?

Hardrace 2.jpg

4FGR

Dec 9, 2023
This one looks half decent for the money, someone should give it try so we can get some feedback… 😉

IMG_0394.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Kaxe