GR86 Best induction kit for airflow?

Conscript

Totally Hooked
Apr 20, 2022
Kent, UK

$1,100 (£860 ish)
Cheers. Still very pricey. But if it sounds good, I may consider upgrading from the K&N, as the design is obviosuly better.
Biggest annoyance is that the bumper has to come off for installation. I know that's not technically all that difficult, but I'd hate to end up with the clips weakening and the bumper sagging - was pretty common withthe firs gen I think.

Grblue86

Totally Hooked
Apr 10, 2022
Reading
Cheers. Still very pricey. But if it sounds good, I may consider upgrading from the K&N, as the design is obviosuly better.
Biggest annoyance is that the bumper has to come off for installation. I know that's not technically all that difficult, but I'd hate to end up with the clips weakening and the bumper sagging - was pretty common withthe firs gen I think.
Yes, I would have preferred it to be compatible with the oem snorkel then you can decide if you want to take the bumper off or not

Reactions: KobayashiMaru86

KobayashiMaru86

Totally Hooked
Apr 14, 2022
Swansea, Wales
This is what puts me off too.

ZN8

Zookeeper
Staff member
Dec 29, 2021
Kent

$1,100 (£860 ish)
Pretty pleased that this comes under 1k, it sits nicely in the middle of the market, bridging the gap between the low end cone in a box type filters and the high end carbon fibre RAM style intakes. I will be placing an order if my insurance accepts intake mods.

Given it's made of carbon fibre and the size and shape of that snorkel I bet it sounds nuts.

Last edited:

grzoostuff

Obsessed member
Apr 20, 2022
UK North East

$1,100 (£860 ish)
Which one would you go for gloss carbon or matte carbon?

GRistopher

Obsessed member
Oct 23, 2023
Pretty pleased that this comes under 1k, it sits nicely in the middle of the market, bridging the gap between the low end cone in a box type filters and the high end carbon fibre RAM style intakes. I will be placing an order if my insurance accepts intake mods.

Given it's made of carbon fibre and the size and shape of that snorkel I bet it sounds nuts.
I'm interested too. I wonder if we'll get a special zoo rate ;)

Mick

Totally Hooked
Apr 20, 2022
Lincolnshire
Given it's dollars I'm assuming it's from the US, so at that price there'll be fees to pay too which won't make it far off £1k. Was the dyno run done on a UK car?

Not sure why it's in dollars, there website says they are UK based.

"INFINITY DESIGN was founded in 2014 operating from the U.K with the aim to provide the very best performance upgrades."

Reactions: KobayashiMaru86

ZN8

Zookeeper
Staff member
Dec 29, 2021
Kent
Given it's dollars I'm assuming it's from the US, so at that price there'll be fees to pay too which won't make it far off £1k. Was the dyno run done on a UK car?
It's a UK company so I'd imagine we should be able to get hold of them without having to get it from the US, would be a bit backwards @Infinity will these be available through a UK stockist? I noticed Swift Performance sell your products.

Conscript

Totally Hooked
Apr 20, 2022
Kent, UK
Saw this video but it seemed a bit useless and the top comment summed it up. Like most of thier videos they don't really show the parts in detail, they breeze through the install so fast you can't learn much from it and then there's no objective analysis, nor even much attempt at showing us how it sounds...and really that's the most important part, as pretty much no intakes are going to do anything apart from improve noise (without a tune at least).
For what it's worth, these guys have just dont another video. Again, there's not really much of interest, no install or sound clips, but they are at least now showing the final product.

Reactions: La3195

Swizzle

Totally Hooked
Apr 13, 2022
Essex
There’s a part of me now tempted to just get a silicone hose, maf pipe, universal air filter and see how it goes, although this could be becasue I've just seen samcos fire red camo pipework 😎

Conscript

Totally Hooked
Apr 20, 2022
Kent, UK
Call me a cynic....but isn't that purely for bling? I can't really see that it offers any peformance gain, and I thought any noise improvements came from the airbox design rather than the intake pipe.

They show graphs showing lower pressure loss, but surely a good quality silicone hose would do the same thing?

KobayashiMaru86

Totally Hooked
Apr 14, 2022
Swansea, Wales
Call me a cynic....but isn't that purely for bling? I can't really see that it offers any peformance gain, and I thought any noise improvements came from the airbox design rather than the intake pipe.

They show graphs showing lower pressure loss, but surely a good quality silicone hose would do the same thing?
I agree but so far it's the only one that retains the bladder. If someone wants to make a silicone one that retains the bladder I'd buy it, which is why I'm not getting this.

Reactions: Conscript

sim61

Totally Hooked
May 12, 2022
Surrey
Fitted my K&N induction kit today.

I wrapped the complete box with heat shield that is used to shield motor bike exhausts. Hopefully up to the job.

It definitely makes a difference to the engine sound and more noise at lower revs than I was expecting after other comments on the forum. Only had a very short drive so far though.

Compress_20240713_184303_3009.jpg

Reactions: Swizzle